Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Planning Disneyland Paris Holiday Planning Questions and Tips.

Old 18 May 19, 10:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Complaining to DLP

Does anyone have any recent experience of complaining to DLP? Have you just received a generic response saying thank you for your feedback? Where is the best place to complain? We had a terrible experience at Breakfast at Plaza Gardens - complained at the time which fell on deaf ears!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 07:02 AM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 12
Guidebook Photos: 8
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickey's Magic View Post
Does anyone have any recent experience of complaining to DLP? Have you just received a generic response saying thank you for your feedback? Where is the best place to complain? We had a terrible experience at Breakfast at Plaza Gardens - complained at the time which fell on deaf ears!
Ah bummer Best place to go is City Hall, which is located on the left hand side just as you go in to Disneyland. Or, if you're at Disney Studios there is Studio Services which is located just on the right hand side after you have gone through the turnstiles.

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Animagus
Imagineer

Sorry to hear you’ve had a experience bad enough to warrant a complaint.
I’ve heard that for WDW issues, they really respond to social media complaints, especially Twitter. I wonder whether the same is true of DLP? Might be worth a try. Contact them via @DisneyParis_EN or, for questions and comments it says contact @DLPHelp.
Let us know how you got on.
Animagus is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Alternatively there's:

dlp.guest.communication@disneylandparis.com

Before hitting that "Submit Post" button, re-read what you've typed and consider:
Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
blusteryday is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 May 19, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Mobile

Don’t expect a swift reply though, emails take a very long time to get answered and you may just get brushed off initially.

You will need to be very clear about what happened, what you did to try and get it sorted at the time and why their response was not acceptable. Also be clear about what you want them to do - just apologise, or promise to revise their procedures, or refund the cost?
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 12:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Peter H
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Yes be specific. If it happens next time you go you really do need to go city hall. Leaving it till you have left will be frustratingly slow and you may not get it sorted.

DLP: day trips 2000, 03; Cheyenne Sep 09, Feb 11; Sequoia Lodge June 08, May 12; Elysee May 12, Jan 13, Sep 13; Disneyland Hotel Mar 15, Santa Fe Nov 16, Newport Bay Sep 17
WDW: Port Orleans Riverside Dec 10; SSR Nov 14 Other: DCL Disney Magic Sep 17

Trippies and videos from:
Orlando
DLP Cruise and other
Peter H is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Hi All, Thanks for your advice so far! We did go to City Hall but didn't really get anywhere whilst there to be honest which I found quite surprising as the CM's there are usually really helpful. Without going into the in's and out's of the complaint we didn't get seated for half an hour at Plaza Gardens (despite pre-booking) and missed out on half the characters and only got the left overs on the "all you can eat" buffet. We turned up on time for the sitting but pre-booked guests didn't get any priority over the non pre-booked guests which was a little strange! Wasn't impressed with the organisation at all!

DLP: 1997 (Cheyenne), 2013 (Offsite; Dream Castle), 2017 (Newport Bay), 2019 (Sequoia Lodge)
Mickey's Magic is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 May 19, 01:59 PM  
Link to this Post
blusteryday
Imagineer

blusteryday's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Mobile

Originally Posted by Mickey's Magic View Post
Hi All, Thanks for your advice so far! We did go to City Hall but didn't really get anywhere whilst there to be honest which I found quite surprising as the CM's there are usually really helpful. Without going into the in's and out's of the complaint we didn't get seated for half an hour at Plaza Gardens (despite pre-booking) and missed out on half the characters and only got the left overs on the "all you can eat" buffet. We turned up on time for the sitting but pre-booked guests didn't get any priority over the non pre-booked guests which was a little strange! Wasn't impressed with the organisation at all!
I wouldn't let it go away if I was you. These meals aren't cheap, and if I didn't get the value I expect, I would be making a very clear and specific request for compensation. Not necessarily the done, or British, thing but if I don't complain they don't have an opportunity to help put things right. Good luck and let us know how you get on.

Is it true?
Is it kind?
Is it helpful?
Is it necessary?
Old 22 May 19, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
aj2703
slightly serious Dibber

I would normally make a complaint at the concierge desk at the hotel you stay in. It's normally much less crowded and they tend to listen better.
aj2703 is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 19, 08:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Mickey's Magic
Excited about Disney

Mickey's Magic's Reviews
Originally Posted by aj2703 View Post
I would normally make a complaint at the concierge desk at the hotel you stay in. It's normally much less crowded and they tend to listen better.
I wish I'd of done that to be honest instead of going to City Hall!

We booked through WDTC for this trip so I've put the complaint through them so we'll see!