Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 27 May 19, 09:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Universal Express Unlimited

Hello!

I’m looking at getting Universal Express Unlimited. I have a few questions I’m hoping fellow dibbers can help with..

Express Unlimited doesn’t appear on the UK website for Universal. Only the US site and the price for our day is $700 for four of us! Are they not available to purchase in the UK in advance? Are they cheaper at the gate?

I’ve looked at booking one night at a Universal hotel and it’s much cheaper and includes the Express Unlimited. What day do they give you for the express passes. Is it for the day you check in or for your next day? We are staying in a villa so wouldn’t bother using the room anyway, just check in to get the passes, so could I check in at 9am on day of arrival at the hotel and get passes for that day?

Thanks in advance!
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Mary A
Imagineer

Mary A's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
You get 2 days folp with 1 nights hotel stay - check in & check out day

First visit 1989, last visit March 19. Next holiday Washington, Key West & Orlando May 20. Planning Hawaii for March 21
Mary A is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
lyn1
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Djcraigod View Post
Hello!

I’m looking at getting Universal Express Unlimited. I have a few questions I’m hoping fellow dibbers can help with..

Express Unlimited doesn’t appear on the UK website for Universal. Only the US site and the price for our day is $700 for four of us! Are they not available to purchase in the UK in advance? Are they cheaper at the gate?

I’ve looked at booking one night at a Universal hotel and it’s much cheaper and includes the Express Unlimited. What day do they give you for the express passes. Is it for the day you check in or for your next day? We are staying in a villa so wouldn’t bother using the room anyway, just check in to get the passes, so could I check in at 9am on day of arrival at the hotel and get passes for that day?

Thanks in advance!
As far as I know it's for the day you check in and the day you check out, so 2 days.
Old 27 May 19, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
rafjen
Apprentice Imagineer

rafjen's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We did the same while at a villa. We did use the room though- extra mini holiday in the holiday. It was brilliant just walking back to the room after the theme park. We got our passes about 7am and headed straight to the park for early opening. They texted later when then room was ready.
rafjen is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Tinkjon
Imagineer

Tinkjon's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 7
Yes, definitely get passes for check=-in and check-out day. I'd recommend staying in the hotel though, even with a villa. You save on petrol, can get there earlier and get an hour's early park entry. We always stay in a villa but stay for 2 nights at Royal Pacfic Resort and it's my favourite part of the holiday! Having a cocktail by the pool at the end of the day is glorious. And sooooo much easier to walk to the park in 10 mins, rather than fighting with the I4!
Tinkjon is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
posie_f
Gone all Goofy

Yeah def 2 days - we do this every year. Works if you book RPR, hard rock, and Portofino Bay, but not cabana bay or sapphire falls

Lisa x
posie_f is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:05 AM  
Link to this Post
lorr05
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Mobile

They aren’t any cheaper at the gate. As far as I know you can prebook on the us website but you have to pick which day you will be visiting. We tend to just judge the weather and pay at the gate as we don’t want to pay for the express pass on a day that could be stormy meaning a lot of rides could be off.
If you are paying for 4 of you a hotel definitely seems like your cheapest option.
lorr05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Djcraigod
Excited about Disney

Which hotel is the cheapest option? Loews RPR?
Djcraigod is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Vinniecat
Imagineer

I would also recommend that you stay the night in the hotel. We did it one year and then went back for 9 nights the next year and this year we are doing a week. I never thought I would be converted from a villa but loved the Hard rock. The easy access to the parks and city walk made for a much more relaxing holiday.
Vinniecat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 May 19, 10:09 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Djcraigod View Post
Hello!

Thanks in advance!
We checked in at about 7am and were ready at the park for opening. It would be a shame not to use the room as the hotels are lovely. Just took a weekend bag between us and stored with reception. We went back to the room at about 4ish, had a swim and went back to the park after a couple of hours rest Back in the park for opening the next day. The passes are valid for the 2 days and are unlimited. Parking fee is also valid for both days whereas if you come from villa you will pay 2 days parking.

This was so worth it being in the park at opening and also having the pass, we did all the rides multiple times. Did feel a little bad going back on the rides and seeing some people still in the queue.

Edited to say we stayed at Hard Rock. If you collect Tesco vouchers I’m sure you can use them at hotel.com

Edited at 10:12 AM.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List