Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Jan 17, 03:11 PM  
Link to this Post

Staying in Yacht club-Cape May or Crstyal Palace first day

Hi
We are staying in the yacht club with 3 dd's. youngest dd is minnie mad. I have crystal palace booked for first morning after reading recommendations here saying its a great way to start your holiday and get into mk early. However as we are staying in yacht club and likely to be up early first morning should i book breakfast in Cape May for say 7 and still be in MK for rope drop.
We also have tusker house booked for another day. We dont have enough adrs to do both. which would you pick and why.
Thanks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 03:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Rebelrebel
Imagineer

I'm sure I've seen Minnie at Cape May and if you eat there it isn't eating into your park time.
Rebelrebel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

The food is better at Cape May. I'd save it for a rest day though and eat a late breakfast. Lovely and convenient at your resort. Enough food for a great brunch. I'd just get to the park that first day and get in. Who wants food when the whole park is new and there to enjoy? !
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 08:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Bellasmummy
Imagineer

We stayed at beach club last year, had early breakfast at Crystal Palace on our first day and saved Cape May for later in the trip. We had a late breakfast there and it was lovely, don't think we'd have done it justice if it was really early.
Bellasmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KatyElla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

It is also really nice to have an early morning reservation to get into the park and be able to walk down Main Street whilst empty (or almost empty apart from others with a reservation at that time) and get the ultimate picture in front of the castle without loads of other mickeys guests in the background.
KatyElla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Wigan Lass
Imagineer

Also staying in the Yacht Club and will be saving Cape May for a later reservation, probably on the day we want to do MNSSHP. Cape May is a lovely breakfast..great food and fab characters...not one to rush (your other choice of Tusker House is fab too..must do for us each trip). I'm going to try and get an early BOG reservation for MK on our first day, although with the opening show rope drop ceremony now being in front of the castle the opportunities for those empty park photos before an early ADR seem to be all but gone
Yacht Club October 2017
Contemporary October 2019
Wigan Lass is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Spencerfamily
Excited about Disney

Mobile

We have stayed at YC for the past 2 years and love Cape May breakfast. We always save it for the last day and then spend the last morning in Epcot. Last trip we actually did Cape May first and last morning but we weren't heading to a park until the afternoon!
Spencerfamily is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 17, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
scoobydooby
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by KatyElla View Post
It is also really nice to have an early morning reservation to get into the park and be able to walk down Main Street whilst empty (or almost empty apart from others with a reservation at that time) and get the ultimate picture in front of the castle without loads of other mickeys guests in the background.
That is now not going to happen since the opening show moved to in front of the castle. Everyone will be let in early.
scoobydooby is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 01:55 AM  
Link to this Post
KatyElla
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

Originally Posted by scoobydooby View Post
That is now not going to happen since the opening show moved to in front of the castle. Everyone will be let in early.
Oh no...I didn't realise. That is such a shame. I will have to change my plans then. 😢 that is one of our favourite things.
KatyElla is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jan 17, 10:33 AM  
Link to this Post
mandco
VIP Dibber

we stayed at the BC and did an early breakfast at cape may on our 1st morning it was a lovely way to start the holiday and no rushing to get somewhere. I think the 1st slot of the day is 7.30 so a little later than some of the others.
It was one of our favourite meals the food was great though a little more limited than other buffets the chef was really good with ds allergy requirements and the character interaction was brilliant olus it doesn't seem to get as busy as the other ones.

Crystal palace is lot busier and its always taken a lot longer to see all the characters. If you can only do 1 unless you particually want to see the winnie the pooh characters I would chose cape may
mandco is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List