Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 May 16, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Aimee and Lauren's Split Year Split Stay Part One- February 2016- Day 5

Hi guys, sorry this day is long overdue! I know I'm behind on replying to comments and pm's too but I really wanted to get this day finished this weekend but I'll catch up! This day is really picture heavy so may take a while to load! Hope you enjoy reading!

Day 5- Thursday 18th February 2016- Universal, Hard Rock Cafe and Universal at night

We had already reached the last full day of the trip! Unbelievably it hadn't gone fast at all! At this point travel day felt like forever ago!

We were all up around 6:30 today. Lauren and I spotted people out running from the window! We both agreed that the only reason we'd ever be out running at this time on a holiday would be if there was food involved hehe.

Mum and Dad had decided to skip early entry today and meet us at Universal around 9 so Lauren and I got ready and left at 7:10. We made sure Mum and Dad knew where to meet us before heading out!

We love this quote!

Today was probably the coldest morning of the trip, I was fine in my shorts and sandals but we definitely needed jumpers/hoodies today!

As we were so early we walked again today and after a quick bag check we were heading through the Universal arches at 7:30.

The lines weren’t too bad and for once we managed to pick one where everyone had signed their tickets and could remember which finger they needed to scan hehe.

The opening speech was read at 7:40 and they started to let us in!

They held everyone by a rope up near Minions for a couple of minutes before letting people walk up to Rip Ride Rockit to show room keys.

We headed up to Diagon Alley along with everyone else! We left our bags in the Gringotts lockers and headed inside to queue. It was only a 5 minute wait and we were back in the park by 8:10! We were in the front cart again so the slope at the start wasn’t as steep today hehe.

The wait time had jumped up to 20 minutes when we finished so we decided to have a wander around Diagon Alley and Knockturn Alley while it was still fairly quiet! Sorry for the photo overload!

We popped into a couple of the shops! Wiseacre's Wizarding Supplies first where I was tempted by this plaque but it was fairly pricey so I left it!

We also stopped in Weasley's Wizard Wheezes and saw the fireworks in the 'window' in the ceiling! Stand fairly central in the room and look up to see them! Love little details like that!

We had a look in Quality Quidditch Supplies too but didn't buy anything.

We went to Ollivanders next as I'd decided I wanted to buy Snape's wand!

I bought a regular wand which cost $42.55. The interactive ones were about $10 more.

I was so happy to have one of the Ollivanders bags!

Our last stop was the robe shop followed by a few more photo opportunities hehe.

Continued below...

*Link to my Trip Reports*
xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 08:57 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
[B]…Continued[B]

We were both feeling a bit peckish by this point. We were quite tempted to go to the Leaky Cauldron to get a kids breakfast but even a kids pancake meal cost nearly $13 which was more than we wanted to spend!

Instead we decided to pop into Sugar Plums Sweet Treats for a yummy sugar fix for breakfast!

Lauren picked the chocolate/vanilla swirl fudge and I couldn't resist trying the butterbeer fudge! They cost $4.21 each.

We headed over to our new favourite spot in Diagon Alley, the steps in front of the stage where the tale of the 3 brothers is performed!

The shows didn't start until later in the morning so the steps were free for people to sit on!

It had warmed up quite a bit now thankfully so it was beautiful sitting relaxing in the sunshine eating yummy fudge and listening to the lovely Harry Potter area music! This was another of my favourite moments!

We both enjoyed our fudge! I much preferred the butterbeer fudge to the butterbeer ice cream but nothing will compare to the proper drink!

Neither of us could finish it so we wrapped them up and took them away for later. Unfortunately I put mine in the fridge back at HRH. It wasn't until we were getting in the car to leave for the airport that I realised I'd left it in there. There was nearly half of it left, I was gutted! That still haunts me to this day hehe.

It was 8:50 by now so we decided to start making our way back to Minion Mayhem which is where we'd arranged to meet Mum and Dad. We walked through the little New York back street area on the way to check out the theming.

Mardi Gras theming!

So gutted this wasn’t open!

They'd ended up leaving earlier than planned so had been in the park for a while. We said they should have come up to see us in Diagon Alley to share the fudge with us but they were worried they wouldn't be able to find us.

Mum had been wearing her Sketchers Go Walks all week that I'd bought her for Christmas after seeing them come highly recommended on the Dibb! Unfortunately they'd started to rub a little the day before so she was in trainers today. She'd been making us giggle all week by calling them Go Pro's hehe.

Our reason for meeting outside MM was that we'd yet to ride it this trip! Lauren and I hadn't been that taken with it last year as it throws you around so much and we came off feeling a bit battered! We were worried Mum and Dad might not enjoy it so we'd left it until later in the trip.

We used our express passes and walked on up to the pre-show! I love the theming in the queue area, Lauren even spotted a tiny Minion door!

Mum and Dad really enjoyed it and even Lauren and I thought it was a lot better this year!

We also hadn't been on Simpsons yet as the wait for this had been a little tedious last year even with express passes so we decided to head there next.

At this time in the morning it was only a 15 minute standby wait so we walked on with the express passes up to the pre-show bit.

We love this ride! Mum and Dad hadn't been on this before and both enjoyed it although said they preferred Minions! Lauren and I definitely prefer the Simpsons though!

We walked up to Men in Black next. We shoved our stuff into lockers, the wand I'd bought only just fitted in! It was a 15 minute standby wait but again we walked on in the express line!

These kinds of rides are always good fun to go on as a family, although some members of ours are a little more competitive than others, saying no names *cough* Lauren *cough* hehe.

Mum scored around 35,000, Dad only got 13,835 and Lauren and I both got the red button bonus. I scored 135,850 but she beat me by loads with 327,900 so she was happy hehe. I joked that she must have looked up how to get a high score online which is what she accused me of on Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin when I beat her hehe.

We still had ages left on the locker before we had to pay so we decided to go on again!

It was another walk on in the express line! Scores this time around were-

A- 120,325
M- 14,475
D- 23,325
L- 372,525

Lauren was very pleased with her double win hehe.

It was 10:15 by the time we grabbed our stuff from the lockers.

We'd reached the point of the trip I couldn't avoid any longer! Revenge of the Mummy!

Mum and I were both nervous. She and Dad hadn't been on it before and I'd been terrified on it last year!

We wandered over that way via muggle London so I took a couple more pictures just for good measure hehe.

Continued below…

xAimeex is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

It was a 25 minute wait standby but we walked on in the express line. No time to worry about it!

One thing I do really like about this ride (and Gringotts) is how secure the restraints feel. I like that they hold your legs in.

I have to hold my hands up (figuratively of course, I was clinging on for dear life on the ride! ) and admit that it wasn't as bad as I remembered! I still screamed which caused me to cough at one point and I was really struggling to catch my breath which was a bit scary!

However now I know where the drops are I was prepared for them. It definitely wasn't as bad as Space Mountain!

Dad and even Mum loved it too! Lauren of course loved it, this was one of her favourites last year!

We all decided to go on again, even me! Brave soldier girl I was today!

This will sound silly but it does amaze me how far I've come since my totally wimpy days where I wouldn't even go on Spider-Man because of the simulated drop! I still have my limits and I won't be going on Rip Ride Rockit or Tower of Terror anytime soon but I was proud of myself for getting over my fear of Revenge of the Mummy!

It was a couple of minutes wait this time as more people were in the express line but we all enjoyed the ride again! I managed not to scream too much this time!

We finished here at 10:55. Lauren really wanted Dad to come on Rip Ride Rockit with her as she didn't want to ride it alone again like last year. Dad wasn't really up for it. Lauren's such a trooper, she agreed to give it a miss. I felt bad for her as I do feel responsible seeing as I'll probably always be too much of a wimp for a ride like that.

Mum had seen a churro stand earlier and really fancied one so we wandered back up to the stand near Men in Black to get one.

It cost $4.25 and Mum, Dad and I shared it between us. Lauren hates cinnamon unfortunately so Dad grabbed some crisps to share with her. We were planning to eat lunch at Hard Rock Café today do didn't want to fill up too much (although I wish I had!)

As we were not far from it we decided to go on ET again next.

It was a 30 minute standby wait but only 5 minutes in the express line.

It was a nice ride as always, I especially like the beginning where it feels like you're actually in the film!

We were in the back row again today and didn't hear our names this time either! Lauren and I were sitting further forward last year and heard them then so maybe it's to do with being right at the back.

Our next stop was a new ride for all of us! Transformers! Lauren and I hadn't bothered with this last year as there were other things we wanted to do more but we were looking forward to trying it out this year.

It was a 60 minute standby wait but we were on in less than 10 with the express passes!

It was a really good ride although as we'd been told basically identical to Spider-man over in IoA just with Transformers rather than Spidey!

Lauren and I actually think the Transformers are a bit creepy, especially the ones you can meet outside the ride, although we do like Bumblebee!

Bumblebee!

We were about to head out of the park for lunch now when I suddenly realised I'd left $30 worth of Hard Rock Vouchers back in the room!

When we first booked HRH I'd signed up to the VIP club which cost around $29.95.

However about a week later they announced they were doing away with the current VIP scheme and starting something different. Because I'd paid they sent me $30 worth of vouchers (although the VIP card was still valid until May of this year).

Before this we hadn't really planned to eat at Hard Rock Cafe but the vouchers could be spent there (or in the gift shop at any Hard Rock premises). As I'm such a good daughter/sister I'd decided to put my vouchers towards a meal at HRC hehe.

We were all excited to eat here however it ended up being the most disappointing meal of the week but I'll get back to that!

I was really annoyed with myself for forgetting the vouchers! The beauty of staying at HRH was that we were so close that it was feasible for me to walk back, collect the vouchers and then return to the entrance of the park!

Lauren was kind enough to offer to come with me so we agreed to meet Mum and Dad outside of HRC! It was a beautiful temperature out now so they were more than happy to sit on a bench in the sunshine!

Lauren and I took the 5 or so minute walk back to the hotel. Lauren sat on a bench outside while I ran up to the room to get the vouchers.

While I was gone Lauren had an odd experience! She was sitting soaking up the sunshine when an official looking man and woman approached her and asked if she was staying there.

She told them that she was and they asked if she'd mind using her room key to open the back door for them as they were security.

As I said they had uniforms on but Lauren thought it odd that they didn't have a key card themselves.

She let them in as they seemed genuine and to be honest if they were just trying to gain access to the hotel they could have walked around to the front and strolled in through the main entrance.

We wondered whether maybe they were doing research into whether people would allow others entrance to the hotel with their key cards. The majority of the time the door was only locked at night though so it was strange that it was closed in the day at all.

A very odd experience!

We headed back along the walkway towards bag check.

It was empty at this time of day so we got through quickly and were soon back at Hard Rock Cafe to meet Mum and Dad at 12:30!

We hadn't booked in advance but it was fairly quiet in there at this time. We had a table not far from the Pink Cadillac!

Mum was pleased as we were sitting next to Richie Sambora's guitar! She's a big Bon Jovi fan!

We had a very average server in here. He had a huge party on the table next to us (that ordered starters, main courses and some had alcohol) that he was also serving. You could tell he knew where the biggest (guaranteed!) tip was coming from let's put it that way! He couldn't do enough for them whereas we Brits don't 'understand about tipping'. If you've read any of my previous reports you'll know how I feel about servers explaining the concept of tipping to me!

I showed him the vouchers just to make sure it was ok to use them. He said it was and then started to rush us for our drinks order when we'd barely even looked at the menu!

I really felt that he wanted us in and out of there as quickly as possible so he could focus on the large party next to us.

He was soon back to take our food order.

He really got on my nerves here. Lauren wanted the original legend burger which is served with cheese, bacon and an onion ring. Lauren doesn't like bacon so asked if she could have it without any.

His reply was "I'll just bring you the cheeseburger then".

Umm no! She didn't order the cheeseburger did she! Grr I was biting my tongue! :angry:

She agreed but it meant she didn't have the onion ring. If that had been my order he'd have written down exactly what I'd asked for, not told me what I was having! Goodness knows who he thought he was, telling her he’d bring her something different to what she’d just ordered!

Lauren wasn't too bothered luckily and really enjoyed the cheeseburger! I'm sure it would have been even better with the onion ring though!

Mum ordered a hickory pulled chicken burger! She really enjoyed it! I tried some and it was delicious!

Dad was trying to be good after all the bad eating this week so ordered a classic club sandwich. He liked it but I think the burgers were probably nicer.

Unfortunately I made a rubbish mistake with my order. I'd originally been planning to order the cheeseburger but I saw they had a twisted mac and cheese on the menu. I love mac and cheese, even the nuclear coloured rubbish they serve in Disney counter services! The twist was that it had red peppers in and chicken on top.

It was awful! Literally the worst thing I've ever eaten in Orlando (and maybe the world ).

As you know I can eat for England but this was so bad I stopped after 3 mouthfuls. It was like they'd melted plastic on top of macaroni, yuck! As I said I'm a huge fan of the Disney 'plastic cheese' macaroni but I couldn't force this stuff down! The peppers were spicy hot which I wasn't expecting. I was absolutely gutted I'd picked it over a burger!

Before

After

I ate the garlic bread it came with and Mum and Lauren shared their chips with me plus I finished Mum's leftovers from her burger. Totally my fault for picking it though!

The server was nowhere to be seen until the end of the meal but Dad explained that I hadn't eaten any of it as it was pretty disgusting. He didn't seem surprised so maybe that dish gets sent back a lot!

He asked if we wanted to see the dessert menu. The others didn't but I said I'd like to order one seeing as I hadn't eaten very much of my main course.

I ordered the warm apple cobbler with ghiradelli caramel sauce! Our server winked and said he'd bring 4 spoons!

I think the look on my face was probably incredulous! I'd just said in as many words that the main reason I was ordering a dessert was because I was so starving hungry (my own fault I know) and even on a good day Aimee doesn't share desserts hehe.

He did bring 4 spoons but luckily none of the others wanted any (as they'd stated when they'd declined to see the dessert menu)

You'd have thought this would cheer me up but it was cold! One thing you kind of expect when the menu describes something as being served warm is for it to deliver on that promise.

It was nice don't get me wrong. I still ate all of it but it wasn't really anything special. Again my mistake for ordering it, I should have gone for the Oreo cheesecake! That's my go to dessert anywhere that serves it though so I thought I'd go for something different. You live and learn.

I'd have sent the dessert back to be heated up but again our server was AWOL so I ended up speaking to someone at front desk as my food had been disappointing and the server was really average. I really think he thought we weren't going to tip as he certainly did the bare minimum to earn one!

We settled the bill and they had taken my main course off the total which was a kind gesture.

The total came to $76.67 which went down to $46.67 with my $30 voucher (although in the end my food and drink cost less than a tenner. I was happy to contribute though.)

We did leave a tip but less than we would usually leave. I'd explained to front desk why we were unhappy with his service though so hopefully the message was passed on and he didn't assume it was because we didn't understand how much we needed to tip!

Mum and Lauren really enjoyed their mains but to be honest the whole overall experience left us cold. We weren't blown away by the atmosphere, the server was average and clearly had more important (read: higher paying) customers to serve. Maybe the atmosphere is better in the evenings though.

I didn't even look around at all the memorabilia as I just wanted to get out of there by that point. Mum got a few photos though.

We left at 1:40. Not somewhere we'd return unfortunately.

I was still hungry so Lauren and I decided to walk over to Citywalk as she fancied another Coldstone Creamery cake batter milkshake for her pudding!

I had something else in mind! As much as I desperately wanted to try another ice cream flavour from CSC I had yet to get a Cinnabon this trip!

Mum and Dad decided to go back to HRH so we agreed to meet them back there later.

Lauren and I stopped in the big Universal Store in Citywalk first.

I was feeling a bit miffed about my poor food choices and decided to treat myself to a hoody I'd been looking at earlier in the week!

It cost around $55 which as with all theme park attire was really expensive but I've worn it absolutely loads since as it's quite thin so I can wear it under a coat or on its own now that it's getting a bit warmer!

I also picked up some Minion cups for the kids I nanny for! Conveniently they came in 2 colours so I bought one pink and one blue. They cost $10 each.

Lauren really wanted to buy something too and we spent ages browsing but nothing caught her eye.

We went to Cinnabon next! I've only ever eaten them from the Piccadilly Circus branch before so was excited to try a proper American one (even though it was exactly the same hehe).

I picked a classic which cost $4.57. The lady serving us was really sweet, she said she loved our accents and asked where we were from!

Next up was Coldstone Creamery! It was quieter in there than the night before but it was still a few minutes wait. While we queued I took a few photos!

Lauren went for the same cake batter milkshake again in love it size which cost $7.02.

We walked back to HRH with our yummies! I saved my Cinnabon until we were back in the room as it looked quite messy to eat. It was still warm when we got back and it was absolutely heavenly!

As I'd eaten a huge slice of apple cobbler and the drib drabs leftover from everyone else's meals, plus 2 slices of garlic bread in the last hour or so I only managed to eat half of the Cinnabon so I put the rest away for breakfast the next day! It was scrummy!

Lauren enjoyed her milkshake again too! Wish we had a Coldstone Creamery in the UK!

Continued below…

Old 22 May 16, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

It was 2:25 when we got back and the others all slept till around 4. I wasn't sleepy (unsurprising after all that sugar hehe) so I turned the brightness down on my phone and messaged home for a while.

Lauren woke up earlier than Mum and Dad so she and I got ready and headed back out again at 4:40.

Deathly Hallows bow tonight (and deathly pale skin!)

Hogwarts in the snow t-shirt! Lauren and I bought these at the Harry Potter studio tour in Watford when we visited last Christmas!

Mum and Dad weren't ready by then so we agreed to meet up with them later on so they weren't rushing to leave the room.

Lauren and I headed out of HRH and took the short stroll along to Universal Studios!

When we reached bag check there was a man out jogging who was cross because he couldn't understand why he needed to go through security just to run around Citywalk. He eventually gave in and went through the body scanner.

The lines were short to get in at this time although the woman in front of us seemed genuinely surprised that she needed a park ticket when she got to the turnstile! She then spent a couple of minutes searching through her bum bag for said ticket!

We eventually made it into the park hehe. We stopped for a look in the big Universal shop first but didn't buy anything.

We could hear the parade in the distance so we grabbed a seat on a curb to wait for it.

Random Gru’s house picture hehe

There was a bit of a chilly wind but it was warm enough to sit out without a cardi on! It was nice just sitting in the sun listening to the music!

We eventually decided we'd be better off walking up to find the parade rather than sitting waiting for it.

It was a cute parade with fun music but obviously not a patch on Disney parades!

We decided to go on the Simpsons Ride again next so headed over that way.

It was listed as a 45 minute wait and ended up taking 15 minutes in the express line which was a bit frustrating but this ride can be a bit slow loading at busy times. We had a lovely view out over the park from up the top though!

As we were being sent into rows we noticed a family with a small baby in a carrycot. From what we could hear they been planning to leave their teeny tiny baby at the side of the ride in its seat while the rest of the family went on ! Now I know it says you can leave bags/cameras at the side but I don't think they include babies in this!

They seemed quite surprised when a CM told them they couldn't do that and they'd have to do a rider swap instead!

We soon made it onto the ride. I think this is one of my favourite non Harry Potter rides at Universal/IoA! I love that you can smell baby powder when Maggie 'picks you up'.

It was 5:55 by the time we finished and we were meeting Mum and Dad at Louie's for dinner at 6 so we headed over that way.

Mum and Dad had just arrived but we were gutted to find that Louie's had stopped serving food for the day! There was still 2 hours till park closing so we just assumed they'd be open until then.

This was one place Lauren and I had been desperate to eat at after last year as it smelt so amazing in there!

We managed to adjust our plans for the next day to fit it in then instead luckily!

It did throw a bit of a spanner in the works for where to eat tonight though.

I really fancied going to the Leaky Cauldron so that I could have the beef, lamb and Guinness stew that Lauren had the other day but none of the others fancied it.

I suggested the Simpsons Food Court again as the chicken waffle sandwich is just so yummy but Mum and Dad weren't feeling that idea.

We all got a bit fed up at this point as none of us could agree where to eat or what to do so we decided to separate for a while (even though we'd only just met up again!)

Lauren and I wandered over to Diagon Alley for a look in the shops.

Because I haven’t added enough Diagon Alley photos in this update hehe

Ollivanders was really quiet with only a few people waiting to watch the show so we decided we'd check it out. The lines are always so long over in the Hogsmeade branch that we've never seen it before!

this broom was sweeping the ceiling!

There was only one child in there but she didn't get picked, they chose an older guy instead who looked like he had no idea what was going on hehe.

The guy playing Ollivander was really good! It did feel like being in part of the movie and the special effects are very well done!

Sorry, terrible photo! I couldn’t have the flash on

After we left Lauren and I finally came up with a food plan! We'd really fancied having a pizza at Emack and Bolio's on the first night but hadn't been hungry enough so we decided to stop there when we got back to HRH later than night.

This meant we'd have room to make a visit to Florean Fortescue's to try another ice cream!

We met up with Mum and Dad again as they'd also been looking around Diagon Alley and asked if they fancied getting an ice cream too. The answer was of course yes!

It was fairly busy in there at this time but the line moved quickly.

I decided to try the toffee apple soft serve in a cone.

Lauren went for the salted caramel blondie hard packed ice cream again but in a cone this time.

Mum had pistachio soft serve in a cup but added waffle cone pieces as a topping.

Dad chose toffee soft serve in a cone with chopped nuts on top.

Sorry blurry photo!

We paid together and the total came to $26.14.

We headed over to our favourite spot on the steps by the stage and sat down to eat our ice cream!

We all enjoyed them but I decided I'm not much of a fan of the soft serve flavours. They all come from the same ice cream machine with a different flavouring added in depending on which you pick.

The toffee apple is obviously a combination of the two. I liked the apple flavour but wasn't that keen on the toffee. It wasn't bad just not mind-blowing.

I'd definitely choose another hard packed flavour next time!

When we finished our ice creams we were asked to move from the steps (we weren't the only ones sitting on them hehe) as Celestina Warbeck was about to perform.

If you've not read the books she is a singer that Mrs Weasley is a huge fan of.

We stopped to watch for a while. It is a bit of a cabaret act but it was impressive that they'd written all the songs described in the books! A cauldron full of hot strong love anyone?

Eternelle’s Elixir of Refreshment stand is not far from the stage so while we watched I went over to get a bottle of gilly water and an elixir to flavour it with!

I'd picked the draught of peace elixir last year so today I went for the babbling beverage! This is the red elixir which tastes of fruit punch.

I drank a bit of the water first before mixing it in! It was really tasty!

The total for both was $8.50. A pricey drink but you can just buy the elixir and add it to your own water.

When the show finished we headed out of Diagon Alley and into muggle London. There was no one waiting for pictures at the Knightbus so we decided to head over!

The conductor was called Mark and he was another fab CM who was so in character!

We chatted with him and the shrunken head which was one of mine and Lauren's favourite moments of the entire trip as the interaction was great!

They asked our names and the shrunken head said "Wagwan Lauren, I like your pony" haha she replied that she liked his hair too.

Mark the conductor asked if I played quidditch! I said I did for Slytherin and he took a step away from me and told the shrunken head hehe.

The shrunken head then told me to come closer to the bus...closer...closer until I was standing right in front of him.

He then declared that yes I was a Slytherin as he could see it in my eyes hehe.

Mark asked Lauren which house she was in and when she replied Gryffindor, he said "I'm standing with you then" hehe.

It was so funny Lauren and I couldn't stop laughing! We got a photo with them before heading over towards Men in Black.

As we were leaving a group of girls shouted "Hi Stan" (the name of the Knightbus conductor in the books) and he replied in the most dead pan of voices "it's Mark actually" hehe.

MiB was really quiet but we used our express passes anyway after chucking our stuff in the lockers.

I did terribly this time scoring 22,025.

Mum scored 17,825.

Dad had cottoned on to the red button bonus know and managed to push it before the rest of us giving him a score of 121,600.

Lauren however was the winner with 238,550! As she's the most competitive member of the family it was probably for the best hehe.

By the time we'd collected our bags again it was 7:30.

We decided to stroll back to Diagon Alley again to try and get in another ride on Gringotts closer to park closing.

We had a wander around Knockturn Alley until 7:40 when the line dropped to 20 minutes.

On previous night’s we'd found the wait time to be exaggerated but today it really was a 20 minute wait.

We went all around the back of the building in the outside queue which I didn't know even existed as they normally send you straight into the main atrium.

I left my phone in my pocket this time as whenever we'd been on it this week we'd seen people with them taking pictures in the queue.

We passed the time chatting about what a great week it had been and how un-rushed we'd felt even with so few days.

We eventually made it into the Atrium with the goblins.

Mum who hails from ye olde Okehampton in Devon said that it reminded her a lot of a bank in Exeter. So you know, you could fly out to Orlando to go on this ride or you could pop down to Devon for the day and visit a bank in Exeter, your choice! Hehe

I took a few pictures throughout the queue. It's so well themed.

Continued below…

Old 22 May 16, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
xAimeex
Imagineer

xAimeex's Reviews
…Continued

By the time we'd been in the 'lift' and seen the pre-show and waited on the steps to get on it was gone 8 already!

We'd briefly discussed going to watch the Cinematic Spectacular tonight but that put paid to those plans as it started at 8. We'd watched it on YouTube before the trip and didn't think we'd missed out on too much but it would have been nice to fit it in.

The ride was fab as always! One I never get bored of!

Once we'd collected our bags from the lockers it was 8:20.

I took a picture of the empty street leading up to Gringotts which came out a bit blurry but luckily Lauren took a better one on her phone!

We said goodbye to Diagon Alley at night (although we'd be back in the morning) and headed out of the park.

It was really quiet now which was a bit eery!

We decided to walk back to HRH. It was really chilly out now so we were glad of the walk to warm up a bit! We all had tired feet and with my sore foot we didn't get back until 8:50.

Mum and Dad went straight up to the room as they weren't hungry while Lauren and I stopped off at Emack and Bolio's.

We shared a personal pizza which cost $13 before tax.

They told is it would be a 15-20 minute wait so we grabbed a table (there are only a couple in there but thankfully it was quiet at this time).

The seating area

We remembered that we still had a couple of ADR's to book for August so while Lauren waited I ran up to the room to grab my laptop (as we'd need the lobby free wifi again)!

As I waited for the lift a little girl was chatting quietly with her mum.

I couldn't hear what she was saying but her Mum turned to her and said (motioning to me) "why don't you ask her".

The little girl had seen my Slytherin jumper and wanted to know why I liked that house hehe.

I told her it was because Snape is one of my favourite characters!

She had just read the first book and I didn't want to give away any spoilers so she didn't know about Snape's redemption so probably didn't understand why I liked him hehe.

I asked her who her favourite character was. She said Hermione, so I told her she was one of my favourites too. We both had Hermione's wand so we chatted about how we both thought it was the prettiest one! She was really sweet!

Once out of the lift I hot footed it to the room grabbed my laptop and went back down to Emack and Bolio's again.

The pizza arrived a couple of minutes later and it was so good! It might have been listed as a personal sized pizza but it was still huge!

It was one of the nicest pizza's I’ve had in Orlando! It came in a cute HRH box too!

Lauren and I finished it all between us before heading up to the lobby again.

I set my laptop up and we booked our last 2 ADR's. One of which was Tusker House which we've now cancelled in favour of trying Cinderella's Royal Table instead (hope we don't regret it hehe). Again no issues booking times we wanted even though booking for those dates had been open a day!

We were all sorted by 10 and headed back up to the room.

Mum and Dad had made a start on packing and we knew we needed to do the same as Lauren and I were planning to hit early entry again tomorrow morning.

We'd managed to accumulate a fair amount of stuff for a 5 night trip but thankfully we didn't have any issues fitting it all into our 3 cases (unlike Lauren and I last year!)

We were all done by 10:30 and went straight to bed after as we had a busy morning planned the next day!

Thanks for reading x

Old 22 May 16, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
smythy21
Imagineer

smythy21's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 2
another great trip report with plenty of photos..must take you ages to write them all up
Old 22 May 16, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Shifu
VIP Dibber

Shifu's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 6
I was just about to put my HRH Universal trippy up but perhaps I could just write Ditto and link it here (joking)

I think you have pretty much everything covered.
Shifu is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Yay! Love reading your updates. Another fantastic day, you pack in so much! Cold stone creamery looks amazing! Going to have to try it.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Ooh the toppings in cold stone creamery, yum yum!
Diagon Alley (and Hogsmeade for that matter) are so atmospheric at night.
Ah such a shame you didn't like your food at Hard Rock, always feels like such a waste of a meal in Orlando when there's so many delicious choices.
I've never seen that little minion door before, so cute!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 16, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mobeckwith
Imagineer

fab day again,i have copied you and had ice cream for breakfast from florian fortescue,but draw the line at fudge .people say to me" are you only going for a week,its not long enough " but thats people who have never done it themselves.you are living proof,it soo can be done,and its soooo worth it.love universal parks, it really is a chilled holiday. mo x
mobeckwith is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List