Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 23 May 19, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile Strategy for Disneyland Paris in August?

Hi all 👍

I’ve done a bit of a search and couldn’t find anything, so I thought I’d ask!

Has anyone got any hints/tips of the best way to tackle Disneyland Paris during the busy summer holidays please?

We have 2.5 days & will make use of the extra magic hours on the two days we can - and I was thinking we’d do one at each park.

For Disney’s studios, I see that Crush’s coaster doesn’t have fastpass, so is it best to head straight there? We also want to do Ratatouille - would it work to go straight there after Crush, or is it better to ride something else during EMH and then head there at general park opening to get a fastpass?

As for Disneyland Park - would you head for Thunder Mountain first? (I remember from our last trip - which was now several years ago! - that there was always a long queue for BTMRR - is that still the case)? Or are we better trying to get the bulk of fantasyland done during EMH and then grab fast passes for BTMRR?

Just wondered what strategies you DLP experts have used, and which have worked out best at busy times?

Many thanks for your advice. 👍
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Belle1989
Serious Dibber

We went in August and it was super busy. For Disney Studio's we headed straight from Crush's coaster during EMH, the queue looked huge but we got on within 20 minutes. We then headed straight for the Toy Story rides and got a fast pass for Ratatouille at park opening. I found that the availability for FPs for Ratatouille, Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller were quite good until 10.30 (obviously the longer you leave it the later your return time). The park is relatively small so sending 1 person off to get the FP tickets worked well.
WDW 'Once in a Lifetime trip' - July 2017 -- OKW DLP - July 2018 -- Hotel Cheyenne WDW POR Royal Guest Room -- May 2019 WDW POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2022 WDW Contemporay Resort & POFQ -- Christmas & New Year 2023
Belle1989 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

August in Paris is a furnace. Traditionally everyone takes the whole month off and most of them end up at DLP!

Get water from the shop in the station (as your room probably won’t have a fridge). There are water fountains round the park too.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 05:17 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Belle1989 View Post
We went in August and it was super busy. For Disney Studio's we headed straight from Crush's coaster during EMH, the queue looked huge but we got on within 20 minutes. We then headed straight for the Toy Story rides and got a fast pass for Ratatouille at park opening. I found that the availability for FPs for Ratatouille, Tower of Terror and Rock n Roller were quite good until 10.30 (obviously the longer you leave it the later your return time). The park is relatively small so sending 1 person off to get the FP tickets worked well.
That’s really helpful - thank you ever so much x
amy56 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 May 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
August in Paris is a furnace. Traditionally everyone takes the whole month off and most of them end up at DLP!

Get water from the shop in the station (as your room probably won’t have a fridge). There are water fountains round the park too.
We have been once before in August (usually went around Christmas before that) & loved the heat - reminded me more of Florida then, but without the long journey! 🙂

Just can’t remember the ride/fast pass situation - but then that would probably of been because my boys were much younger and we only did certain things I expect 👍
Old 24 May 19, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

How old are the people in your party? Anyone over the age of 8 can do the single rider queue for Ratatouille, we always do this and even at peak times we've never queued longer than 15 minutes.

We loved our August visit and even though it was busy we didn't find it unbearable. We really made the most of the late openings and got so much done in those last few hours.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
How old are the people in your party? Anyone over the age of 8 can do the single rider queue for Ratatouille, we always do this and even at peak times we've never queued longer than 15 minutes.

We loved our August visit and even though it was busy we didn't find it unbearable. We really made the most of the late openings and got so much done in those last few hours.
My boys are 12 & 15, so definitely able to do that - we might ride it once as a family and then ride single rider if we think it’s worth doing more than once - thank you for that. 👍

Now that they are older, and as we only have a couple of days, I’m hoping we will do full on days and really make the most of the late nights and extra magic hours! 👍
Old 24 May 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by amy56 View Post
My boys are 12 & 15, so definitely able to do that - we might ride it once as a family and then ride single rider if we think it’s worth doing more than once - thank you for that. 👍

Now that they are older, and as we only have a couple of days, I’m hoping we will do full on days and really make the most of the late nights and extra magic hours! 👍
We did August with my Daughter when she was 10 and we did a couple of days of EMT to Close.. 8 until 11! We did have a late lunch in the village each day which was a really nice way to unwind and recharge our batteries.
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
If you don’t mind do Ratatouille as a single rider I did this as partner did not want to ride .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 May 19, 02:07 PM  
Link to this Post
amy56
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by HappyPanda View Post
We did August with my Daughter when she was 10 and we did a couple of days of EMT to Close.. 8 until 11! We did have a late lunch in the village each day which was a really nice way to unwind and recharge our batteries.
That sounds a good plan - my boys love Five Guys, so I expect they will happily have time out there to re-charge the batteries! 👍