Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jul 16, 09:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Virgin Atlantic veggie option

Hi, does anyone know if the GU puddings they serve are suitable for vegetarians please? Or will I end up with a bag of raisins!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 16, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

yes they are, but be warned, if you order a veggie meal in advance these often don't include the puddings and you are likely to get fruit infused raisins...
December 1980 I-drive August 1987 Fort Wilderness July 2001 Paris Davy Crockett December 2008 Kissimee and Bahama Bay May 2008 Paris Santa Fe June 2011 Paris Campanile February 2016 Port Orleans Disney, Universal Cabana Bay
Charlottesumx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 16, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Oh no really?! But if I don't order in advance is there a possibility they could run out of the veggie option?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 16, 11:14 PM  
Link to this Post
*cath*
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
We flew last month and i'm sure my hubby had a cheesecake which was vegetarian. We pre ordered a vege meal

2023 - Orlando/Gulf Coast
2024 - Menorca & Malta
2025 - Norwegian Fjords and Boston/NY
*cath* is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

It's probably worth speaking to Virgin, my daughter and I pre-ordered veggie meals - I think it was called Asian vegetarian - as, like you, we didn't want to risk being left without a meal, and it was mega-healthy, all wraps with pomegranate seeds and raisins for pudding, and we were somewhat jealous to see the rest of the family with lovely gu chocolate puds!

However, I would never leave it to chance, so felt I'd done the right thing all the same!

It was one thing I meant to give Virgin feedback on, but didn't get around to it.

In response to the post above, yes one of our puds in the pre-ordered meals was a cheesecake, rather nice one too, from the Cheesecake Factory, if I recall (we flew Feb and March) and this sure beat the raisins!
December 1980 I-drive August 1987 Fort Wilderness July 2001 Paris Davy Crockett December 2008 Kissimee and Bahama Bay May 2008 Paris Santa Fe June 2011 Paris Campanile February 2016 Port Orleans Disney, Universal Cabana Bay
Charlottesumx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 10:22 AM  
Link to this Post
bevc
VIP Dibber

Now this is an interesting topic for me. Last time we flew VA I pre-ordered a veggie meal. My mom didn't pre-order but asked for the veggie option on the flight itself and hers was much nicer than mine! I couldn't understand why it would be different! I am very tempted to remove my meal request altogether and take the risk that they will have something for me on the flight. This is our first time in the bubble. As there's less of us upstairs, will we get served quicker than the downstairs cabin and will there be more chance of getting a veggie meal that I haven't pre-ordered? I know there's no guarantees but would welcome fellow Dibbers thoughts.
bevc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 11:35 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by bevc View Post
Now this is an interesting topic for me. Last time we flew VA I pre-ordered a veggie meal. My mom didn't pre-order but asked for the veggie option on the flight itself and hers was much nicer than mine! I couldn't understand why it would be different! I am very tempted to remove my meal request altogether and take the risk that they will have something for me on the flight. This is our first time in the bubble. As there's less of us upstairs, will we get served quicker than the downstairs cabin and will there be more chance of getting a veggie meal that I haven't pre-ordered? I know there's no guarantees but would welcome fellow Dibbers thoughts.
Exactly how I felt, and I too am into this topic for that reason! I was actually annoyed when in-flight as reading through the menu the veggie option sounded lovely, and I was really looking forward to it, then I realised that I got something much less nice - I did that thing where you vow to complain/comment and then forgot/didn't bother. I agree - why do they have to be different? Us veggies are used to getting a not brilliant deal, so I'm usually very tolerant - but maybe the boredom of being on the plane meant it was torture looking forward to a meal that didn't come!
Old 22 Jul 16, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

oops sorry, bevc, was so busy ranting that I didn't respond to your q - I don't know if the bubble get served first or not - but it would be awful to risk this and then be left with nothing. I don't think Virgin should have created this problem.
Old 22 Jul 16, 12:05 PM  
Link to this Post
bevc
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Charlottesumx View Post
oops sorry, bevc, was so busy ranting that I didn't respond to your q - I don't know if the bubble get served first or not - but it would be awful to risk this and then be left with nothing. I don't think Virgin should have created this problem.
Oh how nice to find a kindred spirit Charlottesumx! And to know i'm not the only one who has suffered this frustration. I remember almost stabbing my mom in the back of the hand with my fork and wrestling her lovely pud from her when I looked down at my few chunks of fruit! I think i'm tempted to remove my special meal request, invest in a Boots meal deal just in case, and then if I can't get a veggie option, get a non-veggie meal, palm the meat bits off to somebody else and eat the veggie stuff! Actually, no, you've really got me started now! I'm taking this up with VA!
bevc is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Jul 16, 12:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Charlottesumx
slightly serious Dibber

lol bevc, unless you were in PE or Upper, your plastic fork would barely have scratched her skin! My daughter and I were peering over the aisle at hubby and two other children in sheer envy!

Boots meal deal sounds a good idea, but I'm too fussy a veggie to scrape the meat bits off another meal but this convo has galvanised me as well to write to VA (5 months after the event) - I just sent them an email befor I saw your reply! Veggies unite!
Closed Thread