Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Jun 17, 07:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Sal1
Gone all Goofy

DIY or package

Looking to book hotel and villa holiday next year...not sure whether to book entire trip thru agent or virgin\ba direct or do individual fly\drive, hotel and private villa. What would experienced dibbers recommend ?
Sal1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
amandajane10
Imagineer

amandajane10's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I allways diy. I want to know exactly where i am staying for a villa.
Villa Holiday May 2018
Planning Easter 2020
amandajane10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
CindyLou
Excited about Disney

Our first few times we always booked package. Now we know the ropes we always book DIY.

As long as you know dates and can spend a little time planning then you will be fine. We're going back in 2018. So far for indirect flights & Bahama Bay for 2 adults & 2 DDs at Easter we've paid just over £2.5k. Not sure if that's good but to us it's a bargain

That being said, if you are going purely for Disney, by the time you factor in food and passes booking with DDP can be a god send.

Happy planning
Old 24 Jun 17, 08:36 AM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Mobile

I prefer to book DIY for two reasons - I can never get a package that comes close to what I pay DIY and with DIY I have much better flexibility and control.

Trip Report Index
sha9 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post
7SeasSailor
Imagineer

Cost up all of the options and pick the one that fits best. Having said that I would never accept a villa on an allocate on arrival basis, I always diy for that.
Old 24 Jun 17, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
anneeb
Apprentice Imagineer

We do all our holidays diy, we've never had an agent come close to our prices. We like knowing our villa before we arrive and talking to the owner about things. I went into Thomas Cook ta in March, to look at what they could offer for next July, they told me that I could go via (despite me telling them we wanted direct), then said I would have to wait for direct flights as they weren't released, even though I had told her what price Thomas Cook flights were online. We gave up and booked flights and villa ourselves.
anneeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 09:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Emma & Lloyd
Apprentice Imagineer

For us DIY has always worked out at least £1k cheaper for two adults.
Plus DIY affords you so much control over all elements of your holiday.

Villas at Grand Floridian 2014 Cabana Bay 2015 Animal Kingdom Villas 2016 Animal Kingdom Villas 2017 Cabana Bay & Saratoga Springs 2019 Saratoga Springs 2021
Emma & Lloyd is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
TinselAngel
Imagineer

TinselAngel's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

We've done both options, and our forthcoming trip is mixed. Flights tix and hotel with Virgin, car and villa (split stay) diy. We got a good deal on the package because of Debenhams vouchers and DH's charming ways The villa I would always book DIY ideally through a Dibb owner. I know some people have had the occasional issue, but it's more common to hear horror stories about villas booked through agents, especially when allocated on arrival.

POFQ Dec 2006, Mar 2008, Oct 2009, Oct 2014
Dibb Villas : Mar 2009, Aug 2009, Xmas 2009 Dec 2010, Oct 2011, July 2013, July 2014, Xmas 2014, July 2015, Aug 2017, Jan 2018, Oct 18, OKW:Summer 2012, Beach Club:Oct 2015,July 2017. AKL:Oct 2019
TinselAngel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Persnicketty
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Sal1 View Post
Looking to book hotel and villa holiday next year...
You've already made the biggest decision. Knowing WHAT you want.

And, for me, as soon as "booking a villa" is mentioned iT just has to be DIY.
Persnicketty is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List