Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 7 Feb 12, 10:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by evergreen View Post
just out of interest do you not qualify for the disabled queue! is there a card (I have seen this mentioned on special needs forum)this card entitles you to go in the fastpass queue, and if you had this card (apologies I have no idea what its called) if would enable you to judge the fastpass queue and whether to come back or not.
Sorry I probably should have been clearer, I do have the GAC (the disabled card) but for the most part it means having to go through the fastpass queue which is why at the end of the day, it becomes a problem
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 12, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sospan
Excited about Disney

This paves the way for selling Fastpass tickets or offering them to guests staying onsite.

When we last went to DLP we stayed on the Castle level and were given unlimited fast pass tickets so we could join any fast pass queue at any time, would love that in Florida
Old 7 Feb 12, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
k l is excited
Imagineer

We too have always gone back between our allocated time slots, so this won't affect us in any way. I thought the idea of fastpass was so that Disney had some kind of control on how many people would use an attraction between the stated hour.

If a lot more people went say 30 mins after their allocated time slot wouldn't this mean extra people using the attraction then. Surely this doesn't help the waiting times using Fastpass. I can only think sticking to allocated times will help the attraction waiting times.

I understand and appreciate that sometimes you might be on the other side of a park when you are due to use your fastpass. We always try to work our way back to the fastpass attraction although it can be very tiring walking and forth all day.

Karen
Originally Posted by Cloverlady View Post
we have always gone back to the attraction at the allotted time
I thought that was the whole point of it?

I never realised it was this flexible?

this new system won't make any difference to us then...
k l is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 12, 10:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Bella1
Imagineer

Bella1's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 7
Until I joined the Dibb I always used my FP in the alloted window and had no problems getting to the required attraction at the right time. However on our last trip I took advantage of the flexibility and tended to keep the FP for when the parks got busier later in the day. This was great but I can understand why it would cause problems, perhaps it is becoming more common knowledge and it is gradually becoming more difficult to manage.

In DLP the slot is only half an hour and I did find that really difficult as it was easy to get in a queue and be held up and not get to the FP attraction during the right time.
Bella1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
I think it is about time disney run the fastpass system as it is meant to be, we have been in fast pass lines where the queue is longer than that of the normal line due to people turning up at any time.

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 08:43 PM  
Link to this Post
MILOMEG
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by disney babe View Post
we have always made sure to get back within time slot, on rare occassions when we havent ie late meal, toilet stop, kids playing up etc we have just thrown tham away & waited to normal queue, would never have dreamed of trying to get in after my time.
This is exactly what we have done and that's the way it should be. We have also given them away when its getting close to the end of our window when we don't think we will make it in time. Fastpasses surely have allotted times to spread the queue throughout the day and it seems selfish for people to have the attitude that they will turn up whenever they like.
MILOMEG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Edam1975
Imagineer

This won't affect us in the slightest. I didn't even realise you could go after your allotted time. We've always gone in our time slot. It seems to defeat the purpose if you can just rock up anytime you want and make the queue longer than it should be.

1986 - Howard Johnsons / 1989 - Quality Inn / 1994 - All Star Sports / 2005 - Tuscan Hills / 2011 - Cumbrian Lakes / 2012 - Lindfields / 2014 - Formosa Gardens / 2014 - Emerald Island / 2016 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2018 - Emerald Island & RPR / 2022 - Las Vegas, Mammoth Lakes, Yosemite, Monterey, Morro Bay, LA, Disneyland (Grand Californian), San Diego / 2023 - Grand Floridian, Anna Maria Island, RPR
Edam1975 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
evergreen
Imagineer

as you know I have held my hand up and said on occasions we have gone back much later than alotted time but may I add not always,
BUT how do others kinow that other people are late going back? how many fastpasses does it give out per slot,could it be more if the park is busy etc... do people sneak a peak or something at other peoples tickets,the only time it is apparent to us is when people are going down the fastpass line during emh which does happen x

Edited at 09:55 PM.
evergreen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Loftus
Imagineer

Originally Posted by MILOMEG View Post
This is exactly what we have done and that's the way it should be. We have also given them away when its getting close to the end of our window when we don't think we will make it in time. Fastpasses surely have allotted times to spread the queue throughout the day and it seems selfish for people to have the attitude that they will turn up whenever they like.
If the reported changes are true then it's the way it will be, but it isn't the way it should be now and until then.

Taken from "another" forum but look at these Youtube videos at the times stated. Do you really think that the Disney CM's making these announcements are rogue employees or are they promoting the accepted Disney policy on how FastPass can legitimately be used?

From about 1.55:

youtube/watch?v=-C1KJS3aOtQ

From around 6.05:

youtube/watch?v=io8_p...ature=youtu.be
Loftus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 12, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Loftus View Post
If the reported changes are true then it's the way it will be, but it isn't the way it should be now and until then.

Taken from "another" forum but look at these Youtube videos at the times stated. Do you really think that the Disney CM's making these announcements are rogue employees or are they promoting the accepted Disney policy on how FastPass can legitimately be used?
Well, we already know that plenty of CMs currently allow people to enter after the time window has closed. Otherwise, they wouldn't be (apparently) announcing that they are *changing* what's allowed and what isn't. I believe Disney allowed this 'unofficial' option whilst it was only used by a small number of people. However, as more and more people have started to use this option, they've decided to enforce the official line. Perhaps other people are now noticing and complaining? Or perhaps it's starting to become a problem with the FP line later in the day?

The Disney website says:
"The sign will indicate the time you would return to enjoy the attraction using a FASTPASS ticket.#For attractions, the return time is a one-hour window (e.g., 1:10 p.m. to 2:10 p.m.).#If the return time is one that works for you, just insert your admission ticket into the Disney's FASTPASS Service machine."

I.e. only get a FP if the one-hour window (="return time") works for you.

And on the ticket itself it says, "Return anytime between X and Y". It doesn't say "Return anytime after X".

If it was the official policy to allow you to enter after the time-window, then I wish that they could've updated their website and all those FP tickets years ago just to make it clear.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread