Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 16, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
dixonsontour
VIP Dibber

dixonsontour's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
We do ddp (have done deluxe once too)

The character and themed meals are as much a part of the disney experience for us as the rides and shows.

Have a look at some of the dining reports on here to help you decide.
dixonsontour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
pixie81
Imagineer

pixie81's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 10
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 92
Guidebook Reviews: 8
It's worth every penny IMO. Like others have said, there are so many amazing restaurants to choose from and the air con is a huge bonus. Yes you have to pay tips, but you're on holiday. I like getting dressed up in the evening (although I know many don't) and eating in a nice place and having someone clear the plates (proper china plates and not cardboard QS ones). However if I were you, I would use that extra money to upgrade to a deluxe resort and you'll get the DDP free without having to upgrade it from the QS

Edited at 03:02 PM.
pixie81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 03:07 PM  
Link to this Post
jemima2
Imagineer

Mobile

Just to comment on what others have said re adrs taking up time and cutting into enjoyment etc..that was a bit of a worry for us after having qs first time and ddp for next...we are loosely planning on not eating at other resorts, ie not too far away, trying to plan our adr perhaps for middle of the day while we are in a park and so getting a break and aircon! also we will have a couple of days where we haven't got an adr, which will mean not using up all our credits, would prefer it that way i think 😄
jemima2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 03:38 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

I was in your position op. I looked at my adr list and the upgrade difference is definitely well worth it for us. Although it was only 370.00 to upgrade? Are you sure they have given you the right price? We booked direct with disney and are a family of 4.
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
Although it was only 370.00 to upgrade? Are you sure they have given you the right price? We booked direct with disney and are a family of 4.
Looks about right to me. On a dummy booking the difference is £910 for a party of 5 (Disney) adults.

DDP Vs OOP Live! June 2018
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 03:55 PM  
Link to this Post
loves2plan
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by lilo82 View Post
I was in your position op. I looked at my adr list and the upgrade difference is definitely well worth it for us. Although it was only 370.00 to upgrade? Are you sure they have given you the right price? We booked direct with disney and are a family of 4.
The price depends on the length of stay, number of people and age of children. It's £13 per night for anyone aged 10+ but only £2 per night for children aged 3-9. So as the OPs party are all aged 10+, so it will cost them £65 per night, x14 is £910.

POFQ: Our 'once in a lifetime' trip, 31.10 - 14.11.12
SSR: 40th birthday trip, 02 - 16.01.14
SSR 2 bed villa: my mums first trip, 07 - 21.02.15
POR: An unexpected Easter break, 02 - 15.04.16
CBR: Another unexpected Easter trip, 29.03 - 12.04.17
CBR: 18th birthday surprise trip, 21.10 - 4.11.19
CBR & CBBR 3 week WDW & US, 05 - 27.09.22

Easter QSDP food report April 17

2nd Easter QSDP food report, Oct 19
loves2plan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
lilo82
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by loves2plan View Post
The price depends on the length of stay, number of people and age of children. It's £13 per night for anyone aged 10+ but only £2 per night for children aged 3-9. So as the OPs party are all aged 10+, so it will cost them £65 per night, x14 is £910.
Ahh my mistake all adults!
lilo82 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 06:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Had this conundrum for the first time recently when booking for next year. Fort wilderness cabins only comes with qsdp but we've gotten very used to the full ddp over the years. I was in two minds whether to bother upgrading or to just enjoy the freedom of the qsdp and pay out of pocket for the must do favourite table service restaurants that we've accumulated over the years. Thing is when we added up our 'must do favourites' it made more sense financially to upgrade. Like others have mentioned, having a nice cool ADR sit down meal can be so nice as can having the decision made about when and where to eat. I am extra careful when planning though (having lived and learned the ddp), to make sure we aren't inconvenienced by having to leave and be somewhere else especially to eat, or worse having to hang around in a park for your ADR when you're tired and want to go home
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Edited at 06:48 PM.
Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 08:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridasun
Imagineer

For us it was not just about cost. We don't want to be tied to set mealtimes at set locations 180 days before we even go. We have booked BOG and Trex which we will pay out of pocket. It's been hard enough planning enough detail to book 3 fastpasses each day. My husband has already been joking about all the planning. He asked me yesterday if I had planned in time slots for him to poo!
We much prefer to eat where we want at a time we feel hungry so QSDP suits us much more. But everyone is different. If you want lots of character meals or signature dining then DDP is the way to go.
Floridasun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
adamtoonarmy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridasun View Post
For us it was not just about cost. We don't want to be tied to set mealtimes at set locations 180 days before we even go. We have booked BOG and Trex which we will pay out of pocket. It's been hard enough planning enough detail to book 3 fastpasses each day. My husband has already been joking about all the planning. He asked me yesterday if I had planned in time slots for him to poo!
We much prefer to eat where we want at a time we feel hungry so QSDP suits us much more. But everyone is different. If you want lots of character meals or signature dining then DDP is the way to go.
I have scheduled toilet breaks on my spreadsheet. If its not time then you have to hold it!

Being serious though, the only one of my 14 ADRs that needed to be booked at 180 days was BOG lunch. And thats QS.
adamtoonarmy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread