Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 21 Jan 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

I've been checking every day for 3 weeks and I just keep getting the same ones on rotation. (Castle, Minnie, Princess, Galaxy's Edge, Riviera)
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
bernard301
slightly serious Dibber

There were a number of Dibbers last year who had ordered magic bands quite some time in advance and arrived in resort to be given plain ones. In view of that I would personally leave it until a couple of weeks prior to departure, I very much doubt Disney have a system in place to store ordered bands for upwards of 7-8 months (Its different for those from the US as Disney can ship bands to the US)
bernard301 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:33 AM  
Link to this Post
LittleKezza
Trading Disney Pins

Mobile

Originally Posted by rayraygreen View Post
I've been checking every day for 3 weeks and I just keep getting the same ones on rotation. (Castle, Minnie, Princess, Galaxy's Edge, Riviera)
A few different ones turned up this evening. Mickey with castle, Darth Vader, Minnie polka dots. But the white castle was gone when I looked. The others were all there.

So hard knowing whether to pull the trigger or gamble on waiting! My 8yo will be gutted if she doesn't get the red Minnie one! But hubby is really hanging out for one of the Solo movie ones...
LittleKezza is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
rayraygreen
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by LittleKezza View Post
A few different ones turned up this evening. Mickey with castle, Darth Vader, Minnie polka dots. But the white castle was gone when I looked. The others were all there.

So hard knowing whether to pull the trigger or gamble on waiting! My 8yo will be gutted if she doesn't get the red Minnie one! But hubby is really hanging out for one of the Solo movie ones...
I finally caved last night so we have the pink and white Minnie one and the Mickey with the castle one. I couldn’t keep checking every day until we go, I’d lose my mind haha! The red Minnie one came up for me regularly so fingers crossed you can find it too!
Hollywood Studios CM - 2013
Epcot UK Pavilion CM - 2017-2018
rayraygreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

Is there any significant benefit to having an official special band, vs buying a skin to stick onto a plain band? Only I like the design of some of the skins more than the official bands that have come up so far, plus they're cheaper so I was just going to get those?
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by VicStar View Post
Is there any significant benefit to having an official special band, vs buying a skin to stick onto a plain band? Only I like the design of some of the skins more than the official bands that have come up so far, plus they're cheaper so I was just going to get those?
The only benefit is that they look better than a skin and the design won’t come off. I usually use a skin as you can then create your own design but they do wrinkle and can start to come off at the ends after time.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:07 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

It’s a bit annoying that you can’t order them separately. I like the white castle one but there wasn’t one my sister liked. Now it’s gone!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Lu Lu
Imagineer

This whole system is annoying and it's like Disney don't want to take our money!

I have just started to look, although it is too early for our trip. Galaxy's Edge and Darth Vader are there today but there are only 15 available - is there more choice than this at other times?

I am going to wait and if all else fails we will all just get coloured ones but I was thinking about treating the boys to a special one - they might have to settle for a skin.
Lu Lu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:20 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Mobile

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post
This whole system is annoying and it's like Disney don't want to take our money!

I have just started to look, although it is too early for our trip. Galaxy's Edge and Darth Vader are there today but there are only 15 available - is there more choice than this at other times?

I am going to wait and if all else fails we will all just get coloured ones but I was thinking about treating the boys to a special one - they might have to settle for a skin.
It seems to be totally random. I think we’ll just check regularly and if we see one we both like we’ll just go for it. I’m not too bothered but my sister had the Dole Whip one last year and it was lovely.

Trip Report Index
Old 22 Jan 20, 12:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Lu Lu View Post

I have only had about fifteen options the last couple of times I have looked, although there were some nice ones. We have a few bookings coming up, including some single days so I have on one order got one that DH would like and I have settled for one that is ok and another time got one I like and DH has settled.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List