Notices
General Trip Planning Other Holiday Planning.

Old 14 Dec 19, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Posse
VIP Dibber

Disney Posse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Hotel recommendations please in London

Looking to book a double room for two nights in London next march for my son and his fiance. they want easy access to underground to get into central london for a show and options to eat in the area near the hotel

So many to choose from and as its a present I want it to be a reasonable one

Hyde park area any good

All help gratefully received
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Bad Pink Tink
Imagineer

My go to is Travelodge or Comfort Inn I usually just search London on their websites and it shows all the locations in central London for my dates. I then just choose by budget. Hyde Park area is good but one of the most expensive hotel areas. Park Lane, Hyde Park Corner down to Knightsbridge is where the 5 star luxury hotels are located. If hotels such as The Dorchester, The Lanesborough, The Four Seasons, The Intercontinental, The Manderin etc are in your budget range, then its a great area to stay in.

What show are they going to see? Many theatres are located in the Piccadilly, Leicester Square, Sharftsbury Avenue area, but some are in different areas. Wicked and Hamilton, are in Victoria area for example. Honestly it does not really matter if you dont stay walking distance to the theatre, with the Tube and London buses, its very easy to get around.

I have stayed in
Travelodge Southwark - across the road from Southwark Tube Station, Jubilee Line
travelodge/hotels/...outhwark-hotel

Travelodge Marylebone - across the road from Marylebone Tube Station, Bakerloo Line
travelodge/hotels/...rylebone-hotel

Comfort Inn near Victoria Station (now Best Western) - 5 minutes walk from Victoria Tube Station, Victoria Line
comfortinnbuckinghampalacerd/
Bad Pink Tink is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Posse
VIP Dibber

Disney Posse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I have been to london many times and know the tube very well - son and fiance want direct line in - not too much messing about changing lines etc

Really just looking for a reccomendation for a nice hotel- 3* or above that is tried and trusted , not too far out

will have a look at the above - thank you
Old 14 Dec 19, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
skalexander
Imagineer

I like the Travelodge Covent Garden, it’s clean, cheap and cheerful. It’s at the top of Drury Lane, so close to restaurants in Covent Garden and plenty of theatres. It’s also a short walk to Holborn and Covent Garden tube stations. I usually get it for around £60 a night but it can sometimes be super expensive.
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:19 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

I’ve never had a bad experience with a Premier Inn in London.

If I’m feeling a bit flush I really like the location of the Z Hotel Tottenham Ct Rd (it’s down a side street two minutes’ walk from Carnaby Street) and have always managed to get it for a good price for such a central location (sub £140 p/n) TINY rooms but we are never in ours.
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:20 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Holiday Inn Friends and Family rate can be worth a look too.
Old 14 Dec 19, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
kateb78
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Apex City Of London is lovely. 2 mins walk from tower bridge station and some rooms looking out over the Tower of London. We really like it.
kateb78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
sky13
Imagineer

I stayed at the Dorsett Shepherds Bush last year - thought it was a fairly nice hotel, within easy walking distance to the Westfield White City (which is huge and has lots of eating options) and the Shepherds Bush Tube which is a direct line into Zone 1.

Their prices do seem to be a bit variable though as I had booked them on a good deal with Expedia when I stayed, but when I tried to book them again on a later trip I found their rates to be a lot higher than what I'd paid the previous time.
Old 14 Dec 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsBrown
Very Serious Dibber

Park plaza Westminster bridge
MrsBrown is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Dec 19, 09:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Irishlass
Apprentice Imagineer

We stay in the Premier Inn at Hammersmith when in London.
Tube station is 2 mins walk away.

We find it the perfect base for everything. And there's a Nandos, wetherspoons etc on the same road all within 5/10 mins walk.
Irishlass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List