Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 27 Apr 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

10th Anniversary Day 13 Goodbye to SeaWorld, Funspot & Epcot

Our last full day in Orlando so we were up early and at SW for opening (after another hour's drive). Darren and the kids marched off to ride Kraken twice and Mako 3 times while I took a gentle stroll around the park starting with the dolphin nursery.

Next up was the sea lions at Pacific Point where I was the only person visiting. It was so strange to be by myself, in what is usually a very busy area.

At Antarctica I only wanted to visit the exhibit and not do the ride but didn’t realise that you queue with everyone else and have to do the intro to the ride. However, I was let through first and the exhibit is quite impressive as you walk through the doors and feel and see the icy spectacle.

I love watching the rays splashing around so they were next. I also love watching the dolphins at dolphin cove so walked to the overview area and watched them being checked and playing with the trainers.

Next were the manatees and turtles but I must admit I find these rather boring. I also enjoyed walking alongside the flamingos who are not always easy to keep in line.

Finally was the aquarium within Journey to Atlantis, where I enjoyed the numerous species of attractive fish.

As I wandered I also browsed the shops.

After a couple of hours I met up with the rest of my family and we were all going to ride Journey to Atlantis but it had just started up again after technical difficulties and the queue looked longer than the 10 minutes advertised, so we didn’t bother.

Next up was a visit to Funspot and Old Town. We had 4 $25 gift cards that we had received from ATD on our last visit and had been unable to use. As usual we had a little difficulty using these but eventually they were exchanged for 2 wristbands. The guy serving us told us that they don’t get many of the gift cards so didn’t know how to process them. Darren and Matt went off to race go carts while Alix and I went shopping in Old Town.

It was very quiet in both places and a perfect time to browse the shops and listen to the music playing. First stop was Alix's favourite shop here, Black Market minerals. She spent ages in here and at one point I went and read outside. Eventually she exited with 2 necklaces. She also spent quite awhile in Trouble's Little Sister, a shop we had never seen before, which sells Marvel and Disney comics, figures and pictures. 9 marvel notebooks were purchased here. More shops were browsed but nothing else bought. When we met up with the boys they were in the line for the go karts again. After about 10 minutes they came away without riding as they had been stood for 25 minutes while the attendants did maintenance on the karts. They had only ridden 4 times and were also disappointed that there is now only 2 tracks when there used to be 4. Matt was not feeling well in the sun again so we decided to head home for a cool down. As this is the 2nd time we have been disappointed at Funspot this could be Goodbye for good.

We called at McDonald's for a takeaway and enjoyed a swim (me), sunbathing (Darren), reading on the balcony (Matt) and TV (Alix) back at the villa. Darren, Alix and I also packed, ready to leave tomorrow.

Alix and I were going to Epcot tonight and the boys had to decide between Epcot, Funspot again or pool games at the villa. The pool won so Darren dropped Alix and I at Epcot. We had thought that perhaps we could use the boys' FPs but remembered you have to be in the park to use them so we cancelled them. First up was a visit to the Character Spot, much to Alix's mortification. Both Mickey and Minnie liked my Mickey and Minnie t shirt which just embarrassed Alix more.

The line for mission space was too long so we wandered to World Showcase looking in the shops for backpacks for our great nieces that had just been requested that day.

Unfortunately we didn’t find any but I did find a delicious cheesecake at the Honey Bee booth.

Next on our list was Frozen Ever After, which was a first for us, and turned out to be quite a nice little ride. Even Alix enjoyed it, despite getting slightly wet.

We called at the Joy of Tea booth for a peach snap for Alix and bubble tea for me but they had sold out of the bubble tea. They advised us to try the Lotus House booth but they too were sold out. We were about to buy some chips and settle down to watch iIluminations when Alix noticed that Mission Space was only 15 minutes so we headed off there. Alix's peach snap was very weak and tasted like water so she binned half of it when we got to the ride. I was pleased to see that the orange version was 45 minutes and it was the green version that was 15 minutes, as I have never ridden this before and wanted to try the green version first. Alix thought it was rubbish but I thought it was ok and would try the orange version next time.

Darren picked us up and reported they had had a great night in the pool and he had left Matt packing. He also told us about his telling off from a CM for dropping us off in the wrong place. The CM was very rude and accused Darren of being an Uber driver and wouldn’t believe him when he told him he was a tourist. We had all enjoyed our last night in Orlando. Tomorrow we are off to Anna Maria Island.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 07:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I loved the photo of the flamingos on parade! They looked like they were on a mission. Another fun girly night at Epcot.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

Yes the CM had a little trouble herding them as kids ran up
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 05:21 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Poor Alix being shown up by her old mum, at least she was a good sport about it.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Apr 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

It has to be done doesn’t it! 😁.