Old 17 Sep 17, 10:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Pumba75
Imagineer

Pumba75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Restaurant Reviews: 23
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
A few sentences in and I nearly spat my drink out laughing so much!

Our definitions of "vague" are very different!

At least I now have time to hide all our devices so E and M can't read this!

Melissa x
Pumba75 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
helenlovesdestr
Serious Dibber

Mobile

This is such an amazing report! We are booked on this cruise for next august and I'll be copying so many of your tips into my book. I love your outfits and Minnie ears!
helenlovesdestr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 11:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Fantastic first day on DCL 😊
We have booked the same room for next Aug so very excited to see all your photos.
What a shame re your bag😣

As always, I'm enjoying reading your report so thank you😊
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 17, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post
NikNak
Excited about Disney

What an amazing day! I love your ears and t-shirts and what a lovely surprise the limo must have been for your parents. Nothing prepares you for the sheer size and grandeur of the ship when you first see it does it!?

I absolutely loved reading this and it's made me super excited for our trip in 10 weeks. We have done this cruise previously however having done 2 11-night cruises on the Disney Magic since then I actually can't remember much about this ship and we are also travelling with first time cruisers so I really can't wait!

Looking forward to the next installment
Old 18 Sep 17, 09:26 AM  
Link to this Post
globedust
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all the detail! It's seriously made me think I need to persuade DH that a cruise is a good idea! He really thinks cruising is for the, ahem, older generation only but it looks fab!
globedust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:02 PM  
Link to this Post
eleele
Apprentice Imagineer

Disney should be paying you commission! You've done a better job of advertising their cruise than they do! Now youve convinced me that I have to do one as well and I've only read Day 1!

Shame about your bag breaking, take it to a cobblers, they might be able to fix it even if it never looks quite the same again. Years ago when I worked for an upmarket shoe retailer we used to send broken handbags to a cobbler in London, I'm not sure who it was but you could use your many skills to find a decent one.

Looking forward to Day 2
eleele is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 01:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OrlandoLes
Excited about Disney

OrlandoLes's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hi Aimee & hi to Lauren & your Mum & Dad as well
Thanks for the mention & it was our pleasure meeting you all on the cruise - although I think we did well recognising you & Lauren in the evening as neither of you had your Disney ears on
It's great being able to re-live so much of what we did on the cruise through your trippie
The towel design was an interesting one though & the room you had looks lovely. Below is the view I had in the theatre so I hope you had a better one:

Thinking back & even though this was our second time on the Dream there is so much that we experienced that you forget about (especially at my age ) & the time just seems to fly by - 3 days still isn't enough...
All you need to know about this cruise is all in Aimee's great trip report & if you are interested don't think twice just book it as its a fantastic experience for all ages.
Can't wait for days 2 & 3
Cheers
Les
Windsor Hills Villa - May 2012; Rolling Hills Villa - Easter 2014; High Grove DIBB Villa / RPR / Disney Dream - Easter 2015; Sunset Lakes DIBB Villa /HRH/ Disney Dream - August 2016; NYC / St Pete's Beach / DIBB Townhouse at Windsor hills - Easter 2018; Flights / Sunset Lakes Villa / Harmony of the Seas Cruise - Easter 2020 Didn’t happen!
OrlandoLes is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
RuthieG
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

sri was our cabin steward in the Dream back in 2014. I think your animal was a snake, she made us a swan which was left on the bed complete with rose petals on the last night. Will have a dig and see if I can find a picture.

I agree, Sri was lovely
RuthieG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Excited83
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Love it! Amazing detail, thanks so much for sharing. X
Excited83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 17, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

We did our first cruise last year too so I was really looking forward to reading this.

Howling over the fact that one day of your trip report is the length of a dissertation, think how long a dissertation takes to write! Too funny!

Your cruise ears were gorgeous.

The photo package price is crazy, they should really consider bringing the cost down, if it had been $100 for downloadable files (like Memory Maker) I definitely would have bought it.

I was drooling over the Cabanas pictures, I could happily have eaten every single meal there, it was fabulous.

The portholes in your room are awesome. We had a verendah, which I initially wasn't too fussed about, I actually wanted a magic porthole room, but it was the best part of our experience. I do love the idea of lounging in the porthole just staring out to see though.

Your customised tumblers are awesome!

Great tip about watching the Sailing Away party from Deck 12, I'll remember that for next time.

I like the bag you ended up with more than the more expensive one! The shoppers are SO heavy. I am using mine for hand luggage and I think I am going to regret it but it cost so much I have to use it to justify the spends! I can't believe you bag broke, very unimpressed that Disney wouldn't help out, I am sure they have a little warranty card inside them.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List