Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 30 Mar 20, 09:39 AM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Extending cheeky week - Anna Marie Island ?

So with our main holiday in the summer to France looking unlikely it looks like our cheeky week for October half term may be our main holiday - we currently have a fly drive booked with BA staying on I drive for a week - only planning to do Universal etc.

Now thinking we could add on a week and head to Anna Marie Island and hit Tampa parks while we are there

Does anyone have any thoughts/ recommendations ? My OH is concerned that there wont be enough to do with our DS (11 and 7)
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi there, There is loads to do on the Island and in surrounding areas... I have a pdf which the owners of the apartment we always stay at sent to me with my confirmation of booking. It has masses of info if you'd like to send me a pm on here... I can't add the file on the forum so would need your email address to send direct. I understand you may feel uncomfortable doing it this way but I assure you I would not mis-use your email address

Edited at 10:27 AM. Reason: To add to the main content of message.
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 20, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
sparrow
Imagineer

Mobile

I've done exactly that. One week in Orlando then chill on Anna maria island. Would totally recommend it.
Old 31 Mar 20, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Lola
Imagineer

Lola's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have a week booked for Anna Maria in October after a WDW stay. Hoping it ca go ahead.
Lola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 20, 11:59 PM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

We went to Anna Maria island for the day and were a bit underwhelmed. Maybe we were at the wrong side or something? What is there to do there?
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Apr 20, 06:59 PM  
Link to this Post
elise
Imagineer

I love the underwhelmingness !

Edited at 07:01 PM.
elise is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Glee Fan
Imagineer

Mobile

We have been to AMI a few times now, my children (now 16) have never been bored there and love the place. The longest we spent there was 14 nights, pure bliss! I’ve done a couple of trip reports if you wanted to search for them.
Glee Fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Apr 20, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lola View Post
We have a week booked for Anna Maria in October after a WDW stay. Hoping it ca go ahead.
That's a coincidence; we are also going to WDW in October then off to the Island for 8 days.
Lets hope we both get there
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 08:18 PM  
Link to this Post
smithlane
VIP Dibber

My favourite place on Earth, go for it! I can recommend AMI Accommodations for finding somewhere to stay

IG - alicialanesmith
smithlane is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 20, 08:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
We went in 2018. Its a nice place but we suffered red tide which ruined the experience
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List