Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 26 Nov 16, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfool
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Dancing at a Concert

What do people think about dancing at a concert?

I'm all for it if they are dancing in the "standing" area, but you shouldn't stand up and dance in a seated area.

Discuss...
Disneyfool is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 08:51 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Disneyfool View Post
What do people think about dancing at a concert?

I'm all for it if they are dancing in the "standing" area, but you shouldn't stand up and dance in a seated area.

Discuss...
Well, I suppose we'll find out this week when we go to see Rod Stewart. We're in the main floor area of the arena and if past occasions are anything to go on we'll be up and jigging about. It's either that or sitting looking at someone's back end for all the concert.
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
MeganGB
slightly serious Dibber

MeganGB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Mobile

If you wanna dance... DANCE! 😂 Who cares whether you're in a standing or seated section, if you wanna have a dance, go for it! 👍🏼 More than happy to see others having a good time, regardless of where they're seated.
MeganGB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
soooexcited!
Imagineer

soooexcited!'s Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I defy anyone to stay seated at some gigs. At Faithless the entire 02 was up on its feet dancing, it was amazing.
soooexcited! is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 09:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

If you are not fit enough to stand or dance for the whole gig then it is a bit disheartening to sit looking at a row of peoples backs. Been there - done that. We cannot book the disabled seats online and sometimes by the time we get through on the phone they are all gone and we have to take what is left. I don't expect people on the main floor to stay seated but up in the Gods I can't abide it.
Other thing I hate is people getting steaming and talking loudly to their (steaming) friends during the bulk of the gig.
I'm there to see and listen to the band/artist and if I can't do that I might as well stay at home.
Old 26 Nov 16, 09:16 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Originally Posted by MeganGB View Post
If you wanna dance... DANCE! 😂 Who cares whether you're in a standing or seated section, if you wanna have a dance, go for it! 👍🏼 More than happy to see others having a good time, regardless of where they're seated.
Yay
I dance when seated and I don't care what others think, most people around me have been either dancing or a least moving a little, your there to have a good time

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
DavieBhoy
VIP Dibber

DavieBhoy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 3
Personally I am unable to stay still at a gig - love to dance - off to see The Levellers on Wed and Frank Turner on Frid next week and will be giving it laldy at both

Tracy

DavieBhoy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Bullpeppar
Imagineer

Bullpeppar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I always dance - Robbie Williams in Dublin come June is our next concert and like all other concerts, we will be dancing

DLP-Santa Fe '01DLP-Cheyenne '03Quality Inn Jul'05 Oak Plantation Resort-Jul'07-3wksDLP-Sequoia Dec'08Hamlet Crt-Jul'09-3wksHamlet Crt,NY,HRH-Jul'11-3wksRPR & Rotonda-Jul'12 Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'13-3wksRPR,Hamlet Crt,Rotonda-Jul'14Watersong,RPR,Rotonda Jul'15-3 wksWatersong,RPR,Rotonda-Jul'17-3wks LGI, Watersong,RPR-July ‘19
Bullpeppar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Pookie3101
Imagineer

Pookie3101's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I always stand up and dance in the seated area at concerts. I have never been to a concert where everyone stayed seated, the majority stand.

DLP NBC - 2008, DLP SL- 2009, DLP SL, 2010.
AKL - 2014, POR - 2016
Pookie3101 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 16, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Tracydcp
Imagineer

I notmally get up and dance especially for the most popular songs. I remember going to see Kelly Clarkson quite a few years back and people were being told to sit down by ushers. God knows what she must have thought looking out at the audience still sat in their seats! It all went out the window when she sung "Since You've Been Gone" as we all had to get up and dance!
Tracydcp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread