Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 24 Jan 17, 11:09 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyLass
Earning More Ears

Landry's Card issue!

Evening all :-)
I applied for a Landrys card last week & all seemed well - allowed me to input details & took me through to payment however when I closed the payment screen down the system kicked me back saying my telephone number was invalid!
So now I'm $25 out of pocket, can't log into the Landry's site as my email not recognised?
I sent a message via the website and also message them via Facebook with no response
Any suggestions as to what i should do?
I have no idea whether the card application worked or not...all I know is they have approx £21 of my money!
WWYD... call them at £1 per minute & hope to get sorted or just reapply & pay again?
Would my bank refund me the debit card payment?
Any ideas appreciated
DisneyLass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jan 17, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post
HEMANCLOFTY
Dibbing with Tink

HEMANCLOFTY's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I'm sorry to say I had a similar issue this time last year - no card arrived, unable to log back in as my email wasn't recognised, then when I used the online help option, they just said to make sure I was using the correct email address.

I ended up phoning their customer helpline (the number on the Website) - spoke to someone very unhelpful, who couldn't find any record of my name, home address or email address in their system.

Eventually, they told me to email my card details and said they would be passed to their Credit Control team to track and refund my payment.

Our holiday came and went (including a rather frustrating meal at Bubba Gumps that cost $50 more than it should have), still no refund, so I had to keep on at them for a number of weeks. 26 emails and a few months later the refund finally came through.

Sorry that this isn't a tale of great customer service sorting out an unfortunate glitch, but my advice would definitely be to ring rather than email, and when you get through keep on at them until they either refund your payment or issue a replacement card there and then.

I'm not even going to try reapplying for this year!
HEMANCLOFTY is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 01:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Leia Organa
Excited about Disney

Landry's.. Last year they took 2x $25 from my credit card. They didn't reply to any messages I left. When I left a comment on Facebook they did respond with assurances they would refund the additional $25 they had taken I still haven't got the money back. I think this is more than just an unfortunate glitch.
Leia Organa is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 02:11 PM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

I had exactly the same problem a few days ago! I emailed them and had a reply a few hours later. They asked me to call them, I explained I was in the UK. They then asked me to verify a few details, before sending me a link and my new card number to register my details.

As soon as I'd done that they've assured me that my card is in the post and the $25 overcharge should be refunded within 7-10 business days. Of course the 7-10 days aren't up so it's not a happy ending quite yet, but so far I've been satisfied with their customer service via email - is it worth trying to email them again?
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sheena330
Earning My Ears

This happened to me too - I had to email twice before I got a response but entitled the second one 'customer complaint', so maybe that helped? I had to provide some bank details by email to verify the payment and got the card within a couple of weeks. Hope you get it sorted out
sheena330 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Yes happened to us too, took two payments, eventually got a refund on one. Meal bubba gumps no balance on card 😳😳 really cheesed off to say the least! Arrived home couldn't complain as email not recognised so just let it go. However I'm still receiving emails from landrys on a weekly basis! Funny that as my email not recognised 😏
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List