Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Jun 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Donz1979 View Post
So why dont they just keep a 'steady' price all year round?
I feel like ripping off and tbh probably still be cheaper just taking the fine, putting more money in govs pockets!
Because the times of peak demand and price, subsidises quieter, leaner times when in probability the company will be running at a loss.

I live in Falmouth. I can assure you that the Hotels, Air BNB s and the like make very little between Sept- December, Jan - March. They price in order that at the end of every 12 month period, they have hopefully made a profit. They will also be trying to retain staff also during the quiet months, paying them with money from the Holiday periods.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196

Edited at 03:59 PM.
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 02:51 PM  
Link to this Post
cornishfrogboy
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ScoopsAhoy View Post
The poster wasn’t talking about flights from what I can see.
I do think £800 increase for a glorified holiday camp is a huge rip off.
I covered holiday resorts, although concentrating more on airlines simply because it is easier to cover supply and demand.

Like you, I would never consider paying £800 to stay at centre parks, Longleat. Clearly others (including some friends), will.
I have no doubt that it in the event that they charged the same price year round, then they would be out of business rather quickly. Again, it is a year round operation.

2005 onwards.. lots of times!

Index of all my Trip and Pretrip reports..https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...6#post15662196
cornishfrogboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 02:57 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We holiday at Center Parcs... going next month. Their CEO has been very vocal. They do not increase school holiday charges... they adjust term time ones in order to maintain 97%+ occupancy year round at their UK
parks... bit messed up the past couple of financial years, but they reckon it may be met for this one if there are no more restrictions.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Dinglebert
Imagineer

Dinglebert's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Originally Posted by WhereIBelong View Post
We holiday at Center Parcs... going next month. Their CEO has been very vocal. They do not increase school holiday charges... they adjust term time ones in order to maintain 97%+ occupancy year round at their UK
parks... bit messed up the past couple of financial years, but they reckon it may be met for this one if there are no more restrictions.
OK what they are saying is that the school holiday price is the proper price but during non-school holidays the price gets reduced.

Seems like window dressing to me. Adds up to the same thing.
Dinglebert is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

Well the fines still won't touch the amount saved will it?
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

It’s more the sickness that worries me as that can’t be helped. But mine have never been poorly for more than a week at school and that’s usually when they had tonsillitis. Sickness etc is usually a few days. So I wouldn’t imagine we would ever get the the 15 day sick mark but that’s a worry. I mean sometimes mine are also late. They don’t even go to school in the same county!

But I do currently have two holidays booked for November and May so I’ll get fined for them which I expected anyway. It’s the sickness one that’s made me ponder
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:23 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post
It’s more the sickness that worries me as that can’t be helped. But mine have never been poorly for more than a week at school and that’s usually when they had tonsillitis. Sickness etc is usually a few days. So I wouldn’t imagine we would ever get the the 15 day sick mark but that’s a worry. I mean sometimes mine are also late. They don’t even go to school in the same county!

But I do currently have two holidays booked for November and May so I’ll get fined for them which I expected anyway. It’s the sickness one that’s made me ponder
They are not fining for sickness, they are investigating excessive, well, over 15 days... 3 weeks... sickness in order to provide support. What is the issue with that?
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:25 PM  
Link to this Post
lizzie145
Imagineer

Bearing in mind how much uproar there was about children missing school and exams because of covid etc it has amazed me how many children have continued to miss school to go on holiday over the past few months.

Yes travel is educational but i bet very few produce anything following their holiday to support that reasoning.

There needs to be consistency across the country for this
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Wish on a star
Excited about Disney

Typical,😂 my son is 10 this is the first year we will we have ever taken him out of school - 3 days tagged onto beginning of October half term!

Is the fine per parent like the £80 (I think) fines were?
Wish on a star is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 22, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
lovemickey
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vampiress88 View Post

They aren’t going to be fining you for childhood illnesses, they’ll investigate long term sickness.
lovemickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List