Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jun 14, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post

Never in 30yrs. have had to ask for the manager until tonight

Eating, well trying to eat at Bob Evans tonight as we had been given a Father's Day voucher. We were seated and the server from the night before brought the drinks we ordered and said she would be back.
A few minutes later a large party of 8 adults entered. Said server proceded to take their full drinks and meal order. We waited thinking she would return for our order but no. We waited 20 mins but nothing. DH went to the desk and asked for the manger. She came to the table listened to our explanation and was visibly shocked. We stated we were leaving and offered to pay for the drinks which she said wasn't neccesary and gave us a $25 voucher for/towards a meal at another time.
Call me cynical but I think she thought she would get larger tip from the group but she only managed to shoot herself in the foot. We gave her a 20% tip last night. I wouldn't want to be around when the manager speaks to her.
We had very nice egg, bacon and cheese sarnies in Waffle House!

Edited at 04:09 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Serves her right!
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 06:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Fieryannie
Imagineer

Good on you... We should do more of this...

xxx
Animal Kingdom Lodge - HRH - Aug/Sept 2012
All Star Music Resort - June/July 2009
Fieryannie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
buryboy
Imagineer

Whilst 20 minutes is a long time , did you actually do anything to grab her attention during that time ?
Is it possible she just forgot / thought she had already taken your full order ?
Seems a bit dramatic to me to get the manager and said you were leaving when from what is written, you did not give her an opportunity to apologise / explain
buryboy is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
chelseyleigh
Imagineer

chelseyleigh's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
Originally Posted by buryboy View Post
Whilst 20 minutes is a long time , did you actually do anything to grab her attention during that time ?
Is it possible she just forgot / thought she had already taken your full order ?
Seems a bit dramatic to me to get the manager and said you were leaving when from what is written, you did not give her an opportunity to apologise / explain
sorry but i have to agree here, As i waitress myself i can understand when you may get distracted by a large table entering, large tables can often require a lot of attention and sometimes its just easier to get there order out of the way first so they can pay more attention on the other tables
Old 16 Jun 14, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
I would have caught the attention of the waitress before complaining to the manager. IMO, the waitress probably forgot about the OP order, mistakes happen.
Old 16 Jun 14, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Heather1957
Imagineer

Originally Posted by chelseyleigh View Post
sorry but i have to agree here, As i waitress myself i can understand when you may get distracted by a large table entering, large tables can often require a lot of attention and sometimes its just easier to get there order out of the way first so they can pay more attention on the other tables
I sort of agree here - with a larger order it will obviously take more time so I think the server was actually doing a good job.

I can understand the ops frustration but I can see there was method in the perceived madness.
Old 16 Jun 14, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Helly
Excited about Disney

Helly's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
I agree with this. I think I would've tried to call her over, or ask another member of staff if we could order before asking for the manager. I'm a forgetful person so always assume others are a bit like me. However, saying that, we had a 'not great' experience at Bob Evans in October. I think it's worth just putting it down to a one-off and giving it another try on another day.

The egg, bacon and cheese sarnies sound delish though Enjoy the rest of your hol x
Helly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyPete
Very Serious Dibber

I second calling her over /getting her attention as we all get distracted when we are busy.
If all that failed -then yes, the manager but I tend to give the waiting staff a chance.
DisneyPete is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 12:54 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

but clearly the op is not a serial complainer,ie. once in 35 years! ,they must have felt strongly to have a case to complain to the manager,im sure if other servers were passing,they would have asked.
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread