Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Jun 20, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

I had priced up pop century with dining plan on top before they removed it. I think it was £700 more than just Port Orleans.
Off site just isn’t an option. I’ve said in another reply also my daughter has food allergies, well catered for by Disney, very patchy offsite and not necessarily cheap anyway.
Also we aren’t really morning people, I can’t imagine going off site at 6pm for dinner when we’d only got there at 12! 😬
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by YorkshireT View Post
For a family of 4, all my spending is $1000 a week.
Don’t you benefit from having a kitchen in your DVC room? I imagine $1k excludes breakfast in a restaurant
Moorlandman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:18 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MrsSevSpaghetti View Post
I had priced up pop century with dining plan on top before they removed it. I think it was £700 more than just Port Orleans.
Off site just isn’t an option. I’ve said in another reply also my daughter has food allergies, well catered for by Disney, very patchy offsite and not necessarily cheap anyway.
Also we aren’t really morning people, I can’t imagine going off site at 6pm for dinner when we’d only got there at 12! 😬
Have you considered a studio or something with a kitchen? That way you could do a big supermarket shop and cook all your own meals. It'd be a lot cheaper than eating at restaurants.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 10:57 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

I don’t mind cooking occasionally when we stay in Europe. In Florida, no chance. It’s my only break from cooking 😂
MrsSevSpaghetti is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

You've been given loads of options anyway.
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

We’ve booked on the US website for some of our onsite February trips, so paid out of pocket for food. We eat well for $500 between the two of us for a week. Does your husband consider counter service sit down or does he mean waiter service? We used counter service a lot, we avoid peak times and sit and linger over dinner. We’ve had lovely salads, salmon, cooked chicken, ribs... not just buyers and fries. For breakfast we would sit out at our resort (CBR usually) and have a mix of QS and our own food so fruit, yoghurt, pastries or we got one huge platter and split it and had our own fruit and yoghurt. We either get a grocery delivery or take an Uber to Walmart/Publix on arrival night. Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Springs is QS but delicious healthy food and they deliver the food out to you and you so very relaxing. Blaze Pizza in Springs is delicious and cheap. We usually do a night offsite too using Uber or Lyft. We do a mom and pop type place but many of the chains offer coupons and can be great value.
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by landandword17 View Post
We’ve booked on the US website for some of our onsite February trips, so paid out of pocket for food. We eat well for $500 between the two of us for a week. Does your husband consider counter service sit down or does he mean waiter service? We used counter service a lot, we avoid peak times and sit and linger over dinner. We’ve had lovely salads, salmon, cooked chicken, ribs... not just buyers and fries. For breakfast we would sit out at our resort (CBR usually) and have a mix of QS and our own food so fruit, yoghurt, pastries or we got one huge platter and split it and had our own fruit and yoghurt. We either get a grocery delivery or take an Uber to Walmart/Publix on arrival night. Wolfgang Puck Cafe in Springs is QS but delicious healthy food and they deliver the food out to you and you so very relaxing. Blaze Pizza in Springs is delicious and cheap. We usually do a night offsite too using Uber or Lyft. We do a mom and pop type place but many of the chains offer coupons and can be great value.
I also do mainly QS. Epcot has some lovely ones, my faves are Katsura Grill and Lotus Blossom Cafe. In MK I like Columbia Harbour House. In AK Yak & Yeti has a separate qs place which is excellent value and in DS I like Cookes of Dublin.
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

What food allergies? Lots of places cater for things such as gluten intolerance even to celiac level.

Can't see what Disney do that others don't.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:43 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsSevSpaghetti
Getting Excited

Mobile

As far as husband is concerned, if we are going to Disney then that’s what we are doing. Getting a car and leaving every day for food isn’t Disney.
I don’t think i appreciated how much the dining plan saved. I thought it was good value but I didn’t think it was THAT good value.
So no dining plan definitely means no holiday I think.
Old 21 Jun 20, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Kat11
VIP Dibber

I’ve worked out using the link that we as a family of 4 including two teens would be looking at £50pppd so about £200/220 a day. That was for mostly quick service meals, two snacks a day a couple of refillable mugs 2 TS meals and two signatures over an 11 day period about £2,000 - £2200 overall.

Kat
WDW: Onsite: HRH/POFQ - October 2019
WDW: Partner Hotel: Hilton LBV @ DS & RPR - April 2022
DLC: LA - San Fran inc: DLC & Universal - Aug/Sept 2023
Kat11 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List