Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Aug 17, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Aimee and Lauren's Split Year Split Stay Part Two- Disney August 2016- Day 10

Hi guys sorry again for the delay as always! I won't make excuses I'm just going to get on with posting! Today started with a slightly later start but ended up being a really busy fun day! I hope you enjoy reading!

Day 10- Tuesday 23rd August 2016- Magic Kingdom, Be our Guest lunch and Epcot.

We had planned a slightly later start today as we'd had a few busy evenings followed by early starts so it was nice to take things a little slower today!

Lauren and I were still awake at 7:30 (it gets very bright quite early in the living area of the one bed villas, especially if they’re East facing) but it was nice not to have to start getting ready as soon as we were up.

Mum and Dad were awake not long after at 8.

I haven't made a note about breakfast but I'm going to bet on leftovers from the fridge and in my case probably a decent handful of mini daim bars to feed my sweet tooth!

After a fairly chilled morning slowly getting ready we eventually left at 9:50.

DSC03240 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Dad was beautifully colour co-ordinated again today so he was honoured with an outfit photo by the door on the way out hehe. No idea where he bought his clothes from though hehe

DSC03243 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I had gone for an Alice in Wonderland themed outfit today! My dress was from Emp and my ears were made by Modern Mouse Boutique on Etsy

DSC03252 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Close up of my dress and ears

DSC03241 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Lauren chose a cute Rapunzel themed outfit! Her top was from Happily Ever Tees and her ears were made by Be Ear Guest

Unfortunately it looked like we'd just missed a Magic Kingdom bus as the next one wasn't due until 10:12.

The bus stop was fairly busy considering it was quite late in the morning.

DSC03258 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Time for a bus stop selfie while we waited hehe

While we were waiting 3 Disney Springs/Typhoon Lagoon buses came, 2 for Epcot, 3 for Hollywood Studios and 2 for Animal Kingdom!

We were beginning to think a MK bus was never coming but eventually it did turn up around 10:15 so not much later than the times board (we found these often unreliable).

We arrived at Magic Kingdom at 10:35.

Bag check was surprisingly busy for this late in the morning but for once we chose the right line which moved fast so it only took a couple of minutes!

We were already well into the time for our first fastpass so we headed up to Pirates of the Caribbean to use it!

We walked through the Emporium rather than up Main Street today as it was an absolute scorcher of a day already!

DSC03265 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03267 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I love this view of the castle!

DSC03268 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03269 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

As we approached the fastpass tapstiles the CM stopped me and said (in an awesome pirate accent) "Keep your eyes open lass, these be dangerous waters for redheads"

Hehe I love little moments like that! He was referring to the part of the ride where they're auctioning off the woman and they say 'we wants the redhead'.

It was recently announced though that this part of the ride would be replaced as it's no longer deemed appropriate for a family ride and I do see where they're coming from absolutely. Having ridden it as a child though I can't say I even realised what that scene was representing.

I'd imagine things like that did happen back in those days too but again I can see why that part of history is perhaps not appropriate for a Disney ride.

Either way I'll miss the scene when it goes but I'm sure Disney will replace it with something good!

The standby line was 25 minutes and we walked on in the fastpass line!

We actually got quite splashed this time! Not from the drop but during the part where you pass the pirate ships and the canons ‘fire’ in to the water!

When we finished here Lauren and I wanted to go and see Alice and the Mad Hatter from Alice in Wonderland as their meet was due to open soon!

Mum and Dad decided they didn't fancy this which is fair enough so they decided as we were in Adventureland they'd take the opportunity to stop for a citrus swirl and an iced coffee to share from Sunshine Tree Terrace. They used 2 snack credits but it would have cost $11.53. No photo sorry!

On the way over to Fantasyland we passed the Sleepy Hollow food window.

I'd been determined to get a funnel cake this after never quite getting round to trying one before! Shocking for a sugar addict like me hehe.

It was quiet there at this time so I decided to stop off quickly to get one!

I ordered a plain powdered sugar one as these count as a snack credit.

This was a great use of a credit as it came to $6.92 after tax!

DSC03270 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Snack dreams!

I munched on it on the walk over to the Teacup ride which is where Alice and the Mad Hatter meet. Unfortunately the Hatter no longer meets with Alice anymore which is a shame as this was one of our favourite character meets!
DSC03272 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

They weren't out yet when we arrived and the line to meet them had already built up a little so we grabbed a spot to wait. Thankfully it was a shady spot as this is an outdoor meet and greet!

They came out after 5 minutes and the line took about 15 minutes in total.

I happily ate my funnel cake! It was amazing, like basically my ideal snack! I'm currently attempting the 5:2 diet and writing about funnel cake on a fast day is near on torturous hehe.

It's quite messy to eat so I broke small bits off rather than lifting it to my face! It's also huge so I only ate about half of it but luckily I'd asked for it in a takeaway box so I could save the rest for later.

Lauren had a bit too and even she liked it! Although couldn't eat a whole one to herself!

It was soon our turn to meet Alice and the Hatter!

They were fab! They spoke to us for ages, in fact I think this was probably our longest character meet!

I was wearing my Alice in Wonderland dress and Alice said that she liked my party dress and was very excited when she realised there were lots of mini Alice's on it.

When she saw the funnel cake in the box she asked if it was a crumble cake. Lauren said it was and we'd brought it for a tea party which Alice thought was a lovely idea.

The Hatter was a bit mad as you'd expect! He told us he had a secret and we all had to lean in close to hear it. He then told us he'd seen an elephant climbing a tree.

Alice decided she wanted to look at the cake again but she spotted 2 leaves on the floor so picked those up instead and the Hatter said she had to throw them over her head and make a wish. They were so in character as they really did act mad haha.

We asked Alice how many impossible things she'd believed in today. She said one, was the elephant climbing the tree and two, was the giant crane. She then pointed over to the crane over the castle and got excited about all the new babies it would be delivering, we said it was a funny looking bird!

The 3rd thing was in her words "that green sea cucumber Peter Pan".

We said we'd met him over in Neverland but now we were in Wonderland. The Hatter suggested that we all have a tea party with the sea cucumber Peter Pan but said not to invite Tinkerbell in case she got pixie dust everywhere!

Talking of the Hatter at some point during the conversation he wrapped his arms around Lauren and hugged her for pretty much the rest of the meet! We made jokes for the rest of the trip about him being her BFF hehe.

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20160823_7781164504 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20160823_7781163533 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20160823_7781163534 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20160823_7781163535 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20160823_7781163536 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20160823_7781163537 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_TEACUPCHAR_20160823_7781163538 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

It really was a brilliant meet! They were hilariously in character.

Another bonus is that it's such good lighting in that area that the photos came out nicely! The photographer was great too and got lots of interaction pictures!

We were so glad we decided to do this meet and greet!

We were due to meet Mum and Dad next for lunch at Be our Guest next!

We'd arranged to meet in the Beauty and the Beast gift shop so we headed over that way.

They were already there, they'd really enjoyed their citrus swirl but Mum was even more excited when she saw my funnel cake hehe I said she could have some for dessert after lunch!

They'd been to see Philharmagic and had a little browse of the shops in Fantasyland as Mum hadn't bought much yet this trip.

We were a little early for lunch so we spent some time in the shop browsing.

We decided to head over at 11:55 to check in as our ADR was booked for 12. We'd pre-ordered our food so we're sent down the left side of the bridge (this really can save a lot of time during busy periods!)

DSC03273 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03274 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03275 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03278 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We were sent to a cash register to confirm our order. The CM here was so lovely! She loved our Magic Band bows and thought they were a really cute idea!

She asked if we'd eaten here before and when we said we had she asked if we were returning for the great food or the amazing cast members! We said both!

She asked where we were from and we had a little chat about the summer weather hehe. We said a good British summer is if you look out the window and can say "oh look it's not raining!"

We kept our food order the same so we headed on in to find a table.

We'd decided to sit in the ballroom again today as it's Mum's favourite room!

DSC03279 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03281 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We got a more central table today. They're all quite close together here compared to the tables down by the enchanted snowy windows though.

I’d swapped my Alice ears for a Belle inspired hair bow!

DSC03283 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We waited around 10 minutes for our food to be brought over on the trolley.

Mum, Dad and Lauren had all switched their dessert for soup.

They'd all picked the French onion today.

DSC03284 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

It was a really good sized portion but none of them were too crazy about it. They said it was a little tasteless and Lauren really regretted not ordering the leek and potato soup she'd had here the other day as that was delicious.

Dad had ordered the same entree as last time he ate here, the tuna Niçoise salad. He enjoyed this and was happy to be eating something a little lighter.

DSC03285 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Mum also had the same as she'd ordered before, the vegetable quiche. Again she enjoyed this for similar reasons to Dad, it's a smaller lighter option.

DSC03286 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Lauren went for the beef baguette today. She enjoyed it but decided that she preferred the turkey baguette she'd had the other day.

DSC03287 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I had my old favourite the croque Monsieur! I love this, I know it's just a posh ham and cheese toastie but it's yummy! I'd had the slow roasted pork dish the other day and I liked both entrees equally! I can't decide which one to order next time!

DSC03288 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I was the only person with dessert so Mum and Dad shared some of my leftover funnel cake. Mum also found a new snack love!

I had my all-time favourite dessert here, the lemon cream puff! I think this gets massively overlooked as it's gluten free but I just love it! It was so much nicer than the chocolate orange eclair I'd had the other day! I do think it's shrunk in size a bit since we first ate here though!

DSC03289 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03290 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Overall it was a good meal, it was a shame about the soup for the others, I think if they'd had the leek and potato soup they'd all have been happier.

DSC03291 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

This is another counter service restaurant where we'll really miss the dessert being included in a CS credit especially Lauren who is not a massive dessert fan. The option to swap it for a soup was great for her and I don't think she'd want to use a snack credit for one.

I however might consider using one for the lemon cream puff or paying out of pocket.

Today we used 4 counter service credits but it would have cost $98! I love the dining plan!

As we finished eating we had a quick check on MDE to see what our plans were for the afternoon when we realised we'd made a mistake!

We'd booked fastpasses to end just before we had lunch so it would all work out time wise. Dad and Lauren had Space Mountain booked and Mum and I had Mine Train! Not fastpasses you want to miss! The time we'd spent browsing in the Belle gift shop was when we should have gone to use them.

We'd missed them by half an hour now and the cut off point is 15 minutes after they end. We were gutted and annoyed at ourselves for not checking the plan better. It's hard to keep track of everything sometime.

I suggested we go over and try and explain the situation. Lauren didn't want to as she thought they'd say no but Mum and I really didn't want to waste a sought after Mine Train fastpass.

We headed over as quickly as we could and explained our mistake. The CM on the fastpass entrance was lovely and said it happens a lot and changed the Mickey head from blue to green when we scanned our magic bands. We thanked her a lot before heading in.

We waited a couple of minutes in the fastpass line. This is Mum's favourite rollercoaster as its just thrilling enough for her!

MK_MINETRAIN_20160823_7781233063 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03292 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Dad and Lauren decided not to chance it with their fastpass so went on the TTA instead which ended up being a bit of a disaster as they got stuck for absolutely ages but I'll get back to that.

After Mum and I finished Mine Train we headed over to Fantasyland to find some toilets as I wanted to change my outfit now. We had a fastpass to meet Rapunzel later and I had a character t-shirt and Rapunzel inspired Minnie ears that I wanted to wear.

DSC03295 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
My top was from Hot Topic and my ears were made by Banana Pies on Etsy

Once I was changed we headed in to Castle Couture to have a browse while we waited. We got a message from Lauren not long after to say they'd broken down on the TTA and didn't know when they'd be moving again.

DSC03297 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03301 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Make it pink! Make it blue!

As we didn't know how long they'd be we headed over to Sir Mickey's shop for a browse there too.

DSC03302 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
The giant in Sir Mickey’s!

DSC03303 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03304 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I absolutely love these Alice in Wonderland teacups!

Some of the Citizens of Fantasyland were hanging around outside! They were so funny!
DSC03305 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03306 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We got another message from Lauren to say they couldn't restart the ride and were having to get everyone off the ride manually which was going to take a while.

This was a bit frustrating as we'd been hanging around the shops for nearly half an hour by this point which felt a little like wasted time so we decided to go and see Philharmagic while we waited for them to be rescued but when we got over there the line was out of the door which is a rare occurrence for this attraction so we decided to give it a miss as we weren't sure we’d even make it in to the next showing and we didn't know how long Dad and Lauren would be.

DSC03307 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
The wait for Philhamagic!

We looked in the gift shop next door instead and saw the Citizens of Fantasyland again!

They were trying to figure out how many instruments Donald Duck had on his display hehe.

DSC03313 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03308 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
He was disappointed this t-shirt didn’t fit hehe

Continued below…

*Link to my Trip Reports*

Edited at 05:52 PM.
xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

DSC03309 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03310 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03314 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I love that even the gift shops in Disney have the most amazing attention to detail!

In the end it was over 45 minutes until Dad and Lauren came back. I was a bit fed up by this point as Mum and I had waited around all that time for them and it was a super hot August afternoon but we couldn't have stayed in the gift shops forever. We probably should have just gone and sat in Pinocchio's with a drink or decided to do Philharmagic earlier but we had no idea they'd be that long.

I know they obviously had no idea they'd break down but I did get a bit frustrated that they hadn't just gone to Space Mountain and asked really nicely if they could still use their fastpass given it was a genuine mistake. Although I guess knowing Sod's law Space Mountain would probably have broken down too hehe. Obviously it was hugely frustrating for them too and very hot but I think they quite enjoyed the novelty of having to walk back off the TTA plus they were given a fastpass each that could be used for anything apart from the parade viewing area.

Dad and I both got in a grump with each other after that and he wasn't exactly thrilled that our next fastpass was a character meet so he decided to leave the park and go back to OKW. Mum felt obliged to go with him despite us telling her to stay so we said goodbye and they headed off.

Lauren and I were right at the end of our fastpass to meet Rapunzel and Tiana now so we had to head straight inside.

Luckily it was a really cute meet again!

Rapunzel loved our ears and asked if Pascal had made them for us. We said he hadn't but we had seen him earlier playing hide and seek over near her tower hehe she told us it’s his favourite game!

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_20160823_7781316761 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_20160823_7781314692 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_20160823_7781314693 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_20160823_7781315970 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_PFTHPURPLEB1CHAR_20160823_7781315972 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We met Tiana next and she asked if we'd kissed many frogs and despite the urge to reply how long have you got?! We said we hadn't as they were gross and slimy hehe she explained that they actually secrete mucus!

MK_PFTHPURPLEB2CHAR_20160823_7781359582 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_PFTHPURPLEB2CHAR_20160823_7781358973 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_PFTHPURPLEB2CHAR_20160823_7781358975 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

As we left who should we bump in to but our Mummy! She had decided that we were right and just because Dad was heading back for a rest didn't mean she had to go to when she really wanted to stay with us and watch Festival of Fantasy later as she'd never seen it before!

We were so happy and decided we'd have a proper girly afternoon doing things we knew wouldn't be up Dad's street!

We remembered that there was a limited time meet and greet with Belle in her yellow ball gown over in Liberty Square for those that had memory maker!

The next opening was at 2 and it was around 1:45 now but we knew they would only keep the line open to a certain amount of people per meet and greet session before closing it so we headed straight over.

It was in the building next door to the Hall of Presidents. The line was outside as they didn't open the door to the building until the meet and greet opened at 2.

DSC03315 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

As you can imagine standing outside in the August Florida heat at that time with no shade wasn't an enjoyable experience so we each took it in turns to have a couple of minutes in the Christmas shop opposite while the other 2 waited. This was a good plan as it meant we all got a little burst of air con every few minutes!

While I was in there I took some photos of the cute shoe ornaments! I love that they do these for some of the rarer characters too these days!

DSC03316 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Pocahontas!

DSC03318 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Meg from Hercules which is one of my favourite Disney films!

DSC03319 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Dory and Mary Poppins

DSC03320 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
The Blue Fairy from Pinocchio

DSC03321 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Beware if you sit on this sleigh for a photo opportunity in the mid-day heat with bare legs! I found that out the hard way a few trips ago!

At 2 they opened the door and luckily we were far enough ahead in the line that when everyone moved forward we made it inside too!

We waited around 10 minutes and spent the time chatting to a lovely CM about our ears, she was saying that she loves looking out for all the custom ones!

I remembered I had my Belle bow in my bag from lunch and I decided to give it to Mum to put in her hair so she didn't feel left out as Belle is her favourite princess!

DSC03322 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

It was soon our turn! She was a lovely Belle, she was very excited that Mum's bow matched her dress!

She asked us if we'd eaten in the castle and we said we'd just been for lunch there and it was very beautiful!

We had our photos taken and then headed out. We were all so happy as it was a lovely meet and we were really glad Mum had come back and managed to meet her favourite Princess!

MK_HERITAGEHOUSECHAR_20160823_7781352911 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_HERITAGEHOUSECHAR_20160823_7781352914 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_HERITAGEHOUSECHAR_20160823_7781352915 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

MK_HERITAGEHOUSECHAR_20160823_7781352917 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

After we finished we headed over to the toilets near Casey's on Main St as it was time for another outfit change hehe.

As we headed over we saw Mary Poppins heading out towards her meet and greet!

DSC03325 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03326 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Lauren and I had purchased some really cute custom ears for Festival of Fantasy!

If you've seen it before you'll remember the girls at the end in the circus tent skirts with the blue wigs! AKA the cha cha bingo girls!

DSC03531 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

When we'd been browsing Etsy for ears we'd spotted some ears themed around them and decided it would be really cute to get matching ones!

Even better Jasmine who made them (her shop is called second star mercantile on etsy) realised that she would be on a solo Disney trip at the same time as us and asked if she could join us to watch the parade wearing her own Cha Cha Bingo girl ears!

We said of course especially as she was on a solo trip!

Lauren had also ordered a cute Festival of Fantasy top which she changed in to and I had a lovely Magic Kingdom top that I'd bought on the extremely rainy last night of our 2015 trip the year before!

Once we were changed we headed down on to Main St to find a good spot!

We found a fab spot on the curb in front of the Emporium, around where it changes from the Hall of Champions shop to the kids section, just opposite Main Street Bakery. There is a canopy over this entrance although it didn't provide any shade for us at this time of day sadly but it was nice to be able to feel the occasional burst of air con from the shop!

DSC03349 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03332 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
We spotted Ub Iwerks’ window!

It was only 2:20 so we knew it would be a long 40 minute wait in this heat but if you want the curb side seats you do have to get there early.

We decided cold drinks would help so Lauren went to Starbucks to get a large strawberries and cream frappe! She used a snack credit but it would have cost $6.17 OOP.

DSC03333 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We sent Mum in to the Emporium for a bit to look as we were worried about her sitting out in the heat for too long. I spread out our backpacks to keep the space. I also had to get my poncho out as it was absolutely scorching on the floor and I couldn't bear to sit on it without something in between.

As I was sitting there alone listening to the beautiful music that plays on Main St and thinking this is the life, a girl strolled past wearing the same ears as Lauren and I. In my day dreamy state I sat there thinking how funny that someone else should be wearing the exact same custom ears as us when it suddenly hit me that this must be Jasmine!

I called her over and she came over to sit down. We instantly got chatting as if we'd known each other for years! I'd not spoken to her before as Lauren had ordered the ears through her Etsy account so it was lovely to get to chat!

Lauren came back after a few minutes with her drink and it was my turn to head over to the Plaza Ice cream Parlour to grab a coke float for Mum and I to share as these are our favourite!

DSC03334 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03335 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
DSC03336 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I love the theming and décor! If I could work anywhere in Disney I’d want it to be here!

I waited around 5 minutes which wasn't too bad as it's often very busy in here. I used a snack credit but it would have cost $5.32.

DSC03337 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

By the time I got back Mum had returned too so we made quick work of drinking the coke float!

We all chatted lots with Jasmine so the time passed very quickly! It was lovely to instantly hit it off with someone, we definitely felt as though we’d made a new Disney friend!

We noticed one of the photopass photographers had a special Festival of Fantasy sign that people were holding in his pictures so Lauren, Jasmine and I decided it would be rude not to go have our photo taken with it seeing as we had matching Festival of Fantasy ears on!

MK_CASEYPREROVER_20160823_7781394616 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

After he'd taken this photo for us he asked if we wanted to try a new magic photo they were testing. We of course said yes and he explained that when the photo came up Prince Phillip from Sleeping Beauty would be in the photo too!

It was one of those video photopass pictures where you're in a still photo but they overlay a video of a character walking through etc etc.

Prince Phillip was sure enough in our photo brandishing his sword (careful I'll do the jokes ). The bit I liked about the video is that it featured a short clip of the music from Festival of Fantasy! Not sure if this video will play or not!

MK_CASEYPREROVER_20160823_7781432439 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

After this we sat back down with Mum again to keep our spaces as it was filling up fast on Main St now.

As we were waiting the Dapper Dan’s came along and stopped right in front of us to sing so we were even happier we'd stopped in this spot as we love them!

They made us laugh as before they started they said- "Waiting for the parade? We're it...budget cuts!" Hehe.

DSC03338 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03339 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We happily sat listening to them sing and even more so when they started to sing Mr Sandman and one of the Dan's bent down and took Mum's hand and sang to her! It was such a lovely moment! He made us laugh again when he went to stand up and pretended that Mum wouldn’t let go of his hand hehe. Lauren managed to get a video of it which is somewhere on our Instagram but I don’t think I’m allowed to share the name with you.

DSC03340 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03341 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03342 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Shortly before the parade the Main Street Marching band came along too! Another act we absolutely love but rarely seem to have time to stop and watch so this was a nice bonus!

DSC03344 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03345 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03348 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Its little things like this that make me love Main St even more! It's more than just a walkthrough of shops and food outlets that lead to the castle it's an attraction in itself! I just adore it and could spend all day sitting there taking in the atmosphere! Although not on a hot August afternoon as I'll get back to later hehe.

Festival of Fantasy finally started at 3:15, I always forget that it doesn't arrive down on Main St until later as it starts up near Frontierland!

We just adore this parade and I'm so happy that on our next trip it’ll be on at 2pm rather than 3 as it makes it much easier for us half day park people to stay for it!

Although I guess the CM's will have a decent reply when they are asked "what time does the 3 o clock parade start?" (Apparently this happens!) as they can now reply 2pm hehe.

It's just the most magical parade! We adore the music and the floats are just beautiful! I of course got a bit snap happy so sorry for the photo overload!

DSC03355 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03356 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03358 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Continued below…

Edited at 10:12 AM.
xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 05:45 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

DSC03359 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03362 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03364 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03369 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03370 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03373 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03377 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03378 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03383 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03387 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03388 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03390 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03393 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03394 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03398 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03403 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03408 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03412 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03414 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03415 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03416 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03420 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03424 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03428 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03432 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03435 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
If the Neverland thing doesn’t work out Peter Pan luckily has all the moves to star in Saturday Night Fever!

DSC03437 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
The arguments between Peter and Hook had reached a new low

DSC03441 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Hook wasn’t happy about it!

DSC03445 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
But Tink found it pretty funny!

DSC03438 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03448 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03452 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03453 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03455 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03460 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03463 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Merida checked that she’d remembered deodorant that morning!

DSC03464 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03466 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03467 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03468 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03474 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03475 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03479 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03486 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Continued below…

Old 6 Aug 17, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

DSC03489 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03491 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03493 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03500 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03503 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03504 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03508 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03509 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

It was the same Alice and Mad Hatter that we'd met earlier in the day. The Hatter recognised us and came over! He was very excited that we were wearing new hats now hehe!

DSC03510 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03511 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03512 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03518 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03520 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03523 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03526 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03529 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03530 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03533 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03536 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03538 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03539 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We said goodbye to Jasmine when it finished as she was heading off into the park while we were heading back for a rest now. We worked out we were all in MK again tomorrow night so said we'd keep an eye out for each other then!

Mum, Lauren and I followed the parade down Main St and headed out of the park. We were all boiling but luckily we didn't have too long to wait for a bus and we were on our way back at 3:40.

DSC03542 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We made it back to the Villa at 4:05. Dad had had a really nice afternoon chilling in the room! He'd had a sleep and been over to fill up his mug at the pool before relaxing and watching some tv on his tablet so this really suited him! He wouldn't have appreciated meeting Belle and watching the parade hehe.

Mum and I noticed that we were both a little sore in the derrière area. Apologies now for what quite frankly is probably too much information to be sharing with you all but Mum and I both had bright red patches on our bum cheeks where the hot ground had scolded them even through my poncho and shorts and underwear!

Again I did debate over whether to share this with you but I really feel like it's a public service announcement hehe if you're watching Festival of Fantasy and the ground feels burning hot it probably is! I'd definitely advice taking something to sit on. Don't say I didn't warn you hehe.

Obviously I don't have any pictures to share with you as that really would be going too far haha. Luckily they weren't blistered or anything just very red! It looked like I'd been sunbathing in a tacky thong bikini and forgotten to put sun cream on!

Lauren was quite bewildered when Mum and I came out of the bathrooms telling her to check her bum cheeks hehe.

She had no idea what we were going on about as hers were fine! We must have more delicate skin than she does hehe.

We were all in fits of giggles about it and decided it was probably best not to message Jasmine and ask if she'd also burnt her bum cheeks on the ground seeing as we'd only just met her hehe.

Mum and I put some e45 cream on ourselves to relieve it a bit before going down to rest for a while.

It rained quite heavily between 4:30 and 5:30 after almost a week with none! We were all rejoicing as if we were in the middle of a drought as we'd been desperate for it to rain properly for days to take the edge off the humidity a little! We hoped we'd have a much more bearable evening at Epcot now!

DSC03548 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Rain finally!

Mum and Lauren slept from 4:30-6 while Dad and I stayed awake on our phones/tablet.

Once everyone was up we all got ready for an evening at Epcot!

DSC03550 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Lauren’s top is from the parks

DSC03552 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
My top was from Red Bubble

We left the room at 7 but had unfortunately just missed a bus. Thankfully though it was so much cooler out now thanks to the rain so it wasn't too bad waiting!

DSC03555 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Not an Epcot bus but I love the captions on the buses these days! This one is for Magic Kingdom

It still felt a little stormy in the distance so we hoped it stayed away as we were planning to watch Illumimations tonight and stay for Extra Magic Hours!

Another Epcot bus arrived at 7:10 and we were on our way!

As we reached the Millers Road stop a mum and daughter came running along and just made it on to the bus. They then had the bus driver wait a few minutes for the Dad and 2 other teenage daughters to arrive who weren't even in sight yet. I felt like explaining that it wasn't a personal bus service just for their family. The rest of the party came sauntering along as if they had all the time in the world.

With this holdup we didn't arrive at Epcot until 7:30. Luckily we were only eating a counter service dinner tonight so we weren't in too much of a rush.

Once we were in the park we stopped for some family photos in front of Spaceship Earth as we didn't have any yet this trip!

EPCOT_ECENTR1_20160823_7781757265 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

EPCOT_ECENTR1_20160823_7781757269 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

While we were in the middle of having our photos taken the same family from the bus came over to interrupt and ask Dad to take their photo!

I mean honestly! Goodness knows what they thought we were doing standing there posing!

We explained that yes he would after we were finished having our own family photos taken.

After Dad had acted as photographer for them (which we don't mind doing at all let me say, we often offer to take photos for people trying to get selfies, but this family we're just very self-absorbed) we headed to Electric Umbrella for dinner at 7:40.

DSC03556 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We hadn't eaten here for years and years but had decided to give it another go this trip as the menu sounded alright and we didn't have many other burger type quick service meals planned in.

It was pretty quiet in there at this time so Mum and Dad went to get a table and the condiments while Lauren and I ordered the food.

DSC03558 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Mum ad Lauren went for the French dip burger, Dad had a bacon cheeseburger while I decided to try something a little different and picked the sausage and pepper sandwich.

DSC03559 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Dad’s burger

DSC03560 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
French dip burger

DSC03561 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Sausage and pepper sandwich

Desserts were 3 strawberry cheesecakes for Mum, Dad and I and a chocolate cupcake for Lauren.

DSC03563 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03562 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We also had 4 large fountain drinks. We used 4 counter service credits but it would have cost $83.18 OOP.

The CM who served us was really friendly and asked how our day had been!

They were quite slow to get the food out so I’m not sure you'd want to come here when it was crazy busy. The CM getting our food was an older lady who literally slammed the tray down in front of us and didn't say a word. Not sure what we'd done to upset her! Maybe she was just having a bad day!

You fill up the drinks yourself here so after taking the food to the table we went to sort the drinks. We filled up 2 to share for now and saved the other 2 to fill up on the way out to take to Illuminations with us.

Mum and Dad had managed to get us a nice table in the window overlooking the Fountain of Nations!

DSC03564 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Our view

DSC03565 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

There were a lot of dirty tables nearby which again considering it was so quiet in there wasn’t great.

The food was really good though! The others all loved their burgers although Mum's was way too much for her and she didn't make much of a dent. The burgers were all served with fries and apple slices.

My sausage sandwich was yummy but very spicy. As it has pepper in it I expected it to be but I hoped it would be milder than it was. Still tasty though!

Unfortunately the same couldn't be said for the strawberry cheesecake! It just tasted really artificial and was very thick and stodgy. None of us particularly liked it.

Lauren's cupcake was more successful!

It was a mixed bag of a meal but overall the entrees were good and it had a nice atmosphere.

We left at 8:10 and filled up the last 2 drink cups.

We headed up to World Showcase next to grab a place at our favourite Illuminations viewing spot on the bridge between the France and U.K.

DSC03566 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03568 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03569 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03570 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

It was very breezy out after the storm which made for a much cooler wait than we'd had for some of the other evening shows this trip!

The bridge was still quite quiet at this time so we grabbed a nice central spot.

At 8:30 the half hour to go announcement was made and the beacons were lit!

I love the atmosphere and the music they play while waiting for Illuminations!

At around 8:45 the Star Wars fireworks started over at Hollywood Studios.

We turned and had a great view of the higher fireworks going off behind the Eiffel Tower statue in the France Pavilion!

DSC03627 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03630 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03638 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03650 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Continued below…

Old 6 Aug 17, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

At 9 Illuminations started! Nothing gives me shivers like the opening prologue to this and the part where the beacons are blown out!

It was amazing as always and always brings tears to my eyes. I hope they leave this well alone now that Wishes is gone!

DSC03654 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03666 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03670 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03672 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I love how bright the lasers are since they updated them!

DSC03678 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03697 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03721 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

It was evening extra magic hours tonight and as Lauren and I had absolutely loved our evening spent exploring World Showcase and snacking around the world during Epcot's evening hours the year before we decided to do the same tonight!

DSC03726 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03727 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03741 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Our first stop seeing as we were already in France was Les Halles Boulangerie and Pattiserie!

DSC03733 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03740 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03735 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
More Cogsworth’s!

Lauren loves the chocolate mousse they serve here so she picked that while Mum, Dad and I picked 2 eclairs to share, one white chocolate and one milk chocolate.

DSC03738 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03739 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Sorry for the blurry photo, this is the chocolate filling for the milk chocolate éclair

DSC03737 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We used 3 snack credits but it would have cost $13.85 OOP.

We were served by another lovely CM here who asked where we were from and how long we were visiting.

We grabbed a table and sat with our snacks. Unfortunately the seating area isn't far from the rest rooms and there wasn't the most pleasant smell so we ate our snacks quickly and headed off!

We all enjoyed our food! The mousse was as good as Lauren remembered! We preferred the white chocolate eclair which is filled with vanilla cream to the milk chocolate one as that is filled with chocolate cream which was a little sickly but that's purely personal choice.

We skipped Morocco as there’s not much in the way of snacks there but we did take a couple of photos.

DSC03745 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03746 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Our next stop was the Japan Pavilion to visit one of our favourite stores in Disney World, Mitsukoshi!

DSC03750 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03752 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I like to buy a paper fan in here each trip with my name written on it in Japanese.

They only had a couple of designs to choose from today which was a shame but I went for the one with flowers as it matched the colours scheme of my others so looks nicer in the display I have of them!

DSC03755 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I took it to the cash register to pay and have my name written on it! It cost $5.27 with tax and the personalisation is free!

DSC06138 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I love all the completely random things they sell in here.

DSC03753 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03754 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We headed through to the food section of Mitsukoshi to pick up some snacks for another day!

We love the packets of milk chocolate hello panda they sell here but they only had giant boxes today, Luckily we've discovered they're readily available here now! You can pick up a packet from Asda for around 90p I think which is a lot less than Disney charge! They remind us of the biscuit snack cartoonies we used to eat as kids!

DSC03756 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03757 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03758 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I picked up a few other bits as my boyfriend has always talked about wanting to visit Japan so I thought some Japanese candy would make a nice souvenir!

I picked up a few bits for him and some apple hi-chew for myself as they sounded yummy!

DSC06084 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

In total I spent $17.41 including tax.

DSC03761 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
I’ve never noticed his before in all our visits to World Showcase!

DSC03764 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03765 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03767 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03770 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We kind of skipped past the American Adventure and Italy apart from to take a couple of photos as there were no snacks we fancied in either.

Although the cookies and cream funnel cake from the former did sound incredible! It was on the pricey side though and would have totally filled us up!

DSC03777 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03779 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03781 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03782 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Instead we headed straight on to Germany to visit caramel heaven aka Karemell-Kuche!

DSC03786 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

This is one of our favourite places to use snack credits!

I absolutely love the caramel apples they sell here and Lauren gets a bag of the caramel covered popcorn every trip! These are both great uses for snack credits as the large bag of popcorn counts as a credit and they're both quite expensive for snacks!

DSC03788 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03792 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We picked up these and also 2 chocolate caramel strawberries and a caramel drizzled cookie! All the yummies!

DSC03795 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03797 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03793 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Mum and Dad wanted to pick up some packets of Werther's caramels too! These weren't the most expensive use of a snack credit but a great one to bring home as you get lots in a pack.

DSC03794 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Good snack haul

We used 7 snack credits in total but it would have cost $40.71 OOP.

We sat on one of the picnic benches between Germany and the outpost area to share the strawberries and cookie between us! It was all absolutely delicious!

We saved the rest to take away with us.

Continued below…

Old 6 Aug 17, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

By the time we left here it was nearly 10:30 and we wanted to try and get in another ride on Soarin' on the way out so we slowly strolled through the rest of the countries.

DSC03801 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03802 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03803 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03807 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03808 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03810 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I'd been really keen to get a Cronut to end my snacking around the world so I headed back towards the Canada entrance of World Showcase to the Refreshment Port while the others carried on back to Future World.

When I got there though the line was really long so I decided to save it for another day and headed back to meet the others.

DSC03820 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03821 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03823 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

I caught up with them over near the Land Pavilion at 10:40.

DSC03824 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03826 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Last time Lauren and I had waited until this time and Soarin' was only a 15 minute wait and actually took less than 10.

Tonight however it was still listed as a 30 minute wait. We knew that sometimes Disney overestimate the wait times at the end of the night but we also figured that with Soarin' around the World still being relatively new it probably would be longer than last year.

DSC03829 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

Mum and Dad were both tired and decided that was too long for them so they decided to head out to catch the bus back to OKW.

Lauren and I decided we would wait it out as we were keen to ride it again.

We were queuing back to the interactive screens and it did take 25 minutes in the end but it was worth it as it really is one of our favourite rides!

DSC03830 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr
Interactive screens

We were in the middle section today but in row 3 so we did have feet dangling above us but still had a nice central view!

We eventually left The Land at 11:20 and slowly strolled towards the exit getting a few photos along the way. Epcot is just such a beautiful park at night (they all are having said that!)

I love the light up pavements! I hope that whatever changes they decide to make to Epcot they don’t take these away!

DSC03832 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03833 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03834 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

DSC03841 by Aimee Disney, on Flickr

We left the park at 11:30 and were on the bus back to OKW at 11:40

We got back to the villa just before midnight and pretty much collapsed in to bed after changing and washing. It had been another busy but fantastic day!

Thanks for reading x

Old 6 Aug 17, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Wow you cram so much into a day! Love your outfits and all the thought abs planning you put into them. Fab post x
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 08:02 PM  
Link to this Post
sheluk
Imagineer

Mobile

Lovely day Aimee I think you got lots done! Can't believe you burnt your bum watching the parade! Must have been crazy hot.

Some fab meets today & your evening around Epcot sounds so relaxing & fun. With lots of yummy snacks too xx
sheluk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 17, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Dissie
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
What a jam packed day. My favourite are the Green Tea Kit Kats from Japan though they are quite expensive. Managed to find them on Amazon a bit cheaper though not by much.
Old 6 Aug 17, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Neep
Apprentice Imagineer

Woah! what a packed day - loved all the snack info!
Away to search out some ears and TShirts!