Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 18 Sep 20, 06:38 AM  
Link to this Post
hilz22
Imagineer

Playstation 5

Morning Dibbers!
Did anyone manage to bag a ps5 pre order yesterday.
I need 3, one for each child for each child. Dh at the moment will be referenced as a child) Christmas couldn’t even secure a pre order for 1
Any success out there?

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn't do than by the ones you did do' -just saying
hilz22 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Fraser789
Very Serious Dibber

It's crazy how quick they sold out! Sony didn't really give much notice of when the pre orders were going live.

I'm getting the new Xbox but you can't pre order until next week. I'm hoping I can get one! Good luck finding 3!
Fraser789 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 06:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Oh dear... I think I know less than you.🙈
I didn’t realise I’d have to pre-order. DS12 was debating whether he’d like one for Christmas but didn’t want to get one if his friends aren’t getting one as he’ll have no one to play on it. Is that still the case? You can’t play with people online if you have a 4 and they have a 5?

Anyway... if you can’t get one, I guess it’s all a mute point. Not being a gamer, I have no idea why he’d need a PS5 when the PS4 works perfectly well.
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post
It's crazy how quick they sold out! Sony didn't really give much notice of when the pre orders were going live.

I'm getting the new Xbox but you can't pre order until next week. I'm hoping I can get one! Good luck finding 3!
The other son wants one of those.🙈🙈
Rac20 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:08 AM  
Link to this Post
travelbug0456
Getting Excited

My son managed to get one online from Currys eventually after 2.5hrs queueing online. I would say can't understand queueing that long ... but then I did exactly that on day park res system opened!
travelbug0456 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
mrsnicola
Very Serious Dibber

Hi
Just ordered from Argos this morning x
mrsnicola is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:14 AM  
Link to this Post
ziggyzag
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rac20 View Post
Oh dear... I think I know less than you.🙈
I didn’t realise I’d have to pre-order. DS12 was debating whether he’d like one for Christmas but didn’t want to get one if his friends aren’t getting one as he’ll have no one to play on it. Is that still the case? You can’t play with people online if you have a 4 and they have a 5?

Anyway... if you can’t get one, I guess it’s all a mute point. Not being a gamer, I have no idea why he’d need a PS5 when the PS4 works perfectly well.
They won't be making anymore games for the PS4
ziggyzag is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:17 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Fraser789 View Post

Has details of the new x box come out yet? Any idea on price?
Thanks
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Rac20
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ziggyzag View Post
They won't be making anymore games for the PS4
Guess why that explains he’ll need a PS5 then.😬 Now you’ve said it, I realise that I probably knew that.😅
Old 18 Sep 20, 07:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Has details of the new x box come out yet? Any idea on price?
Thanks
Both the PS5 and the Xbox are £450. Both are doing a 'reduced' version for less. I think the PS is £100 less but no disc drive (so can't buy trade in games that lots do). The Xbox is cheaper again.

The PS graphics is far supplier but families tend to be one or the other.

DH pre-ordered yesterday from Amazon. Went in sale at 9am and done within minutes.

I believe Argos were taking full payment last night but other stores the night before despatch.

If you want an Xbox have multiple devices open ready to preorder on launch day. A quick Google says 8am next Tuesday but please check yourself as I'd hate to give duff info.
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List