Notices
Itineraries Post your Trip Itineraries here.

Old 19 Jul 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
mikeishere
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Perfect WDW / Universal 2 wk itinerary?

Possibly going to WDW and Universal with a friend for 14 days but I’m finding it so difficult to plan the perfect itinerary doing all of the Disney and Universal parks with rest days over 2 weeks. I dont for example know how many consecutive theme parks to do without feeling exhausted and when to fit in the rest days. Does anyone have a sample itinerary I could see?
mikeishere is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 22, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
elshabba
Proud to wear my Ears

Hiya

Me and my brother are going in September and we're doing a mix of Disney & Universal. I've found the planning harder than when we went in 2015 (where we winged it!) due to having to book the parks.

We're staying at Universals Dockside so what I've done is book a mixture of Disney Parks which I can cancel if needed and just spread them out randomly then we will just go to Universal when we fancy it whilst also having Disney booked if we fancy Disney that day.

We will be using Typhoon Lagoon and Volcano Bay as our 'rest days' and some days may do a mix of a few hours in Universal and then Disney in the afternoon/evenings with a dip in the pool at lunch.

I would say just book a Disney Park everyday then it's there to use. Then just do you rest days when you think you need one rather than booking a rest day in and finding you've had a second wind haha!

elshabba is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 22, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Dom and Sarah
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Our is still a work in progress, but this is how we are looking so far

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/pla...a=view&p=68131

This will be our third time, but we made the mistake of no rest days the first trip. Second one was so much better dropping Clearwater Beach in (though it is apparently a tourist trap now, sad times)
Dom and Sarah is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 22, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Something to consider is where you are staying as this will affect the 'best' solution. We did a split stay one year onsite at both and split 10:4, we tend not to do rest days but rather will spend half a day in a park and then go back to the room, shower, rest and maybe head to either another park or shopping/pool time later in the day. We find the parks and weather more bearable in the morning and typically go in summer so that may be why this works best for us. Booking parks at wdw means this needs scheduling but you can always cancel if you change your minds.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Aug 22, 01:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Neil34
Trying for More Ears

Same here,

We are travelling in October and trying to get it sorted for our group of 14 isn't as easy as I thought! Seems like I have been given the job as I have been the most

We like to spend the first full day at the villa, finding out where we are and just generally relaxing, from there its trying to look at which parks are open latest on which days (we like to be there opening to closing) and trying to plan early starts with no not late nights the day before,

this is where i am at the moment but to be fair its changed 3 times already today

Travel Day
REST DAY
Hollywood Studios
Typhoon Lagoon
Islands Of Adventure
REST DAY
Animal Kingdom
Magic Kingdom
Universal Studios
REST DAY
Epcot
Volcano Bay
FREE
FREE
FREE

last 3 days are free so we can then go back to our favourite's or just relax before we go home,

Neil
Old 15 Feb 23, 11:33 PM  
Link to this Post
LizJMT
Proud to wear my Ears

We did 10 days Universal in the summer last year (with a cheeky day at HS). We did parks everyday, but only the HS was a full day. We tend to stick to the early up - leave at lunch - relax - out for evening plan. Works well. Did shopping a couple of times in the afternoon, went to Disney Springs one morning.

Obviously harder at Disney as more parks, but I think people vary with what they consider as rest. For me it is not standing in a hot queue, I’m still happy being busy.
LizJMT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 23, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
miked1e
Imagineer

miked1e's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Our ideal 14 night WDW/Universal holiday would be a split stay with 4 nights at Universal and 10 nights at WDW making the most of the time at the parks as we can.

We, like others don't build in full rest days but will come out of parks early afternoon some days for hotel / pool time or in he case of a couple of days where we go the waterparks may just end up in Disney Springs later that day rather than back into another park.

We are up early kind of people to make the most of the mornings...

My itinerary would look something like

Day 1 - Arrive at Universal hotel - Citywalk
Day 2 - IOA AM / US PM
Day 3 - US AM / IOA PM
Day 4 - VB / Citywalk
Day 5 - IOA AM - Travel to Disney hotel PM (possibly a WDW park)
Day 6 - MK all day
Day 7 - DHS AM / Epcot PM
Day 8 - AK all day
Day 9 - Epcot AM / MK PM
Day 10 - BB/TL - Disney Springs
Day 11 - DHS
Day 12 - MK
Day 13 - AK
Day 14 - Epcot AM / MK PM
Day 15 - MK AM before travelling to airport

Day 11-13 will be flexible what we do in the evening, whether this be hotel activities, Disney Springs, stay in the same park all day or travel to a different park in the evening.

Also to add, whilst we maximise our time in the parks, it is not running from one attraction to another but also resting / relaxing in the parks with a drink / food or similar.
Old 21 Feb 23, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
JoeA
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

We try and split our plan into chunks of 3 days, and have a non theme park day in each of the three blocks.
JoeA is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List