Notices
Offers, Discounts, Codes, Cashback and UK Shopping Money Saving tips, UK shopping topics , discount links and offers.

Old 3 Mar 22, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
willow
Imagineer

We don’t tend to buy a lot as it’s only the two of us but I do think it’s worth it.
We buy the lemons, they seem to last longer than the ones from the supermarket, the cooked chickens, tissues and any random American groceries I find.
They also sometimes have good deals on there wine
The double sided Christmas wrapping paper is also fab!

Indian Creek 2004,Radison 2005
Indian Creek 2007,Calabry Park 2009
Lake Wilson Preserve 2011,2013, 2015,2016,2017,2018, 2019,2020
willow is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 07:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Connors Daddy View Post
Thanks all. Our nearest is around 20 mins or so I think it'll be worth a go, even for a year. Cheers
Good decision! We live 10 mins from our Costco
Their rotisserie chickens are so good and Costco is great for summer bbqs etc.. as you can buy lots of meat for a really decent price.
Their avocados are really nice too and taste much nicer than the ones we used to get in tesco.
And of course the petrol savings!

Edited at 07:42 PM.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 07:04 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by willow View Post
We don’t tend to buy a lot as it’s only the two of us but I do think it’s worth it.
We buy the lemons, they seem to last longer than the ones from the supermarket, the cooked chickens, tissues and any random American groceries I find.
They also sometimes have good deals on there wine
The double sided Christmas wrapping paper is also fab!
That wrapping paper is brilliant, I’ve still got so much left and wrapped loads last year! Also had the gift tags and still have around 25 of those for this Christmas.
ScoopsAhoy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
snowbelle
Imagineer

Definitely for us and we live an hour away.
Since meat prices have gone up in the last few months we find it cheaper to bulk buy
I have a vacuum sealer which I split down meat and freeze.
We buy
* beef mince - I make burgers, chilli ,cottage pies, lasagne.
* lamb mince - burgers, shepherds pie and wraps
* milk to freeze ( we have two freezers )
* peanut butter
* vitamins
* head and shoulders shampoo for DH
* toilet rolls
* kitchen roll
* bits and pieces for DH business
*big rolls of foil
* big rolls of cling film
* laundry liquid
* dishwasher tabs ( Costco own make ones are brilliant, no taint and dissolve easily)

We have just bought a fab American style fridge freezer which we couldn’t get anywhere else ( the style not the type)

Costco is worth it if you are savvy with shopping , like to stock up, batch cook and know your prices, take your phone for reference and if you have a partner with a good mathematical brain like my DH you will be laughing 😂
It is just a shame that they don’t have the Levi’s at the price DH got them for in Texas Costco £12 each on sale with extra discount.
The girl on the till asked us why we had come all the way from England to go to Costco

Edited at 07:16 PM.
snowbelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 09:07 PM  
Link to this Post
figment05
Very Serious Dibber

Its worth a try at least, they offer a money back deal on your membership anyway. As for generall shopping ,anything you buy whihc is not right for you just return it and you get a full refund.
Prices of things can vary so do check out costs before you go. But on the whole food works out good value. Maybe if you have friends split some of the bigger packs if you need.
Fresh meat and fish is great quality.
Electricals are very competively priced.
But we do believe there is a correlation between time and the amount your spend as we seem to spend a lot more than we expect.
The clothes and footware are worth looking at especially for some big brands. But also the costco own brands you can get good quality jeans for around £10.
Don't forget you can use the US outlets as well and as mentioned by someone else the pizza is worth the membership.
If you drive a lot the saving on fuel could pay for your membership.
figment05 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
Good decision! We live 10 mins from our Costco
Their rotisserie chickens are so good and Costco is great for summer bbqs etc.. as you can buy lots of meat for a really decent price.
Their avocados are really nice too and taste much nicer than the ones we used to get in tesco.
And of course the petrol savings!
Do they still do that thing on a Saturday/Sunday late afternoon/evening when they reduce the price of the rotisserie chicken and there's always a crowd trying to pretend they're not going to descend like a flock of seagulls as soon as the chicken is put out?

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 22, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
ScoopsAhoy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hipthehippo View Post
Do they still do that thing on a Saturday/Sunday late afternoon/evening when they reduce the price of the rotisserie chicken and there's always a crowd trying to pretend they're not going to descend like a flock of seagulls as soon as the chicken is put out?
Oh I don’t know as we always go in the morning.
I might have to try this … MINE MINE MINE ! 🤣
Old 4 Mar 22, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

We have the Executive membership and use it a lot. We don't live far away so I use it for petrol too. We buy:
loo rolls
laundry liquid
softener
mince pies (yum!)
Christmas wrapping paper
Christmas ribbon
beer (when its on offer)
Franks Hot sauce
Coffeemate
part baked rolls
wraps
bagels
Quaker Oaks
Crisps
Fresh salmon
Burgers

We quite often get the trays of duck and pancakes from the deli too as its great value and delicious.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 22, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Gryff
Imagineer

We use Costco I buy fish in bulk ,tail on prawns for coconut shrimp ,we divide up things like chicken pork chops between 4 households ,loo rolls Christmas paper ribbon etc
We go about once a month DH uses it for diesel we tend to go when his truck is almost empty
DIL has a cake /afternoon tea business and we get all her baking supplies
Gryff is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Mar 22, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post
sparklegirl
VIP Dibber

we go about once a month to the one about 20 mins away. Throughout the year we buy their
coffee beans,
bin bags,
tin foil
salsa
breakfast egg bites
milk
cheese
lurpak
bread
strawberries
raspberries
rotisserie chicken
wraps
butter chicken curry
chicken enchiladas
pulled beef burritos
dishwasher tablets
washing powder
diesel

Oh man the list just goes on. There is only two of us and their fresh foods are fantastic. The butter chicken curry is as good as any I have had from a takeout.

We love our membership and we use it when we go to USA as well.
sparklegirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List