Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Jan 18, 12:44 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A lovely morning at Animal Kingdom, what a shame your meal and drinks were so disappointing I would have been upset too. Glad that your fun evening in Epcot helped make the day better x

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Feb 18, 06:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I hate that when things don't go to plan you feel so deflated. Glad you all had a lovely day at AK and evening at Epcot that more than makes up for a rubbish couple of hours x
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 18, 12:47 AM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

So sad to hear about flying fish and abracadabar being so sub par, even mor3 as it was your last night 😢
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Feb 18, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDreamer81
Imagineer

DisneyDreamer81's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We had an awful experience at Flying Fish too, so I feel your pain. The service was dreadful and they forgot our desserts completely. Wouldn't go back!

Such a shame that the guy at Abracadabar didn't tell you that your drinks would come in plastic cups. To be honest, I'd probably have cried too!

Glad that Epcot lived up to expectations though. You cannot beat a bit of Illuminations
2015 - Disneymoon! Caribbean Beach Resort & Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress
2017 - Yacht Club & Disney Dream
DisneyDreamer81 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Feb 18, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
bambikate
VIP Dibber

bambikate's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 25
Originally Posted by florida girl View Post
A fun last day at AK. Shame about your meal so disappointing and then the drinks too I would have felt the same,you put so much effort into the planning. Those blue tongues 😄😄.

You have a lovely family and your girls always look so happy 😊.
Thank you! Yes it was a bit disappointing.

I know! 99% food colouring I think!

Aww thanks! TFR x

Originally Posted by DISNEYLIZ View Post
Another great day, except for the food, I would have cried too.
Ahh thank you! makes me feel better. TFR x

Originally Posted by mick View Post
What a shame your meal at Flying Fish wasn’t good when you had saved it for a last night special meal:

Your girls are lovely and after reading through your trippie I must say they have worn some lovely outfits

Joan
Thank you. Yes it was very disappointing. Ahh thank you very much! TFR x

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
Lovely day, shame about the meal at Flying Fish and drinks at Abracadabar, how sweet of your girls to try cheering you up. I always feel sad and tearful on the last evening too.

Your daughter's deserved their teddies as treats, they have been so good all holiday. They have inspired me to be braver next trip and ride Expedition Everest 😀. They have wonderful smiles and its obvious to see how much they have enjoyed the holiday 😊
Yes it was a shame. It's an emotional time!

Ahh thank you! You will love it I bet! TFR and commenting x

Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
A lovely last day at AK and watching illuminations.
A shame about flying fish and I get your disappointment about the drinks
Thank you! TFR x

Originally Posted by princess allie View Post
A lovely last day, shame about the meal and drinks. You made up for it at Epcot though. Are you not planning to go back for some time/at all?
Thank you! I've heard it's going to be replaced next year so very likely we won't see it again as we are not going to FL this year but Cali instead.

Thank you! TFR x

Originally Posted by Twinklestar1 View Post
I always suffer from mixed emotions on the last full day - I cannot help being teary!
What lovely memories seeing you all over the years in France x
Ahh thank you! TFR and commenting x

Originally Posted by moosha View Post
Can’t wait for FOP and Satu’li Canteen, both sound amazing.

The Minnie Van looks great as a special treat, I’m definitely going to look into it.

What a shame about Flying Fish, such a disappointment for your last night. We had our worst ever Disney meal there in 2015 so I can relate. We would never go back either, but it’s crazy how different your two recent experiences there were...seems to be the case pretty often with Disney restaurants and really the quality of service and food shouldn’t fluctuate as much as it does.

And Abracadabar...I’m not surprised you got upset after that on top of Flying Fish. I’d imagine I’d have cried too. I love the photo of Andy and the girls you took sat there, bless their smiling faces trying to cheer Mummy up .

So glad your night at Epcot redeemed the evening.

Freya loves Korilakkuma and Rilakkuma (she’s obsessed with Japanese culture) and nearly exploded when she saw the girls’ teddies so Korilakkuma is top of her list for her holiday spends this year.

Great report Kate, as always, thanks for sharing .
They really are you will love them both!

yeah it was really fun!

I can't believe how many other people have had bad experiences! Unbelievable!

Ahh thank you! Yes it was really sweet of them trying to cheer me up! I felt so silly crying over a drink!

Aww does she? I love Kawaii stuff! Would love to visit Tokyo and of course Tokyo Disney one day! Hope she manages to pick one up! TFR x

Originally Posted by LadyDebs86 View Post
Really love the report I've been binging over the past few days and its wonderful. As a childless person I normally avoid reports with children however I always really enjoy yours.

Real shame about Abracadabar and I think in your position I would have had a little cry too even though its maybe a little bit irrational, everything is heightened on your last night!

Just as an aside, they changed the recipe of the Seashore Sweet a while ago so they don't use cotton candy even if you're inside. It just contains 'cotton candy syrup'. I was gutted when we were there last April as I was looking forward to it and it was a total let down!
Aww thank you so much!

It is all heightened you're right. Oh really? Rubbish! That's disappointing! At least we didn't miss out that much then! TFR x

Originally Posted by Gill247 View Post
Aw bless I think I would have cried too if I didn't get the cocktail I'd been planning for so long!
I'm so glad to see your evening ended on a high though! x
Yeah it was a big disappointment! TFR x

Originally Posted by lumosq102 View Post
I think Flying Fish is going through a bad patch. We had a very similar experience in September and really wish we had complained too. Such a shame as it used to be a favourite, but it will be a long while before we darken their door again.

So pleased the night was saved by Illuminations. What night couldn't be saved by Illuminations? Always a joy.

Your family is adorable btw, your TR has been a delight to read
yeah it must be! It's not good for a signature to be so hit and miss!

Aww thank you for your lovely comment! TFR x

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Aah, the last day is always a bit of a tearjerker! Love the old photos, you've got 2 beautiful girls. Doesn't time fly, my oh my they are growing up.
It is! Aww thank you! TFR x

Originally Posted by sheluk View Post
Last day sad times

How rubbish about your final meal. Glad the Epcot eats helped salvage the evening. We had the same rubbish experience at abracarbar (sp?) even sat inside, wouldn’t bother again.

What a fab view from your hotel too, shame it was found on the last night but then again you had a brill view fo m your room anyway xx
Yeah it was a bit rubbish Oh no really? That's rubbish! TFR x

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Shame about your meal 😔
Thank you x

Originally Posted by smithlane View Post
Such a shame about your last meal, if it makes you feel any better I always cry on our last night too! Too many emotions
I'm glad you managed to salvage the evening with Illuminations, that's the memory you should hold on to
It was a shame. Ohh yeah me too! Thank you we will TFR x

Originally Posted by mouselover22 View Post
Ah that's such a shame about your meal, and with it being on your last night 😢 At least Epcot made up for it a little bit 😊

Thanks for the tip about the Minnie Van, so cool
I know TFR glad I could help! X

Originally Posted by Palm trees View Post
I've just finished reading your trip report (have already read your journey home day(s), must have missed this one) It's been a great read with a nice balance of ride stories, food stories, photos and other info. You really brought your holiday to life for me
Ahh thanks so much! I'm glad you liked it! TFR x

Originally Posted by orlandosgr8 View Post
A lovely morning at Animal Kingdom, what a shame your meal and drinks were so disappointing I would have been upset too. Glad that your fun evening in Epcot helped make the day better x
Thank you! It was a shame. TFR x

Originally Posted by Excitedx4 View Post
I hate that when things don't go to plan you feel so deflated. Glad you all had a lovely day at AK and evening at Epcot that more than makes up for a rubbish couple of hours x
yeah definitely! TFR and commenting x

Originally Posted by KittyBlackDog View Post
So sad to hear about flying fish and abracadabar being so sub par, even mor3 as it was your last night 😢
Yeah I was shocked! TFR x

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
We had an awful experience at Flying Fish too, so I feel your pain. The service was dreadful and they forgot our desserts completely. Wouldn't go back!

Such a shame that the guy at Abracadabar didn't tell you that your drinks would come in plastic cups. To be honest, I'd probably have cried too!

Glad that Epcot lived up to expectations though. You cannot beat a bit of Illuminations
Oh no! Really? I can't believe how hit and miss it is!

Glad it wasn't just me being OTT, you spend months planning and then something like that happens! Yes, I love Illuminations <3

TFR x

IG: _disneykate_
YouTube: DisneyKate
bambikate is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 18, 05:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Helen0705
Imagineer

Helen0705's Reviews
Oh there's a shame about your meal at Flying Fish and the drinks at Abracadabar - but rounded off with a lovely evening at Epcot.
Helen0705 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 18, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
margyloveswdw
Deck 4, Disney Wonder

margyloveswdw's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Aw, what a shame you were so disappointed by your last meal especially when you've had some fantastic ones.

Up to this point the day had been yet another good one!
margyloveswdw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 18, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa29
VIP Dibber

Lisa29's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 344
Guidebook Reviews: 8
What a shame your dinner wasn't good - I have been known to get upset on holiday too, when you are looking forward to something so much and it's a letdown, it is upsetting. Especially on the last night of the holiday. Looks like Epcot made up for it though.

Great photos again today.x

MY TRIP AND DINING REPORTS - July 2023 Ten (Not So) Little Ones Take the Adults ~~ Onsite/Offsite Dining Report - July 2023 - 4 people - £168 budget per day plus tips ~~ Another Birthday Trip, October 2019 ~~ The Land, Sea and Wedding Trip Report, October 2015 ~~. Sept / Oct 2013 Five Little Ones Take the Adults
IG - Lisas29 and familyanddisney

00 / 01 / 04 / 07 /Xmas 08 / 10 / 13 / 15 / 17 / 19 / 23
Lisa29 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 18, 10:47 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thanks for the tip regarding using the Minnie van, we’re thinking of ditching the car once they start charging for parking so we’ll need this for dining.

What a shame about your meal, it definitely doesn’t look like a Signature dish.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

Boo to the Magical Express Transportation Notice!

What a shame about your Flying Fish meal, and then your disappointing drinks - I'm not surprised you were upset. Its upsetting when things don't go as planned, especially on your last night. I'm glad though that the evening finished off better for you at Epcot.
mrsdjh is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List