Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 28 Jan 17, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
rach&dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Free breakfast for value resorts- anyone use this?

Looking at a value instead of a moderate resort for next year. Seen a price we are happy with for a package and will pay oop for meals. We want qs meals but some character buffets but no actual table service so think that's the best option.

Not sure of we should hold out for possible free breakfast.. based on previous it just at the hotel u can use it?
Old 28 Jan 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
klr15
Imagineer

klr15's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 7
You get 1qs credit with the breakfast dining plan so you could use that for lunch or dinner instead if you wanted to at any quick service location.
klr15 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
BrightlyBob
Very Serious Dibber

Just to confirm rach&dan's reply. It is indeed a quick serve credit thats loaded onto your magicband and can be used at any time during your stay on any valid quick service meal in Disneyworld.

In fact the free breakfast offer it can be upgraded to full DDP which is what I did last year after the BREXIT vote made Disney food 20% pricier, but Disney kept its upgrade prices static. I paid £30pp per day extra which added the daily table service credit, 2 snacks and the Resort refillable mug. I reckon it'll work out at good value...

Edited at 04:05 PM.
BrightlyBob is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 09:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by BrightlyBob View Post
Just to confirm rach&dan's reply. It is indeed a quick serve credit thats loaded onto your magicband and can be used at any time during your stay on any valid quick service meal in Disneyworld.

In fact the free breakfast offer it can be upgraded to full DDP which is what I did last year after the BREXIT vote made Disney food 20% pricier, but Disney kept its upgrade prices static. I paid £30pp per day extra which added the daily table service credit, 2 snacks and the Resort refillable mug. I reckon it'll work out at good value...
we did too last year well worth it worked out about 400 more for two for two weeks
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
aay_esha
Apprentice Imagineer

We don't think we can afford a moderate next time and are looking at the values for 2018! Will wait and see if they put the free breakfast offer on & then will consider upgrading to QSDP depending on price
aay_esha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Jan 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
rach&dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks folks
Last time around the price difference between value with no dining or moderate with qsdp was about 400pp so we just went for moderate over value. But we did 3 character buffets, crt and rainforest cafe oop and left with 5 meal credits each as we just couldn't use them so thinking we might be better paying as we go
Dd was 2 last time so she just ate from an extra plate
I can't see her utilising a dining plan.

Mum is looking to join us too and she doesn't eat much either so both of a waste

Just not sure whether to hold off
If we book now I won't be checking back in April to see the potential damage that's for sure! :-)