Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Closed Thread

Old 16 Jun 14, 07:45 AM  
Link to this Post
quiddity
Apprentice Imagineer

quiddity's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile what radio do you listen to?

Just wondering what stations & programs you all listen to.

I know my habits have changed! In my teens it was always radio 1, loves mark & lard! But then that changed so I hardly listened to any (though followed mark to radio 2).
Now I'm constantly listening to radio 6! I love the diversity & the push of new bands. Marks still there, there's Stuart maconies freak zone (which is bizarre!) & craig Charles's funk & soul show (gonna see it live at the willowman festival this week! ).
Add to that bob Fischer on BBC tees (full of BBC introducing & local bands), Alan robson on metro (have listened to his call in show for about 25 years!)
Online I listen to the uk 1940s radio station, folk radio uk & a great Disney station called V24 which has songs & sounds from around the parks ☺
7/2/12-9/2/12 cheyenne DLP for 1st time!
28/09/12-12/10/12 clarion inn LBV again again!
quiddity is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 07:47 AM  
Link to this Post
nickimiz
Imagineer

Always used to be Radio 1 when I was (a lot) younger, sunday evening listening to the chart countdown was a must ! now I listen mostly to Heart or recently have switched to Smooth radio, all the older tracks - must be getting old !
Old 16 Jun 14, 07:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaikagen
Imagineer

We listen to the local station signal 1. Its on permanently in our kitchen, turning it on is one of the first thinhs I do in the morning and turning off is the last thing. I love the mix of music. Some new some old, and they do "themed" weekends every weekend too
Old 16 Jun 14, 07:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Jedi Princess
Imagineer

Mobile

Absolute Classic Rock, Planet Rock or Classic FM.

Absolute is always on in the morning for the Christian O'Connell breakfast show. Then vary between the 3 stations throughout the day. 😃
Old 16 Jun 14, 08:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jessyka1990
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

I love listening to galaxy, which os now capital lol
(That name just hasnt caught on for me)

Used to listen to radio 1 till chris moyles left
Jessyka1990 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 08:30 AM  
Link to this Post
stationeryguru
Imagineer

stationeryguru's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 5
Always Radio 1 back in the day when it was Simon Bates, Noel Edmonds etc but now it's the local station. The radio is always on in our house, even more so now as I work from home. DH works shifts, DD has flown the nest so the radio & 3 cats that keep me company when hubby is at work or in bed after he has finished nights

1989 - Disneymoon, 1991 - QIP & Indian Rocks, 1993 - MIC Lakefront & St Pete's, 1998 - QII & St Pete's Beach, 2001 - ASM, 2003 - QII & Clearwater, 2005 - CBR, 2007 - QIP, 2009 - Dibb Villa Crimbo, 2010 - POFQ, 2011 - Orange Lake Resort, 2012 - Enclave Suites, 2013 Dibb villa, 2014 - Vistana Villages, 2015 - Bahama Bay, 2016 - Bahama Bay, 2017 UC for our 50th + Dibb Villa
stationeryguru is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

I listen to Heart going to work but I can't bear JK and Lucy on Heart drive time when I am going home, so I listen to Asbolute 80's then.

I normally have Heart on if I am in the car during the weekend.
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 08:37 AM  
Link to this Post

Radio one for me but I feel I am rapidly outgrowing their demographic! Hanging on to my youth (desperately)
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Jun 14, 08:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Local (Radio Shropshire), Radio 2, 5Live or Absolute, although I do tend get annoyed with the amount of Beatles songs on Absolute.

Growing up it was always Radio 1, but one day I was listening to Moyles and thought 'I'm to old for this **** ', so re-tuned to 2 and have never been back. For the record I have always hated local commercial radio even from it's early days and as for stations like Heart
Old 16 Jun 14, 08:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Neil & Stella
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Originally Posted by Englishrose View Post
Radio one for me but I feel I am rapidly outgrowing their demographic!
You must be nearly 13 then