Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 10 May 19, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by PoohBears#1fan View Post
Bless her, good luck to her, hope she manages her anxiety x
Thankyou , we’ve had tears today at school worrying about it all, I’m annoyed with school they’ve put so much pressure on her , in her mocks she got the highest 120 mark and they want her to do the same which would be great but not for her suffering bless her, going to not dwell on sats this weekend , taking her to see pikachu movie tomorrow which should be a welcome distraction and OH will keep her busy Sunday, we will see what Monday brings but hoping after she’s got her first one under her belt and realises they are like she’s practised she will calm down... keep reminding her next week this will all be over and done with xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
DS starts his on Monday, Comupter Science is his first of 21 exams. He had his French speaking a couple of weeks ago ( not his favourite) He has struggled at school with his aspergers so has had extra revision sessions since before Christmas. He has to use a lap top and gets 25% extra time. We are hoping he gets his 4 grade 4s that he needs for the course he wants to do at college.

He is a good lad and doesn't stress and we just say as long as he tries his best then that is all we ask, what will be will be.

Good luck to all your lads and ladies doing their GCSE's

ps I am a sad proud parent and have already made a little video of photos of him growing up to post on facebook on his last day
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 04:56 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Hello! Another frazzled GCSE mum here.
Ds as is first exam (computer science) on Monday, first of 21.
He as done so much revising but the anxiety for him is kicking in now. I have bought him some rescue remedies (herbal) which he says helps. He as is heart set on a Sheffield UTC college. Lots of beer will be drunk over the next few weeks. (Me not ds lol)
My DS is at a UTC, he moved there in year 10, it's been the making of him. He's staying on into 6th form to study Engineering & sports - we had his interview and unconditional offer this morning, I'm just delighted for him.

I know a few UTCs have had bad reports because of being new and being forced to take kids who had nowhere else to go after being excluded, but that won't stand for 6th form and it's certainly not our experience, they have a zero tolerance policy for any nonsense.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Jagmate
Getting Excited

DS had his German speaking on Tuesday this week and starts his written papers next week with Biology on Tuesday, English Lit on Wednesday and Chemistry on Thursday. He's reasonably calm and has revised loads but he told us last night that he feels sick about the thought of the exams actually being here now. His Year 11 cohort finished early today to begin study leave and he chose to just walk home rather than going into town with his mates. He's chilling on the Xbox for now which is probably not a bad thing to do. I just hope his hard work pays off. He's desperate to stay on at Sixth Form as he's had his 'lifeplan' in place for years. Hope he gets past this first hurdle. I'm proud of him no matter how it goes but you want them to do well don't you. Good luck to all doing their GCSEs and A'Levels!
Jagmate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 05:07 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

My DS is at a UTC, he moved there in year 10, it's been the making of him. He's staying on into 6th form to study Engineering & sports - we had his interview and unconditional offer this morning, I'm just delighted for him.

I know a few UTCs have had bad reports because of being new and being forced to take kids who had nowhere else to go after being excluded, but that won't stand for 6th form and it's certainly not our experience, they have a zero tolerance policy for any nonsense.
Thanks that is great to know. He really wants to go there. He needs 6’s as a minimum for his first choice. He wants to study computer programming and A levels

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 19, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
JLH
Imagineer

well we have had a major break through in our house my son has told me I need to buy a geopraphy revision book so he can revise(apparently the old one he had wasn't good enough)- only a couple of weeks before the exam and the other pile of revision books are still untouched and are as pristine as the day they were purchased but I guess I should be thankful for small steps!
Old 10 May 19, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

That's really good to hear as one of my daughter's is looking at Leeds UTC to study engineering, maths and physics (rather her than me!) and we were wobbling a little about whether it would be a good move for her. It will mean traveling on the train each day and a fairly big commitment so it's good to hear positives about UTC's.
Old 10 May 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Leanne1977
Imagineer

Leanne1977's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
My son has already done his French and German speaking exams as well as his 10 hour art exam. He has 22 more to go starting on Tuesday. If he was anymore laid back he’d be horizontal! Meanwhile I have no fingernails left!
Good luck everyone!

WDW Villa Jul/Aug 2005
DLP SL Jan/Feb 2006, DCR Feb 2007, Cheyenne Feb 2008, NB Nov 2009, Ibis July 2010
WDW Pop Sept 2006
WDW ASM/HRH/POP Sept 2007 free DDP
WDW Regal Sun/SSR/CIAS May 2008
WDW CIAS/RPR/Cypress Pointe GV Aug 2008
WDW Highgate Park/AKV/BCV Dec 2008
WDW SSR/Pop May 2009
WDW RPR/BCV/BWV/VB/VWL/OKW/Kidani/DCL Jul/Aug 2009
WDW Dibb Villa/Regal Sun May 2010
WDW BCV/VB/DCL Oct/Nov 2010 Wedding trip!
WDW SSR/Dibb Villa/VB Oct 2011 1st wedding anniversary trip!
WDW OKW/VB/Peabody Aug 2013
Leanne1977 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 07:41 PM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Well its the night before the first exam for us. Ds woke up this morning with such a bad head cold he feels shocking. So we are all now in pj’s early night for us all i think.
I feel so bad for him. He suffers with anxiety also so this is nearly sending him over the edge.

Good Luck to all our GCSE kids

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 19, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

Originally Posted by hilz22 View Post
Well its the night before the first exam for us. Ds woke up this morning with such a bad head cold he feels shocking. So we are all now in pj’s early night for us all i think.
I feel so bad for him. He suffers with anxiety also so this is nearly sending him over the edge.

Good Luck to all our GCSE kids
Bless him. My DS is definitely showing signs of stress, his punch bag is getting very regular attention!

Good luck everyone!

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List