Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 22 Jun 22, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Bootrip2 View Post
So currently are the old rules still standing , ie £60 per parent per child?
Yes , well I’ve not seen anything to say different to this .
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Dreamer1977
Helping Mickey

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I agree with them denying access to funding if you fail GCSE maths or English. Neither is hard and if you have the ability to pass a degree you have the ability to "rote learn" enough to scrape a pass in these subjects.

I mean overseas kids who do English for a couple of hours a week for 2 years can pass GCSE English so surely a degree capable student who has lived here all their life must be able to do the same.

GCSE maths is now so easy that if you can do simple maths and remember the formula you can get a 6 which is enough to be considered a pass
I think this is quite offensive to the kids who do struggle or have exceptional circumstances that would make it harder. My DD has just sat her GCSE's and whether she passes or fails I am proud of the fact that she actually managed to get in and sit them! She is a perfectly capable teenager who I have always said would be capable of doing a degree, but after one the most awful years may have to retake maths and English (hopefully not)
Dreamer1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Bolto6
Imagineer

Better make the most of that £120 fine and go away for 3 weeks instead of 2
2026 - maybe...
Bolto6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jun 22, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Bolto6 View Post
Better make the most of that £120 fine and go away for 3 weeks instead of 2
I’m hopefully tagging two weeks on to a half term break! 🤞
Old 22 Jun 22, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
jorm35
slightly serious Dibber

It’s the Daily Mail so therefore full of ****
Old 23 Jun 22, 12:03 AM  
Link to this Post
babbymint
Imagineer

Originally Posted by 123 View Post
I agree with them denying access to funding if you fail GCSE maths or English. Neither is hard and if you have the ability to pass a degree you have the ability to "rote learn" enough to scrape a pass in these subjects.

I mean overseas kids who do English for a couple of hours a week for 2 years can pass GCSE English so surely a degree capable student who has lived here all their life must be able to do the same.

GCSE maths is now so easy that if you can do simple maths and remember the formula you can get a 6 which is enough to be considered a pass
Words fail me.
babbymint is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 12:32 PM  
Link to this Post
maznorm
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by xXxSammi88xXx View Post
My 9 year old hasn’t attended school since October and the local authority couldn’t care less yet go on holiday for 2 weeks and all hell breaks loose🙄
I have 3 children. My middle child who is autistic (they all are but she struggles far more than the other 2) was out of school for 3 years as nowhere could meet her needs after the school she was in pushed her into having a psychotic break. We have finally found an appropriate school for her now. But the damage it has done to out family goes unnoticed. My youngest has been out of school since October after years of temporary and eventually permanent exclusions. Local Authority are appealing and take forever. My eldest has panic attacks at just the thought of going through the school gate. This is all as a result of the damage done to my daughter by the school and local authority for not finding her an appropriate school for 3 years. She has had at least 1 other psychotic break during this time and the impact on the family has been akin to PTSD.

If the LA think they can fine us for my eldest missing school, due to panic attacks, or quite frankly if we go on holiday, they can kiss my backside.

It seems education attendance is only “the most important thing” if it is nice and easy for the school to support.

The Schools Bill is horrifying and will affect everyone with school age children. I advise everyone with school aged children to look at it and petition against it.
maznorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 12:35 PM  
Link to this Post
nadya
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maznorm View Post
I have 3 children. My middle child who is autistic (they all are but she struggles far more than the other 2) was out of school for 3 years as nowhere could meet her needs after the school she was in pushed her into having a psychotic break. We have finally found an appropriate school for her now. But the damage it has done to out family goes unnoticed. My youngest has been out of school since October after years of temporary and eventually permanent exclusions. Local Authority are appealing and take forever. My eldest has panic attacks at just the thought of going through the school gate. This is all as a result of the damage done to my daughter by the school and local authority for not finding her an appropriate school for 3 years. She has had at least 1 other psychotic break during this time and the impact on the family has been akin to PTSD.

If the LA think they can fine us for my eldest missing school, due to panic attacks, or quite frankly if we go on holiday, they can kiss my backside.

It seems education attendance is only “the most important thing” if it is nice and easy for the school to support.

The Schools Bill is horrifying and will affect everyone with school age children. I advise everyone with school aged children to look at it and petition against it.
So sorry to hear that,similar story here.It doesnt get noticed and the damage isnt seen.
nadya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
natanddaz
Imagineer

Originally Posted by maznorm View Post

I know this isn't the point of this thread but I'm sat here in tears after reading your post. The last 9months with my youngest DS has been awful and I have felt so very alone yours and similar posts have made me realise I am not. Thank you x
natanddaz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 22, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
MillyMoo
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by natanddaz View Post
I know this isn't the point of this thread but I'm sat here in tears after reading your post. The last 9months with my youngest DS has been awful and I have felt so very alone yours and similar posts have made me realise I am not. Thank you x
You're definitely not alone x
MillyMoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List