Notices

Old 14 Apr 16, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh my goodness, I have never heard of Scoot City tours but that looks amazing! We are hoping to get back to Vegas next year so definitely going to remember this for then!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 09:49 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Fabulous plans, we love Vegas & have been a couple of times.

Grand Canyon, Red Rock & Scoot City were all real highlights!

I also recommend heading up the top of the Stratosphere for the rides, the views are incredible & its a real adrenaline rush.

Love that you're staying at Caesars, it's just so iconic!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Restaurants -

We are both massive foodies, at the moment we are being super healthy, clean eating, no alcohol (except this weekend) and we are both living in the gym, so we can indulge in american food and cocktails without feeling guilty when we go. Below is a list of some of the food and drink we want to try!

Serendipity 3

This place looks amazing, I reeeallly want to try the Frozen Hot Chocolate and how amazing does the french toast look? I've heard it gets busy in here, so we have a reservation for lunch on Thursday 02/06.

Cheesecake Factory

You can't stay in Caesars Palace and not go to the cheesecake factory.

Adam's Peanut Butter Cup Fudge Ripple Cheesecake and Reese's® Peanut Butter Chocolate Cake Cheesecake.

Mon Ami Gabi

I've heard really good things about this place, so we want to go here.

The Chandelier Bar

I wanted to go here anyway, but after reading abiknox trip report, I have decided that I have to try the Campfire Cocktail, it looks so good!

There are also a few other places we will stop in at some point including Hash House a go go, Shake Shack, Johnny Rockets, Panda Express, Earl of Sandwich and Ghirardelli, again if anyone has any restaurant recommendations please say, we both LOVE a good steak (reasonably priced).

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 10:33 AM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:17 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
On our trip last year they had stopped the campfire cocktail! Still worth a visit to the Cosmo bars as they are stunning but we had our hopes up for this & were really disappointed. Thankfully the barman improvised & made us a chocolate Martini with marshmallow on top but ti wasn't as good.

House of Blues is good, especially if you can get the voucher from Restaurant.com. It's really good value then!

That French toast looks incredible!
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh my goodness, I have never heard of Scoot City tours but that looks amazing! We are hoping to get back to Vegas next year so definitely going to remember this for then!
I had never heard of it either! I am sad that I didn't get to do it last time, but I am so glad I have found out about it, it looks so much fun! Vegas is great isn't it, you should definitely go back!
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Fabulous plans, we love Vegas & have been a couple of times.

Grand Canyon, Red Rock & Scoot City were all real highlights!

I also recommend heading up the top of the Stratosphere for the rides, the views are incredible & its a real adrenaline rush.

Love that you're staying at Caesars, it's just so iconic!
It was actually your trip report and another one, that I was referring too! So many good ideas from them, I had never even heard of Scoot City before, so glad I know now!

For sure, that is one of things we wanted to do! I'm not sure if I can get Amy on the rides, I will try my best though, if not I will go it alone!

Caesars is beautiful, love the hotel, it was a bit confusing to work my way around at first, but I take after my dad and soon had my sense of direction

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

On our trip last year they had stopped the campfire cocktail! Still worth a visit to the Cosmo bars as they are stunning but we had our hopes up for this & were really disappointed. Thankfully the barman improvised & made us a chocolate Martini with marshmallow on top but ti wasn't as good.

House of Blues is good, especially if you can get the voucher from Restaurant.com. It's really good value then!

That French toast looks incredible!
Whattt? I'm so so sad, I do however love an espresso martini and chocolate martini, so I will ask them to improvise!

I will have a look for a voucher, I see you that you enjoyed House of Blues, am I right in thinking HoB is at Mandalay Bay?

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Originally Posted by Minnie4Mickey View Post
Whattt? I'm so so sad, I do however love an espresso martini and chocolate martini, so I will ask them to improvise!

I will have a look for a voucher, I see you that you enjoyed House of Blues, am I right in thinking HoB is at Mandalay Bay?
Yea it is, if you walk through from the Luxor its the first thing you will come to in Mandalay.

We made the most of free Chocolate Martinis for playing the slots!
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Yea it is, if you walk through from the Luxor its the first thing you will come to in Mandalay.

We made the most of free Chocolate Martinis for playing the slots!
Pefect, I will add that to my list of places to visit

Good tip, I need to improve my skills on the slots though

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 14 Apr 16, 10:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Brock
Excited about Disney

Wicked Spoon is such a great food place

The hop on and Hoff bus tour is good fun

Also some of the small shops by the big wheel I forget the name of where the shops are but very easy to find
Brock is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 16, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Things we want to do -

Downtown Vegas/ Fremont Street

I watched the Chevy Chase Vegas Vacation as a kid and this was exactly how I pictured Vegas to be, Downtown Vegas and Fremont Street definitely lives up to that expectation.

Slotzilla

The zipline that goes down Fremont street, I haven't been able to select my dates to go on this yet, I think it might be because we are still too far out, but I keep checking.

Stratosphere

We plan to go to the Stratosphere, I plan to go on the rides, Amy not so much, I'm hoping after some gentle nudging from me and a few drinks for dutch courage that she might change her mind.

Vegas Sign

I already have pictures here, but we will go back for Amy to get some, I like the day time and evening setting though, so maybe two trips?

VooDoo Lounge

The VooDoo Lounge at the top of the Rio, I have some amazing pictures here and I really want to go back, it was so so cold when we were up there in December, so I'm hoping it will be more pleasant when we go back.

New York New York

We also want to go on the roller coaster at NYNY.

Orlando 16 - Food Report

Edited at 02:37 PM.