Notices

Old 10 Nov 16, 10:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Dont mind me
Trying for More Ears

Let’s do this or the Don’t mind me’s do Disney again!

This is the first trip report i’ve attempted though i’ve been quite a few times over 10 but never attempted a trip report. As mum and dad have got older and have some health issues this may be our last trip together and I wanted to write something to help me remember the memories.

Before anyone asks nope no pictures of us *yet* partly down to our trio being security conscious but I promise plenty of inspiration from say the Disney Food blog because yep we all love those foodie pics!

The Cast

A little about us we are all grown up well above 21 and love Florida and Disney we’re going to be going in March for Mums birthday. I am the daughter and the planner and have loved Disney since I was young, before Hollywood studios or Animal Kingdom existed. I always said when I got bigger I would go back and so I have many times since. Mum is allergic to garlic and what we love about Disney is that they actually care, some people think it’s that she doesn’t like the smell of it, erm nope garlic makes her ill it's not a lifestyle choice and yes Disney get that. Dad goes with the flow and just does what he’s told (sort of.)

We don't tend to rush and do long days or many rope drops, i've stayed in Disney over 6 months in total now we pick choose and generally like to stop and smell the roses, people watch and all that other fun stuff!

Our plans (So Far)

5th March / 6th March
Fly out Virgin Atlantic from Manchester and check into POFQ. We love this place it is our favourite Disney Resort if it were one of the Epcot Resorts (ie a walk into Epcot) it would be perfect. We are staying here for 2 nights and sharing a room, not here for the whole holiday because it was cheaper to have a 1 bedroom Villa that include DDP than 2 rooms at FQ with the upgraded DDP. Hopefully we’ll make it for a few hours to Disney Springs, we have no dining plan until we move so thanks to some tips from the Dibb hoping to use a Landry card and Earl of Sandwich Rewards card. We’re hoping to get a carriage ride in too as we’ve never done one of those and it looks fun.

7th March
We move over to SSR today, we’re still planning a morning at Disney Springs and the evening will be spent sorting out Garden Grocer order, unpacking and a meal at The Turf Club Bar and Grill in the Evening. Getting our bearings and all the other fun stuff that you have when you’re staying at a new resort to you.

If you’ve stayed at SSR what area were you in and what did you think about it?

8th March
Our first park day and as our fave park is Epcot that’s where we’ll be! Looking forward to the new Soarin and I love Spaceship Earth. Food today will be at Via Napoli. Now I know it’s mainly pizza but it's a pizza we can all enjoy and eat out rather than making at home because of mum’s garlic allergy. We ate there in 2014 and hoping it’s as good. Not staying for illuminations tonight as we have special plans for Mum’s birthday tomorrow!

Our fast passes

9:45 AM - 10:45 AM Spaceship Earth
11:05 AM - 12:05 PM Soarin'
12:10 PM - 1:10 PM Living with the Land

We'll then spend some time round world showcase before we eat.

March 9th
Breakfast at 1900 Park Fare then some favourite rides in Magic Kingdom, don’t shoot but our must do's are It's a small world and Carousel of Progress. Likely we’ll throw in Mickeys Philharmagic and Haunted mansion too.

Our fastpasses
12:30 PM - 1:30 PM "it's a small world"
1:35 PM - 2:35 PM Mickey's PhilharMagic

Our Evening is back in Epcot for a Birthday special, really excited as we have a small dessert party at the UK pubside. It’s a venue I found on Lurkyloos travelbabble and they can cater for small numbers the maximum is about 10 people. (I’ll share more details as I have them)

March 10th
No dining planned.

Our fastpasses:
1:30 PM - 1:45 PM Finding Nemo - The Musical
4:30 PM - 4:45 PM Festival of the Lion King
6:00 PM - 7:00 PM Kilimanjaro Safaris

March 11th
Lunch at Sci Fi Diner

Our fastpasses:
3:10 PM - 3:25 PM Voyage of The Little Mermaid
6:50 PM - 7:05 PM Fantasmic!

March 12th
Narcoossee's Waterfront Brunch

March 13th
Dinner at Be our Guest - I am a massive Beast fan so really excited about this, I’ve wanted my photo with the big guy since I first started going as an adult in 2001.

March 14th
No dining planned

Fastpasses just for me!
9:05 AM and 10:05 AM Toy Story Mania!
10:05 AM and 11:05 AM Star Tours – The Adventures Continue
11:25 AM and 12:25 PM Muppet*Vision 3D

March 15th
Dinner at Flying Fish a pre or post dinner drink at AbracadaBar.

Our fastpasses:
9:25 AM - 10:25 AM Pirates of the Caribbean
10:25 AM - 11:25 AM Jungle Cruise
11:25 AM - 12:25 PM Seven Dwarfs Mine Train

March 16th
Flexible no dining planned

Our fastpasses:
12:35 PM - 1:35 PM Frozen Ever After

Then i'm off to Disney Springs to watch Beauty and the Beast at 7.15pm. So excited!

March 17th
Narcoosees for Dinner

March 18th
Citricos for Dinner

March 19th
No dining planned

March 20th
California Grill for dinner

March 21st
Flexible no dining planned

March 22nd
Day we leave

We’ve purposely chosen quite a few signatures (some new to us) so we don’t have ADRs every day. I love my food but it doesn’t mean I want to be tied to it all the time to those who upgrade to Deluxe dining - I salute you. For us it would be too much food. I’m happier that the dining plan has changed so that you get the extra snack credit for us it offers us more flexibility.

When I get to writing this i’m going to do a food report and a trip report to run along side of each other. Well that’s the plan anyway!

As I have a tendency to ramble on …. You may also find updates ranging from shopping to cooking. I’ll warn you all but yeah, likely my trip report when I get round to it will be a long one too!

Edited at 07:51 PM.
Dont mind me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 16, 12:45 PM  
Link to this Post

hello,

we have stayed at SSR and loved it, we have booked again to go next year. We have requested to stay at the paddock area again, it has its own pool area and very quiet. The main pool area and carriage house is about a 5 minute walk. You can also walk to disney springs from this hotel, it is a 20 minute walk.

Brave,
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Nov 16, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Dont mind me
Trying for More Ears

Hey Brave,

Thanks for the reply. How did you find the buses as in how full, Mum will be using a scooter so wondering if we would want to be first stop on for ease.

Thanks.

Don't mind me
Dont mind me is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post

Hi, we found the buses to be really good & always plenty of space. We've always gone in school holidays, so not sure what other times will be like.

Sorry for such a late reply, I notice you are going to be there when you get this!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

Have a great trip
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List