Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 1 Jan 20, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
fireforhair
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile Oct 20 booked - BA& MDE advice

Happy New Year everyone. We booked a Disney trip for October a few weeks ago and got a great deal at Hilton Bonnet Creek, including park tickets with BA. We’ve not stayed there or done Disney for several years having always done Universal and stayed onsite instead. Bonnet Creek has the extended 60 day MDE early booking window. We’ve received the usual 6 digit BA booking reference and then 2 ‘non flight vouchers’. A hotel voucher which has a long hotel booking reference and the park tickets voucher which has a reference to use on yourpark code.com. The yourparkcode.com reference doesn’t work yet - information varies between saying it will work 30 days in advance, 60 days in advance, or sooner. I’m assuming though this will only link our park tickets to MDE. Does anyone have any experience of linking a BA hotel booking to the MDE app? None of our many other references are recognised in MDE. Also how far ahead of our trip should I expect to be able to link our park tickets.
Google throws up some horror stories linking BA bookings so I’m nervous about this not going smoothly. Any advice/experience much appreciated. I know we have months to go yet but I always feel better once I can see our booking in the app . Many thanks in advance and happy planning everyone
fireforhair is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post

What format is the BA hotel booking reference in? It should be an all numeric either eight or ten digit number. If you have this, then it could just be that it is working its way through the system, it can take some weeks.

I have never heard of yourpark code.com? Is this something to do with Disney?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

I've done it before, had to contact the hotel to get the reference to link to MDE, took about a week for them to come back and all linked up fine.

No idea about the tickets as I booked them through ATD.

Edited at 02:37 PM.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
jvm32
Trainee Dibber

Mobile

Just checked and I'm getting my hotels mixed up, was the Hilton Buena Vista Palace which is also a good neighbour hotel, however I'd imagine it's the same process.
jvm32 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:48 PM  
Link to this Post
fireforhair
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
What format is the BA hotel booking reference in? It should be an all numeric either eight or ten digit number. If you have this, then it could just be that it is working its way through the system, it can take some weeks.

I have never heard of yourpark code.com? Is this something to do with Disney?
The BA booking reference for the combined booking is 6 digits, the hotel reference on the non-flight voucher is 14 digits and a mix of letters and numbers
I’d never heard of yourparkcode either until this booking but it’s used by quite a few tour operators. You’re given a code with your park ticket booking and use this to retrieve the Disney reference number to link the park tickets to MDE. Feels unnecessarily complicated
fireforhair is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 20, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
fireforhair
A Guest at All-Stars

Mobile

Originally Posted by jvm32 View Post
I've done it before, had to contact the hotel to get the reference to link to MDE, took about a week for them to come back and all linked up fine.

No idea about the tickets as I booked them through ATD.
Thank you. Sounds like it’s worth me contacting the Hilton directly then. I may try and wait until slightly nearer the time if I can resist. I usually book tickets through ATD. The BA website said explicitly the 60 day MDE booking privileges were contingent on booking both the hotel and tickets through BA which is why we booked tickets through them this time. I’m sure that’s nonsense though.
Old 3 Jan 20, 06:06 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by fireforhair View Post
The BA booking reference for the combined booking is 6 digits, the hotel reference on the non-flight voucher is 14 digits and a mix of letters and numbers
I’d never heard of yourparkcode either until this booking but it’s used by quite a few tour operators. You’re given a code with your park ticket booking and use this to retrieve the Disney reference number to link the park tickets to MDE. Feels unnecessarily complicated
I don’t think you have got the correct reservation number for the hotel then. You should chase them up for the correct number.

Still have no clue about your parkcode, I have never seen it mentioned before on dibb.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List