Notices

Old 10 Jun 20, 01:03 PM  
Link to this Post
jothp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm glad you're starting to make some plans for your Christmas trip. Hopefully it will go some way to make up for the disappointment of not being able to go in May. I'm looking forward to hearing more as your plans get more certain.

Congratulations on your degree, you must be so proud and it must be a great weight off your shoulders too.
jothp is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jun 20, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi Kelly - so so excited about your Christmas trip - especially as we are due to be out there at the same time! Christmas is a wonderful time in Disney and you are so lucky to be there for so long! Summer was meant to be our mega long trip so hoping to repeat that in 2022 now! Glad work is going well and HUGE CONGRATULATIONS for your First - fantastic achievement. Lovely to hear some good news in 2020
Really hope the EHCP goes well. We have been having telephone medical appointments for DS. All so strange. Never thought I would miss face to face appointments so much. Hope the return to school goes well for both boys too.
Take care and enjoy the Christmas planning - I'm hoping we can start booking things again soon
Thank you! We really are and it will be amazing, we just hope all these restrictions are lifted, if not I think we may cancel Disney and book another villa for a week and maybe go for a drive down the keys for the final week. We shall wait and see.

Thank you, I still need to upload my final assignment which is a pain considering we no longer have a tutor! But at least I don't need to really stress about it.

Thank you, it's in 10 minutes, pretty sure there won't be much to update.

I hope so too, fingers crossed lovely x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
I've just read through your update on the first post with the plans for your Christmas trip. Wow that's going to be epic, what a lovely long trip. I hope you manage to twist Chris's arm and get to go to Discovery Cove on Christmas Day. I think the plan of the laid back villa part at the start, then a short stay at RPR over new year, followed by Disney sounds really great and I bet you will all have an amazing time.

I'm really pleased to read the positive news about your degree and you have a date for graduation too. That's fab. Congratulations Kelly
Thanks Abby, I hope so. How are you all doing?

A huge weight off my shoulders with the degree, now to get the final one done x

Originally Posted by jothp View Post
I'm glad you're starting to make some plans for your Christmas trip. Hopefully it will go some way to make up for the disappointment of not being able to go in May. I'm looking forward to hearing more as your plans get more certain.

Congratulations on your degree, you must be so proud and it must be a great weight off your shoulders too.
I hope it will, but if things are still up in the air we have decided to cancel the Disney part of the trip and book a villa and maybe a week down to the keys. We have plenty of time to decide.

It really is! Thank you xx
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Just a small update.

We're still no further forward right now I think I'm managing to convince Mr Grump to do Discovery Cove on Christmas Day! In regards to Disney, we're going to hold on till the the payment due date which is November I think. With all these changes recently, I'm honestly not sure if it's worth it cost wise for us! No free dining, no extra magic hours, no complimentary magic bands ... not to mention the rest that they're slowly drip feeding to customers. If this is the case we will probably extend our stay in the villa and also maybe add a week on travelling to and from the Keys.

Hope everyone is keeping ok. Have you any plans for the weekend? Chris and I are finally finishing the dining room, we're doing the wallpaper today. We're just waiting for our new light fitting to come and need to order the new dining table and it should be all sorted ... finally. Hope you have a great weekend x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Jun 20, 07:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Kelly - completely understand your thinking. I think a longer villa stay or stay at the beach could be much more relaxing than Disney this Christmas! Will you be able to book any park reservations this week? I'm feeling very stressed about Monday - think booking days over Christmas will not be easy! Previously I was almost guaranteed entry staying on site but not sure how this will go... We are using our DVC points so really don't want to change as we would struggle with using the points at a different time. We are also DVC AP holders and have now planned to go more than once next year to make up for the cancelled holidays this year and to use the AP! However, we can only book 14 days which won't cover our stays so I am trying to plan when to book and hoping by next year more reservations will be available. If not it will be a VERY expensive AP! One of my stays isn't linking to MDE yet so can't even think about booking days for that one..
I feel silly worrying about all this when there is so much else to worry about but it keeps my brain busy and stops me worrying about all the other stuff eg how will ASD son cope with a very different Disney experience etc etc!
The stay I'm waiting to be linked is at POFQ - I think you have stayed there? Would love your thoughts as will be our first time staying there
Feel very unproductive compared to your weekend. Enjoy your new dining room! We have just completed an online Escape Room. Was really good fun Enjoy the rest of your weekend...
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Mobile

So sorry I've kind of neglected this 😳

Things have been really busy plus I just don't want to get excited for a trip that might not be.

Buggles I haven't booked park days for January yet. At the moment I only have myself on the booking. We don't want to waste £200 to add Chris and the kids on if this is going to be cancelled too if you know what I mean. We're due to pay 6th November so we're keeping an eye on things till then. Hopefully there'll still be availability 🤞

Did you get sorted with yours?

We haven't stayed at POFQ (our families too big sadly as we'd love to try it) we stayed at POR and it was beautiful. I know Goldia has stayed there though, I'm sure she can offer some advice! 😁

Oh wow an online escape room sounds amazing!

How is everyone doing? We've been chatting a bit about the holiday and as I say we're holding everything off till payment dates but keeping our fingers crossed we still get to go.

In the meantime we've been redecorating and upgrading bits in the house. We have our new dining room table finally arriving next week, the chairs arrived last week. We've got our new windows and door booked in for 17th December and we're getting a new warm room on the conservatory to make it into a room. Tomorrow we have a new bath and toilet being installed in the upstairs bathroom so its full of busy here 😂

Kids went back to school last week (Noah, Wednesday, Thomas Thursday, Caitlin Friday) Thomas has started secondary school and he's loving it. Works going well I've been there almost 6 months now and still not been back to the office since my first day 🙈😂 my boss and colleague are arranging for us to meet up for lunch one day this week so I'll finally get to meet my other colleague for the first time since my interview haha x
Old 7 Sep 20, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Buggles94
VIP Dibber

Buggles94's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Hi Kelly Lovely to see you back on here... Sounds like you have been so busy with house, work etc and so glad the return to school went well
3 months on and it is interesting to see what I was thinking back in June! I admit I was a lot more optimistic then. In July BA cancelled our MCO - LGW flight but rather than take the refund I excitedly booked a longer stay with the return flight to LHR... Hmmm - maybe I should have taken the refund? ! Will be absolutely amazing if we get to go and I have booked park reservations for every day (was much easier than expected! ) but like you I am wondering if it really has any chance of happening... I've moved the DVC booking to February (replacing the POFQ booking!) as did not want to lose the points (although am nervous re Feb now) and am waiting to see what BA decide re the amendments etc. We booked and paid for the flights in January so are not covered by book with confidence at the moment
So, I still live in hope for a WDW stay over Christmas but am thinking DLP and Center Parcs if that doesn't happen...
I so hope we do both get there this Christmas. It's still 3 months away so maybe, just maybe... Let's keep dreaming
Buggles94 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
minnie52
Excited about Disney

Good to hear that the kids have settled back into school, I really did feel for the kids who were changing schools in these times as they didn't have the usual transition but good to hear that Thomas is enjoying it.

It really does sound like you have been busy! Glad home improvements are all coming along well and your job is still going well.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you still get to go, we cancelled our Dec trip, well we moved the deposit towards a trip we had planned in feb to LA, however I am uncertain that even that will be going ahead. I normally love the build up to holidays, but this year they have just become a sense of dread for another cancelled trip! In another year, we would have been so excited now, we would have had our dining reservations booked, planning park days and what fp's we wanted and now its hard to get excited about any of it

But, we have to try and keep a positive attitude I guess, and alot can change in the next few months, and we are hopefully coming out the other side of this now. The alternative is just too much!
DLP Halloween 2021 - Davy Crockett Ranch, DLP Nov 2022 - Les Villages Natures
minnie52 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Sep 20, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Nannad
Apprentice Imagineer

Hi kelly, it’s lovely to see you posting, you certainly have been busy over the last few months. Our may holidays should be a distant memory now. We have rebooked for Oct 21, fingers crossed. Hope your holiday in December happens, looking forward to reading your trip report.

Del x

Edited at 04:19 PM.
Nannad is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Sep 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Hi Kelly,

It's lovely to read an update. It sure sounds like you've been busy at home. I'm really glad the kids have settled into school well and your job is still going well.

I'm keeping everything crossed that you get to have your wonderful Christmas trip. I totally understand that you're trying to not think about it at all and not get excited. I'd be the same. I've got lots of plans in my head for future trips, but I'm not booking anything at all, they are just dreams at the moment as I just can't face cancelling another trip. But I'm going to keep hoping that you and all the other Christmas travellers get a little bit of pixie dust.

Take care

Abby

X

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 11:49 AM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Buggles94 View Post
Hi Kelly Lovely to see you back on here... Sounds like you have been so busy with house, work etc and so glad the return to school went well
3 months on and it is interesting to see what I was thinking back in June! I admit I was a lot more optimistic then. In July BA cancelled our MCO - LGW flight but rather than take the refund I excitedly booked a longer stay with the return flight to LHR... Hmmm - maybe I should have taken the refund? ! Will be absolutely amazing if we get to go and I have booked park reservations for every day (was much easier than expected! ) but like you I am wondering if it really has any chance of happening... I've moved the DVC booking to February (replacing the POFQ booking!) as did not want to lose the points (although am nervous re Feb now) and am waiting to see what BA decide re the amendments etc. We booked and paid for the flights in January so are not covered by book with confidence at the moment
So, I still live in hope for a WDW stay over Christmas but am thinking DLP and Center Parcs if that doesn't happen...
I so hope we do both get there this Christmas. It's still 3 months away so maybe, just maybe... Let's keep dreaming
I don't blame you for rebooking, we need something to look forward to! I would do the same. I will keep everything crossed for February for you.

We said similar for Christmas, but then we're debating just moving it all to next year instead, but next years prices are horrendous!

We definitely need something to look forward to, so fingers crossed X

Originally Posted by minnie52 View Post
Good to hear that the kids have settled back into school, I really did feel for the kids who were changing schools in these times as they didn't have the usual transition but good to hear that Thomas is enjoying it.

It really does sound like you have been busy! Glad home improvements are all coming along well and your job is still going well.

I have my fingers crossed for you that you still get to go, we cancelled our Dec trip, well we moved the deposit towards a trip we had planned in feb to LA, however I am uncertain that even that will be going ahead. I normally love the build up to holidays, but this year they have just become a sense of dread for another cancelled trip! In another year, we would have been so excited now, we would have had our dining reservations booked, planning park days and what fp's we wanted and now its hard to get excited about any of it

But, we have to try and keep a positive attitude I guess, and alot can change in the next few months, and we are hopefully coming out the other side of this now. The alternative is just too much!
It's been so hard for the kids hasn't it How are you and the girls?

I think deep down I know we won't be going at Christmas hence why I haven't done any planning. I think we will be sad but it won't be as bad as May as we're kind of expecting this. I did see talks the other day of the US looking to reopen borders to certain countries but I doubt the FCO would allow it with the way our cases and the US cases are going at the moment!

I do think a positive attitude does help but also preparing for the negatives does too x

Originally Posted by Nannad View Post
Hi kelly, it’s lovely to see you posting, you certainly have been busy over the last few months. Our may holidays should be a distant memory now. We have rebooked for Oct 21, fingers crossed. Hope your holiday in December happens, looking forward to reading your trip report.

Del x
Hi Del, I hope you are well!

They really are aren't they. None of us could have predicted this. It's great you've rebooked for next year! I will keep everything crossed for you. Thank you x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Hi Kelly,

It's lovely to read an update. It sure sounds like you've been busy at home. I'm really glad the kids have settled into school well and your job is still going well.

I'm keeping everything crossed that you get to have your wonderful Christmas trip. I totally understand that you're trying to not think about it at all and not get excited. I'd be the same. I've got lots of plans in my head for future trips, but I'm not booking anything at all, they are just dreams at the moment as I just can't face cancelling another trip. But I'm going to keep hoping that you and all the other Christmas travellers get a little bit of pixie dust.

Take care

Abby

X
Hi Abby

How are you all? Thank you, I know what you mean hence why I haven't planned anything else yet. It's more frustrating as we have parcels with When You Wish Gifts so I'm quite conscious we need to get over to collect those at some point. Some things won't last till the end of next year!

Nothing much else to report, BA still haven't cancelled but we're just waiting for it now. We do have a few dates in March next year we could move to so we're trying to keep an eye on everything x