Notices
General DVC Discussion For discussion on how the DVC works and resort information.

Old 22 Jun 17, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

SSR room request while there?

DH, DD and myself are flying out on the 4th September. We have 2 nights at the Poly, 3 at the coast and 9 at SSR.

Our elder DD was flying out on the 9th and spending the 9 nights with us at SSR.

She has had to change her plans and she is now flying out on the 2nd. I am just off the phone to member services and I was very lucky to get her a 1 bed at SSR for the first two nights before we join her.

When she is at SSR will she be able to request the location of our 2 bed? I love a view and know its not always possible to get what you want when you request online and wondered if asking in person would help or is a week in advance too late?
Old 23 Jun 17, 06:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Hi. I dont think they will give a room location/number before it's ready for allocation/occupation albeit its worth a try.
When we checked in on a Friday back in April 15 they wouldn't give me any indication at all of the room my Daughter would get as she was due in the next day. They did say they would try and put us in the same block, however that didn't happen either!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Hi. I dont think they will give a room location/number before it's ready for allocation/occupation albeit its worth a try.
When we checked in on a Friday back in April 15 they wouldn't give me any indication at all of the room my Daughter would get as she was due in the next day. They did say they would try and put us in the same block, however that didn't happen either!
I will get her to ask. I suppose there is nothing to loose lol
Old 23 Jun 17, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I will get her to ask. I suppose there is nothing to loose lol
I agree with you. Don't ask don't get!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
you can ask them to link your reservations, think its called family gathering
But as Tom says they won't gaurantee

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Sara_toga
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Saratoska View Post
you can ask them to link your reservations, think its called family gathering
But as Tom says they won't gaurantee

I don't actually need the reservations linked. I just wondered if my DD who is out first and only at SSR for two nights before we arrive and is joining us at the Poly can request a room location for the second week of our holiday when we are back at SSR.
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotty
Imagineer

We dropped in 2 or 3 days before we checked in and it was relatively quiet at the desk. I explained what I would like (and why - I have some mobility issues) and the lady was very good. She got out a resort map and we were able to request a certain building. When we checked in that was the building we were allocated.
As said above - no harm in asking.
Old 24 Jun 17, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Saratoska
VIP Dibber

Saratoska's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lynn View Post
I don't actually need the reservations linked. I just wondered if my DD who is out first and only at SSR for two nights before we arrive and is joining us at the Poly can request a room location for the second week of our holiday when we are back at SSR.
Sorry thought you meant you had wanted to be together and a view,

I don't think she would as my parents came with us and they always came out week after us and all the would do when I asked whilst there was there was no guarantee

Saratoska is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List