Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 28 May 19, 06:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Starmum22
Imagineer

Mobile Young grandparents

So, I’ve just found out my 17 yo daughter is pregnant and I’m going to be a gran at 39! I’ve almost gotten my head around it but one thing I cannot do is be called granny or gran as it just sounds too old!

If you’re a young grandparent what do your little ones call you?
Old 28 May 19, 06:56 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I was 44 last year when my granddaughter was born , I thought most names sounded old but we settled on nan .

Seemed the best of the lot and she’s now 9 months old and says nan nan about 100 times a day which I love .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Eeyore rocks
VIP Dibber

Eeyore rocks's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
My husband wanted me to be grandma! No way, I’m only 50... a nanny is a hired help, so I am Nana... which I love 💕

Congratulations...it is the best feeling. 🥰
Eeyore rocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:05 AM  
Link to this Post
MissVincent
Imagineer

Mobile

My dad and his wife were both only 40 when my step sister had her first daughter. They went with Pop and Gran.

I don't see gran as being old. Lots of grandparents I know are gran. I find grandma quite old
MissVincent is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
My Dad has always been called Beardy. Was Grandad Beardy now just Beardy. My Mum is known as G nuts (Grandma Nuts) as she's a little bonkers in a good way 😆 A friend is a very glamours lady from Trinidad she's known as Nonna.

Edited at 12:12 PM.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I was also a young grandmother so I went with Grandma as I liked it plus all the Nan, Nanny, Nana and Granny names were in use as the next two generations up were still with us.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
I was 44 last year when my granddaughter was born , I thought most names sounded old but we settled on nan .

Seemed the best of the lot and she’s now 9 months old and says nan nan about 100 times a day which I love .
DB. My Wife decided on Nan Nan and both Grandchildren use that expression.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Taffy1959
VIP Dibber

Taffy1959's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I was 49 so not that young when our eldest grandson was born and we are Nain and Taid.
Old 28 May 19, 07:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by soooexcited! View Post
My Dad has always been called Beardy. Was Grandad Beardy now just Beardy. My Mum is known as G nuts (Grandma Nuts) as she's a little bonkers in a good way 😆 A friend is a very glamours lady from Trinidad she's known as Nona.
We are grandma and grandad , I was 47 when I became a grandma and wanted to be called grandma , the 13 year old middle grandson sometimes calls us Big G and Little G as a nickname 😂
I didn't feel any older or look any older by being called grandma I just embraced the fact that I was a grandma 😊
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 May 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
JackyH
Imagineer

JackyH's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Whilst I wasn’t particularly young when I became a gran. My grandchildren call me nana Jacky. I like it, except for the youngest who at 13 months just says nana.