Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 24 Jul 16, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
KFJames
Imagineer

KFJames's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
We have done both & both have advantages. We did qsdp this time & had alot of credits left, so suitcase loaded with goofy sweeties. When we come next time it will be just the 2 of us as ds17 will be going with mates to zante, so we will do the ddp & enjoy some really good food at a more relaxed pace.
Old 24 Jul 16, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Kiddlywinks
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by adamtoonarmy View Post
I have scheduled toilet breaks on my spreadsheet. If its not time then you have to hold it!
not just me then
August 2022 - Disney's 50th for sure
Kiddlywinks is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 16, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
See I just couldn't be on the go constantly on holiday. For me part of the attraction of DDP is that time of the day when you sit down for a meal in the air con and someone brings the food and clears your table. The QS places for me are just a scrum of queuing to order, standing waiting for food then wandering about with a tray looking for a table. I don't mind doing it a few times but couldn't do it every meal. I know there are a few exceptions but only a few.

At the end of the day it's about how you want to do your holiday. For us the nice meals are a large part of it. For others they just want to eat and run.
We don't stay onsite anymore but this would be how we felt about it. Nice table service meals together as a family are a big part of our holidays. There is no way we would enjoy having QS for the vast majority of meals. Even my kids enjoy "going out for dinner" rather than grabbing something to eat in the evening.
Old 24 Jul 16, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Tweety1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pixie81 View Post
It's worth every penny IMO. Like others have said, there are so many amazing restaurants to choose from and the air con is a huge bonus. Yes you have to pay tips, but you're on holiday. I like getting dressed up in the evening (although I know many don't) and eating in a nice place and having someone clear the plates (proper china plates and not cardboard QS ones). However if I were you, I would use that extra money to upgrade to a deluxe resort and you'll get the DDP free without having to upgrade it from the QS
This is what I did and am staying in OKW
Tweety1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

We are doing QSDP next trip but were at the other end of the scale last trip and did Deluxe dining. We found that way too much food and didn't like that we were always badgered to have starters/desserts even when we didn't want them, they would always say "you've paid for them, you may as well have it even if its just for a taste", took us a while to realise they were working their tip up

The main reason we are sticking with the free QSDP we are getting at POR next time is we want to get out and eat at places other than Disney, we love Chillis, Outback, Mannys, Sweet Tomatoes etc and really missed them last time.
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 07:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

I'm hoping to stay onsite next year for at least a week and likewise have this dilemma, never having had a dining plan.

As many have said, plenty of pros and cons for both, mainly for me the flexibility v more relaxed dining in airconed environment. The regimented adrs worry me though, but are they strictly speaking necessary? We're planning on late sept/early oct, so would I be safe in 'going with the flow' and just booking ts meals as and when we fancy? Within reason of course, but could I say book Crystal Palace for that day when we arrive at MK? Would basically give the best of both worlds.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 07:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Moleymole
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Logan View Post
I'm hoping to stay onsite next year for at least a week and likewise have this dilemma, never having had a dining plan.

As many have said, plenty of pros and cons for both, mainly for me the flexibility v more relaxed dining in airconed environment. The regimented adrs worry me though, but are they strictly speaking necessary? We're planning on late sept/early oct, so would I be safe in 'going with the flow' and just booking ts meals as and when we fancy? Within reason of course, but could I say book Crystal Palace for that day when we arrive at MK? Would basically give the best of both worlds.
Maybe you could book Somewhere like Crystal Palace on the day, the character meals are very popular and book up but there are always cancellations and you could get lucky. I wouldn't be setting my heart on anywhere specific if you wanted to do it this way though, there will be places available but maybe not the place you want at a time you want. Maybe you could just make a few ADR's of the more popular ones just to make sure and leave the rest to go with the flow.
OKW again 2015 and Anna Maria
2017 Contemporary Resort & Anna Maria
ALWAYS AUGUST!

August 2022 my 50th! - Universal Hardrock Hotel, Bay Lake Tower, Boardwalk villas, Polynesian, Anna Maria Island.

Moleymole is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Just come back, didn't have either service for two of us. Thought about it many times on previous visits. Decided to make a note of what we spent on food for the 10 day duration, came in $100 less NOT being on QSDP. We ate once at Ohana and Sanaa. Admittedly we didn't over-indulge on other meals and for 2 of those days were at HRH. Spoke to a couple of American families who did similarly. I've always liked the thought of it but could never justify it. That's how it worked out for us, maybe different for others.

Edited at 09:03 AM.
Davy Crockett is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 08:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Seaworldfan
Imagineer

..although now you guys have got me thinking about it, I might switch to Old Key West and full DDP ..I do like a good tweak.
Seaworldfan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 08:57 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Logan View Post

If you look at the Disney website for what's available today or tomorrow it'll give you an idea of what you could get doing it that way. As said, if you don't have your heart set on specific places you should manage doing it that way.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread