Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 9 Jan 20, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

BA flights to Orlando from Heathrow

I'm having difficulties pricing flights LHR-MCO on the BA website. They pop up on skyscanner via Philadelphia at a decent price but if I try on BA.com the only option is LGW or expensive LHR via Dublin prices.

Has anyone found a way to get these prices from them direct please? I'd ideally like to book with BA so I can do flight/car with a deposit.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Try americanairlines.co.uk . My BA flights this week were much cheaper on there using the AA code share ... oh you want deposit only. Maybe get my magic or Charter to quote you for a fly drive as that’d be deposit only.

(I had the opposite problem my husband wanted LGW MIA rather than LHR MIA, we are just spoilt with so many airports lol)

Edited at 10:30 AM.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:26 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You could try calling BA rather than using their website... but as there are no direct flights from Heathrow to Orlando you may not get the answer you are looking for! We've only ever managed to fly from Heathrow via Ireland when when needed to fly back into Heathrow from a different US location.
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:28 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Reunion View Post
You could try calling BA rather than using their website... but as there are no direct flights from Heathrow to Orlando you may not get the answer you are looking for! We've only ever managed to fly from Heathrow via Ireland when when needed to fly back into Heathrow from a different US location.
Thank you - will try, I'm happy to do the Philly indirect but the only ones that pop up are Dublin and are way more expensive than the BA options that come up on skyscanner.
jlbf06 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:32 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by duchy View Post
Try americanairlines.co.uk . My BA flights this week were much cheaper on there using the AA code share ... oh you want deposit only. Maybe get my magic or Charter to quote you for a fly drive as that’d be deposit only.

(I had the opposite problem my husband wanted LGW MIA rather than LHR MIA, we are just spoilt with so many airports lol)
Thank you! Just wading in - there are a lot of options on there!
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Reunion
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by jlbf06 View Post
Thank you - will try, I'm happy to do the Philly indirect but the only ones that pop up are Dublin and are way more expensive than the BA options that come up on skyscanner.
We went American on a codeshare via New York to Orlando - we flew home direct from Houston to Heathrow. Good luck - the BA call centre are (usually) pretty helpful!
Reunion is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyCupcake
Imagineer

I'm having difficulties pricing flights LHR-MCO on the BA website. They pop up on skyscanner via Philadelphia at a decent price but if I try on BA.com the only option is LGW or expensive LHR via Dublin prices.

Has anyone found a way to get these prices from them direct please? I'd ideally like to book with BA so I can do flight/car with a deposit.
As others have said BA don't fly direct to Orlando from Heathrow but have you tried looking at Multi-City on the BA website that mey help your planning and some Dibbers have been getting some good deals on there.
DisneyCupcake is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jan 20, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
jlbf06
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry I think I wasn’t clear in my post - I wasn’t expecting to fly direct, but the lhr to mco via philly option just won’t come up on the BA website, no matter what I do. Only indirect via Dublin which is much more expensive.
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post
scouser
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry I think I wasn’t clear in my post - I wasn’t expecting to fly direct, but the lhr to mco via philly option just won’t come up on the BA website, no matter what I do. Only indirect via Dublin which is much more expensive.
Have you tried flight and car then click customise to tailor your own flights
Old 9 Jan 20, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

If the flights aren't available via customising trip, you may have to call. BA.com does not show all the options through a combination of technical limitations and commercial choices by BA. You can ask them to waive the telephone booking fee for something that is not bookable online, which they will frequently do.

You would definitely be able to book with AA connections via PHL if you call BA, but whether it would be cheaper than booking with AA is another matter. At that point you'd need to consider if the price or the deposit facility on a package is more important for you.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List