Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Old 9 May 19, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile Worth a visit?

It’s been a while since we’ve visited any outlets (2012) so we were thinking about heading over to the International Premium Outlet one evening during our stay at Universal.

Are they still worth visiting, can you get any real deals any more?

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 19, 06:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

I haven't bought anything from the outlets for years, but my kids love the nike and adidas outlets for boots and trainers, socks etc.. my husband always does well in Levis and Timberland and my daughter loves Victoria secrets, I think a lot of it is tat made for the outlets but certainly worth a gander if you have time, parking can be quite tricky ..:-)
Old 9 May 19, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post
scooby99
Imagineer

95% is made solely for the outlets of lower quality materials, stitching, checking etc & has never been on sale in a regular store.

As long as you’re aware & don’t compare prices to the genuine items in the regular malls which may be of a similar look but which are manufactured to a higher quality, you’re fine.

There are some bargains there but We’ve found during the last few years that UK outlet prices are usually lower than US outlet prices, even more so with the current exchange rate.

We find better bargains now on sales racks in regular mall stores.
scooby99 is online now Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 09:14 AM  
Link to this Post
MaryMendes
Excited about Disney

I like going to the outlets but as the others said in some stores it is inferior stuff you wouldn’t see in the normal version of the shop.

Most recently we have got decent stuff in Nike & Adidas & the stores that are the same as the regular version like Aeropostale & Forever 21. I can usually find something in Calvin Klein too.

Deals are there but you have to hunt for them more & factor in the poor exchange rate.
MaryMendes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 09:30 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by scooby99 View Post
We find better bargains now on sales racks in regular mall stores.
I always buy new shirts in Florida (winter or summer depending on when we're there) and invariably get better deals in the likes of Macy's and J C Penney in the malls. They have seriously reduced racks all year. If you get an International Visitor's Card from Macy's you'll get another 10 or 11% off as well.

I've also asked at the till if they can do a bit more as well.

Mick
Old 10 May 19, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
Not everything in the outlets is inferior quality and stuff you cannot get outside.

I got a pair of Air Jordan fly 89's for $20 in the nike store on thanksgiving evening/black friday, theyre not inferior quality theyre the same as whats sold elsewhere in footlocker etc etc. I bought them Nov 2017, theyre retailing at £60 now.

Bargains are a lot harder to come by thats for sure. But i always seem to do very well when there, but im happy to look about a lot. Ive been picking up nike kicks now for nearly 15 years. I can get pairs of trainers for $30, which elsewhere are easily double the price.

The malls are fantastic also, ive had Tommy polo's from Macys for $18, wife got a calvin Klein coat reduced from a fortune to $70, i find the choice often more limited at the department stores but the bargains can be better on the sale rails.

Edited at 10:50 AM.
Powlay is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 19, 01:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I third checking Macy's clearance racks if you have the time and energy to sort through them. At my local Macy's they are often chaos. Never full of people but disorganized merchandize.

Also Macy's will often have % off coupons for regular priced merchandise. If you don't have one ask at the till. My lovely and well used London Fog camel hair winter coat was less than $60. on sale and with an extra off coupon.

Never pay full price at Macy's. Levis are often on sale and less than the outlets with a wide variety of stlyes and sizes. And if something's not on sale, ask if it is scheduled to be oput of sale.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
HappyThoughts
Imagineer

Mobile

Sorry for the late reply everyone & thanks for the replies - been decorating & completely forgot I posted this, to the point I was actually coming on here to post it only to realise I’ve already done it 🙈 😂

I think we’ll see how we feel on the day maybe. We don’t drive so would have to be taxis & DS only wants to go for the converse & Adidas & DD wants to visit the Ugg & Disney shop but other than that they don’t care about anything else so I’m not sure it’s really worth it if the quality isn’t as great.

DLP: 2019, Feb: Santa Fe
HappyThoughts is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
swiper
VIP Dibber

It’s a great afternoon out. You can get an Uber, wander round you never know what you might find ... if you don’t go you will never know!
swiper is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
yetihunter
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are here now and have been to both outlets (Idrive and Vineland). Much prefer Vineland as Idrive was the most horrendous experience of rude people, terrible customer service and just crazy busy. Granted it was after 6pm on a Friday night but to be welcomed into Nautica by a staff member leaning on a folding trolley with her chin in her hand was quite something! Did pick up a pair of Adidas trainers for $25 so there are bargains to be had but, for us personally, Vineland is a nicer experience.
Hamlet Reserve May 18, Split Stay May 17(PORS),Sunridge Woods May 16,West Haven Jan 16,Sunridge Woods Jan 15,West Haven Jan 14. POFQ Jan 13. Hilton LBV Sep 11. SSR Sep 2010. Hilton GVC,Seaworld Sep 09. Sequoia Lodge, DLP Dec 08. Royal Plaza, Downtown Disney Jul 08. Disneyland, CA Jun 08, Int Drive 07, Int Drive 06, DLP 05, West Coast Honeymoon Jul 04, Int Drive Jan 04[/COLOR][/SIZE]
yetihunter is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List