Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 16 May 19, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Beaker7929
Imagineer

Beaker7929's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 101
When I was there back in January they had started opening the cans of drink before handing it over to you, so that you couldn't take it away with you into the park, although you could of course still take it up to your room. Bottles of water were still available then, fingers crossed they still are for when DD and I go in July

Twitter - @rpaisley79 / Instagram - rachelpaisley79

Upcoming Hols *July '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*August 2020 WDW Coronado Springs*

Previous Hols *Jan '19 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '18 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Oct '17 Cheyenne*Jan '17 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*Jan '16 Sequoia Lodge Golden Forest*March '15 - Cheyenne*Nov '13 - Cheyenne*Feb '12 - Newport Bay*April '08 - Santa Fe*March '05 - Santa Fe*

Click here for my Disneyland Paris Trip Reports
Beaker7929 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 May 19, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
I’m here now if you’ve got any questions x
Hope you’re having a great time 😄.

I do have a couple of questions, if you don’t mind:

Can you still take bottles of water away with you?

Also, have you taken advantage of the early entry to the parks? If so, did you go for breakfast first or come back to eat it? We love a good buffet breakfast. I’m just not sure how I’ll feel riding Crush or Rock n Roller Coaster straight after

Thanks. 😄
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 06:32 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Animagus View Post
Hope you’re having a great time 😄.

I do have a couple of questions, if you don’t mind:

Can you still take bottles of water away with you?

Also, have you taken advantage of the early entry to the parks? If so, did you go for breakfast first or come back to eat it? We love a good buffet breakfast. I’m just not sure how I’ll feel riding Crush or Rock n Roller Coaster straight after

Thanks. 😄
Yes to the water, but only between 4-6om. After that they bring them to you when you ask but open them.

Not done early entry once, prefer breakfast then head to parks.
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
We do both. Set a Mickey alarm call on the room phone for 6am, get to breakfast 7am and be at the park for the beginning of EMT. Nothing beats dancing down an empty Main Street! I can sleep when I get home...
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by Gill H View Post
We do both. Set a Mickey alarm call on the room phone for 6am, get to breakfast 7am and be at the park for the beginning of EMT. Nothing beats dancing down an empty Main Street! I can sleep when I get home...
This used to be us. However with a 2 year old and a 4 month old our parks days are very different as we’ve found out 😂
arielrocks is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 19, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Originally Posted by arielrocks View Post
This used to be us. However with a 2 year old and a 4 month old our parks days are very different as we’ve found out 😂
LOL. Well, apparently I never slept more than 1 hour a night as a child so I would probably have been OK...!
DLP: day trips 2000, 2003; Cheyenne Sep 2009, Feb 2011, Nov 2018; Sequoia Lodge June 2008, May 2012; Elysee May 2012, Jan 2013, Sep 2013; Disneyland Hotel Mar 2015, Santa Fe Nov 2016; Newport Bay Sep 2017, Ibis Sep 2019, Hotel NY Art of Marvel Nov 2021
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 02:06 PM  
Link to this Post
xxHxx
Looking for my Ears

Just returned from Newport Bay compass club and it is run very differently to how it was when we went back in January 2016.
No small bottles of water at all, when I asked for one for my toddler I was told no, then reluctantly the lady gave my husband some after I had walked away.

I only ever saw large glass bottles of water out on the side at breakfast.

The cold drinks (cans of coke, Fanta, still apple and orange juice etc) were locked in the fridge until after breakfast had finished.

The afternoon tea was very minimal this time. Mostly sweet items. In January 2016 when we went there were snacks out all day, crisp, cakes, packets of little biscuits etc.

Not sure how compass club compares to SLGF but I was very disappointed this time round compared to 2016.
xxHxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 19, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
arielrocks
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by xxHxx View Post
Just returned from Newport Bay compass club and it is run very differently to how it was when we went back in January 2016.
No small bottles of water at all, when I asked for one for my toddler I was told no, then reluctantly the lady gave my husband some after I had walked away.

I only ever saw large glass bottles of water out on the side at breakfast.

The cold drinks (cans of coke, Fanta, still apple and orange juice etc) were locked in the fridge until after breakfast had finished.

The afternoon tea was very minimal this time. Mostly sweet items. In January 2016 when we went there were snacks out all day, crisp, cakes, packets of little biscuits etc.

Not sure how compass club compares to SLGF but I was very disappointed this time round compared to 2016.
At least they have cans still! For me the GF upgrade is worth it as we love the breakfast, having a room in the main building etc. However the afternoon tea is a waste of time almost.
Old 29 May 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Scottishlass77
Getting to know the DIBB

Mobile

Aerialrocks I was coming on today to post the very same thing as we have just returned from a 6 day stay at Sequoia Lodge Golden Forrest and we were very disappointed with this change as to be honest it was one of the main reasons we always upgraded to Golden Forest.

Although we had a great stay and can’t fault the hotel it really made us realise that upgrading to Golden Forrest really isn’t worth if for us anymore. On previous visits we would grab a few cans on our way to the parks then again going back to the room but on this trip we had to buy small bottles at the carts in the park for €3.50 each so as a family of 3 buying 2-3 bottles each per day we were easily spending €30 extra a day so I dread to think how much we spent over our 6 day stay. I really wish now we had just booked a standard room and used the extra cash to buy snack & drinks at the parks ☹️.

Just to clarify the changes...

Breakfast 7-10.30am - Was the same, hot American breakfast in the Golden Forrest Lounge. You can help yourself to fruit juice (Apple & Orange) and a wide selection of hot drinks. No small bottles of water or soft drinks are available at breakfast.

Golden Forrest Lounge 12-10pm - Hot drinks, soft drinks & bottles of water can all be served to your table, soft drinks will be poured from a 1.5ltr bottle into a small glass. If you ask to take any drinks away they will do this for you no problem but they will be dispensed into a small paper cup with a lid (imagine the smallest costa cup).

Afternoon Tea 4-6pm - Hot drinks, bottled water, soft drinks & fruit juice poured into small glasses. Savoury snacks are a selection of small ham, salmon & cheese mini seeded rolls which are definitely not to my families taste as they are all spread with some sort of strong sandwich spread (I wish they would just put out all the ingredients and let you create your own it would be so much better), there is a wide selection of sweet cakes & pastries E.g. brownies, madelines, muffins, pear/plum tarte tatin and some sweets for the kids like haribo & marshmallows. The only highlight my son did enjoy was warm crepes with maple syrup/nutella which he enjoyed but not enough to make me want to return to the hotel for if I was at the park.

The Breakfast in the Golden Forrest Lounge is lovely but not worth paying hundreds of pounds for. I would really be interested to hear from anyone returning from Newport Bay Compass Club to find out the changes they have made and if it would be worth giving it a try, if not it will be a standard room for us next time x
Nov 2014: DLRP - 5 days @ Sequoia Lodge Golden Forrest.
Nov 2017: DLRP - 5 days @ ? SL or HNY (still indecided)
Scottishlass77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 May 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Just go to the train station lot cheaper there
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List