Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Apr 18, 11:33 AM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Star Wars, Bar Bores and No Chores...28 August 2017 - Day 11 - finally managed a fastpass for FOP!

Today’s plans originally included Ohana at 8.15pm, Lunch at Saana at Kindani village 1.05pm and also a few fastpasses which were Kali river rapids 9.35am, Avatar flight of passage 10.35am and Expedition Everest at 11.30am.

Again, we discussed things the night before and while the children were looking forward to a trip to AK again for Flights of Passage, they were really unimpressed at the thought of Ohana and Saana, so plans were altered. Not for one minute did I expect when I spent months planning the trip, that we would change things so often, I guess I underestimated the power of five people, including three hormonal teens combined with the Florida heat…

We did however start the day at the Riverside Mill food court, with three packets of crisps (chips) a portion of pancakes and a waffle bounty platter and I had a yoghurt parfait before driving to Animal kingdom (we had decided on shopping later).

We did however have a fabulous morning at AS and it was incredibly hot today. We stopped after riding Everest at the Anandapur Bus for coke and root beer floats, and we had 87 snack credits remaining. We loved flights of passage and we left the park on an absolute high.

We couldn’t leave without buying another night blossom and a lumpia which cost $11.27, we had 90 snack credits left. I thought the lumpia was a bit too sweet and too messy, I wouldn’t buy one again but the night blossom really hit the spot!

What can I say, FOP was worth waiting for, and we are all massive fans of everything Pandora related and look forward to riding again one day, brilliant ride and just so Disney...

We had already decided we fancied some more shopping today, so we made our way to the outlet malls. Joe really fancied some trainers and everyone wanted to buy some souvenirs for family and friends.

Tia and Cole bought something first, from the Disney Character Warehouse and that was a nightmare before Christmas ornamental wreath which was a bargain at $5.99 with tax – $6.

At the Vineland Road outlets, Joe also bought some size 8 black Nike trainers for school, they were a bargain at $49.99 tax $3.25 total $53.24.

I was delighted with a total bargain at the Michael Kors outlet, again this was the Vineland Avenue Premium Outlets and the bag cost $378 RRP and with the promotion price plus an extra 20% off I paid $128.82 which I was delighted with.

You will notice the bag is joined by a purse later in the trip (I'm skipping ahead here) more on that tomorrow..

Joe and I also used a buy ‘$10 dollars, spend £20 dollars’ gift vouchers I’d found on the US Groupon site for some Ben and Jerrys ice cream – delicious but our double scoops couldn’t cope with the heat today.

When we needed a break from the schooling we went to Steak and Shake and also used a similar voucher which meant lunch was a total bargain and it was a very welcome break from the heat just before 4pm.

We all had burger (or similar meals) I had a really delicious milkshake and everyone else had a root beer or a coke, and the total was $31.48 – some of our food also attracted other discounts of $5.18.

The total spend was then $26.30 tax $1.71 total $28.01. If you have managed to follow all that maths lesson, using the gift card meant we had a balance of just $8.01. Delighted with this we left $20 to include the tip.

Service had been very slow, but this was no fault of the server, he had an awful lot of people to serve!

At tea time we rounded off our shopping with a trip round Walmart. We spent a total cost of $124.88 which included tax of $8.30. Our haul included a craft knife, blades (don’t get worried folks these were for Antony’s studio and are just superior quality to similar priced ones in the UK), a head wrap/headband thingy I wanted for a friend, some paint, a make-up palette, bb cream, and some clothes (namely four mens t-shirts) some underwear, a backpack Tia wanted for college, a handbag she liked and some cereal for Antony (he has a thing about marshmallow mateys and they were in a convenient zipped plastic carrier thingy so easy to bring home).

We spent at least two hours in Walmart, and Antony’s final selection was a P70 VR drone $129 dollars with tax $9.68 his total spent was $138.68.

While we were in there the small people saw an airbrush shop where they made t shirts and the like and they really wanted them, despite it being over an hours wait for them. We were not impressed, but it was their choice, it was nearly 5.30pm by this time so we were anxious to stop shopping and get back to the resort. We did indulge them though and waited for the t-shirts to be printed, the shop is called “Big Airbrunch” and it is at 3250 Vineland Road and the t shirts cost a whopping $32.25 each!

Everyone had decided they did not want a TS meal tonight and they wanted to swim and chill at the resort, so we asked if they minded and as they didn’t and wanted to eat at the Riverside Mill tonight, and Antony and I booked a table for two at Boatwrights.

We really liked the relaxed atmosphere at Boatwrights, I wasn’t sure if this was because it was our home resort, or it if was due to the fact it wasn’t packed to the rafters like many TS restaurants, but we did really enjoy our evening and it was nice knowing the children were close by.

To start we shared a salad $5.99 and some fried green tomatoes $10. We then had a risotto $23 and a chicken with dumpling $23 and to finish we shared a crème brulee at $7.

To drink we enjoyed a southern hurricane at $10.50, and an abita amber draft at $8.50, and Antony also tried am abita purple draft at $8.50, while I had a root beer. The total to pay OOP (with tip) was $62.83 which was very reasonable and we really enjoyed everything.

Lovely bread too!

We then joined the children for a quick drink at the bar while we all played a couple of games of cards and listened to some live entertainment (not bob sadly).

We ended the day by popping to the shops where we bought a couple of souvenirs and also used another nine snack credits on mountain mix, fruit nut mix etc.

The children had had a nice evening too and had some of their beloved chicken tenders from Riverside Mill and a few drinks after some swimming.

At this point I was horrified to note from my receipt that we had 45 quick service meals and 10 snacks remaining – we had a lot of work to do on those credits!

Day 12

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power

Edited at 07:32 AM. Reason: add photos
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, Michael Kors is my fave shop, got great bargains last time and can't wait to get back

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Apr 18, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Me too am just back from a quick trip to New York with some friends and best bargain was the new IPad (looks like Rose Gold colour) that was less than £300 and has been put to one side for a birthday surprise.

Sadly no Michael Kors outlet bargains that trip and nothing from Tiffany as I'm saving hard for Texas later this year... Was lovely and warm but not Florida temp sadly but am seriously thinking of combining a couple of days NYC with Orlando for the next trip... (Always dreaming always planning)

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List