Notices
Additional Support Needs & DAS Help & advice

Old 22 Feb 17, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Disney Paris with a wheelchair user ?

Hi , I was thinking of a couple of days away late November with my friend who is in a wheelchair to DLP. We would fly out and back but have no idea what the best Disney Hotel would be for her, or no clue about how accessible anything would be ! I'm hoping someone reading this who has done this can help. Thank you.
Old 25 Feb 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
fintywalker
Imagineer

fintywalker's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
can she transfer? I use a wheelchair or scooter due to chronic osteoarthritis, I can transfer to most rides with the help of my husband, Disney is pretty accommodating and some rides [its a small world eg] have boats that a wheelchair will slot into.
Old 25 Feb 17, 04:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
We had a family holiday in 2009 with my mum who is completely wheelchair bound and is unable to transfer. We chose Sequoia Lodge as it was around the lake and easily walkable and they gave my parents an accessible room which was fine for what they needed.

There were lots of attractions my mum was able to do, but obviously not all of them, but the studios is well geared up for wheelchairs and we could queue in the standard line, whereas in the Disneyland parc we needed to use the access card. We had to take her blue badge in order to get this.
There is a link in my sig to the Trippie which may help - Topps Gear Challenge.

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

Thank you both, she can transfer very carefully I suppose, one leg is numb due to a cut nerve during surgery but I could help her. She wouldn't be able to ride PotC though as it's a good step into the boat, unless they have a wheelchair accessible boat. It's good to know small world is accessible.
I will read your trippie thanks Melanie. I'm pretty sure she has a blue badge. I haven't mentioned this possible trip to her as I wanted to see if it was doable. We both love Disney and are both 50 this year so it would be great to go.

Edited at 12:38 AM.
Infinity Red is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 01:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Melanie R
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Pirates is not accessible, small world definitely is, as is Buzz Lightyear & Flying Carpets - all can be ridden without transferring. If she can transfer, Phantom Manor, Big Thunder, Peter Pan, Snow White, Pinocchio, Casey Jnr, Star Tours should all be doable, along with all the shows. Should be plenty to keep you occupied

Duchess Adventures! - Trip report index
Melanie R is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 17, 11:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Infinity Red
Imagineer

That's great thank you.
Old 1 Mar 17, 01:01 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
From what I can remember of our last DLP trip...DS couldn't ride Peter Pan even though he could transfer easily. He wasn't very happy.