Old 16 Aug 22, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Day 6 Around Harrogate

Wake up really late, Max hasn’t even requested a wee yet. I quickly throw on some clothes and walk him across the road to the park, then back for showers and getting dressed. D is up, so we both get ready as the room is really stuffy.
I stick another 50p on the car and then we walk to Starbucks where Max gets his first pupacino. Looks like he likes it! He also eats most of our sausage sandwiches….

Walk back to the car and load up Max. First stop, Mother Shiptons cave. I read online it’s much cheaper to park in the public car park and walk in as a pedestrian if there are only the two of us, so we do this. Knaresborough is very busy already but we stop at the river for Max to have a little dunk.

We pay and enter and I really enjoy it. It’s a bit pricy, but I really like it. Lovely and shady by the river, dog friendly, and even ice cream half way including some that I can have.

Have a quick look in the museum/shop then wander back to the car after another quick dip in the river for Max.
We drive next to the Yorkshire heart winery which is about half an hour away. I’ve booked a wine tasting that includes tapas for lunch. It’s so lovely here. I take over driving and I have the 3 tasting package, and he has the 7 as it’s mostly red wine. It comes with 3 little tapas dishes that are really tasty. It is so dog friendly in here and they have 2 chocolate labs who do the rounds after the snacks have been delivered.

We don’t buy any wine as it isn’t cheap, but are very glad we came.
On the way back we head to the Aldborough Roman village for a walk round with our English Heritage cards. It’s small but pretty interesting and we can mostly let Max off the lead.
I’m
Back to Harrogate we go and park the car. We don’t even bother changing we just head straight to the pub over the road for a couple of cold drinks whilst Max sleeps away. It is at this point I completely forgot to take any photos. We had 3 drinks here and then found a lovely pub called the Old Bell Tavern where we had steak, a burger, sticky toffee and a brownie (washed down with wine) AND FORGOT TO TAKE PHOTOS. Sorry

It’s too early to go to bed so we have a mooch around Harrogate and take Max to the park for one final wee. Quick soft drink in the air conditioned bar and bed.
Old 16 Aug 22, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Day 7 Home

We both wake up pretty grumpy as the room is so hot. I make D take Max out and he says it’s lovely and cool outside so we pack up quick sharp.
We decide on a cafe near the hotel where D has Eggs Benedict and I have a toasted tea cake, plus tea and coffee, it was lovely.
I drive D to his car and we head to a nearby castle in Spofforth for a look around and dog walk.

After we are done here we both head separately home and have a really good drive.

It’s been a lovely week but we are all glad to get home and chill out in the shade
Old 16 Aug 22, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Planning
Imagineer

Another lovely day, you found plenty to do, including the wine tour which must have been interesting.
Disney Planning is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Aug 22, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by tigger48 View Post
Your trip looks lovely, and Max is gorgeous!
Thanks! He knows it too
Old 16 Aug 22, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Libby B View Post
Max is really living his best life! Fab photos.

I love Whitby it is one of our local seaside haunts and all our visitors ask to go to Whitby! Agree with you about Magpie - it is lovely but there are so many other ones that are good - we also like Harley’s and also Quayside too.

Really enjoyed your report! Thanks for taking the time out to post.
No Thankyou for reading! I like doing them as I get to read back in years to come!

He’s a good dog and he’s such a pleasure to spoil
🥰
Old 16 Aug 22, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

Fraisthorpe beach is an excellent dog beach, it’s next to Bridlington.

We’ve been to Yorkshire Heart winery too, didn’t buy any wine either cos it was horrible! Thin and tasteless.

You were very good at finding dog friendly places, did you have a guidebook? Or just ask at the door?

Great trip report, lovely dog you have.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Aug 22, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
mitch84
Imagineer

mitch84's Reviews
Originally Posted by Nesbits View Post
Fraisthorpe beach is an excellent dog beach, it’s next to Bridlington.

We’ve been to Yorkshire Heart winery too, didn’t buy any wine either cos it was horrible! Thin and tasteless.

You were very good at finding dog friendly places, did you have a guidebook? Or just ask at the door?

Great trip report, lovely dog you have.
I tended to google dog friendly websites in the towns, but if I like the look of somewhere I’ll just pull up trip advisor and search dog in the reviews. Everywhere is getting more and more dog friendly which is great.
I didn’t go as far down the coast as that but will next time!