Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Jun 17, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Mental Minnie
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Of course as soon as I posted I asked my sister could she go and not do any theme parks. She felt probably not. And then I said, "of course we could get another annual pass for Universal". Probably not much more than a 14 day ticket and with the right timing can do us for 2019 too. And we could see about cheap flights and stay in the Rosen Inn or somewhere. Maybe do MNSSHP and go to DS to get our Disney fix. Or maybe a 2 day Disney ticket. Maybe rent DVC points.
Ok, this is getting out of hand!
and then and then and then
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:25 AM  
Link to this Post
sammykitten
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sha9 View Post
Of course as soon as I posted I asked my sister could she go and not do any theme parks. She felt probably not. And then I said, "of course we could get another annual pass for Universal". Probably not much more than a 14 day ticket and with the right timing can do us for 2019 too. And we could see about cheap flights and stay in the Rosen Inn or somewhere. Maybe do MNSSHP and go to DS to get our Disney fix. Or maybe a 2 day Disney ticket. Maybe rent DVC points.
Ok, this is getting out of hand!
wheres theres a will and all that !
sammykitten is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
Chrissie H
Very Serious Dibber

Chrissie H's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
We haven't done Universal for a long time as we didn't feel we were getting our money's worth, we can't do big rides because of medical problems. We did Disney last year after a 5 year gap and the magic wasn't there. Cast members were often unhelpful and at times plain rude. It all seemed to be about money. We don't really like the Fastpass system as we prefer to " go with the flow" on holiday, so will not be doing Disney next year. We are doing Seaworld and Busch Gardens instead as we feel they are much more relaxed and friendly.
Chrissie H is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 17, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Chrissie H View Post
We haven't done Universal for a long time as we didn't feel we were getting our money's worth, we can't do big rides because of medical problems. We did Disney last year after a 5 year gap and the magic wasn't there. Cast members were often unhelpful and at times plain rude. It all seemed to be about money. We don't really like the Fastpass system as we prefer to " go with the flow" on holiday, so will not be doing Disney next year. We are doing Seaworld and Busch Gardens instead as we feel they are much more relaxed and friendly.
Totally agree about the "magic" at Disney, it's nowhere like it used to be, hate all the planning too with FP.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I couldn't go and not do disney! The magic kingdom is the highlight of the trip every time for us. Whilst Busch gardens has some amazing coasters it lacks in atmosphere and magic. Seaworld is a big favourite in our family and always something we do on every Orlando trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

I am surprised to hear you say Disney has lost magic and staff are rude. we have only ever experienced top class service at WDW . True the prices are going up and up on everything in WDW , but when we go to Florida we say we're going to Disney not Florida.. We are massive disney fans and whilst we also do Universal and the other parks Disney is an absolute must and where we spend most of our days and evenings.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 08:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Nesbits
Very Serious Dibber

I would never miss Disney out; all the rest yes, Disney no! It gets better and better for me.

We have gone to Florida and missed Orlando out, and that's a totally different holiday.
Nesbits is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
mickey house
Imagineer

We did 5 hours in disney last year on our two week trip, and once our few days have run out on our non expiring disney tickets we are unlikely to go back for a long time.

After 30 years of going I do enjoy walking in the disney parks and getting that initial buzz (especially MK) but the parks are so busy and ride waits so long it's lost it's appeal for us (plus many rides need replacing - the speedway cars at MK should be in a museum),

I would say most disney cast members are okay, but we have noticed the standard has slipped over the years.
mickey house is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jun 17, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
boltyboy
Imagineer

boltyboy's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by boomboomcannon View Post
I couldn't go and not do disney! The magic kingdom is the highlight of the trip every time for us. Whilst Busch gardens has some amazing coasters it lacks in atmosphere and magic. Seaworld is a big favourite in our family and always something we do on every Orlando trip.
Originally Posted by boomboomcannon View Post
I am surprised to hear you say Disney has lost magic and staff are rude. we have only ever experienced top class service at WDW . True the prices are going up and up on everything in WDW , but when we go to Florida we say we're going to Disney not Florida.. We are massive disney fans and whilst we also do Universal and the other parks Disney is an absolute must and where we spend most of our days and evenings.
We have been going to Orlando for the past 25 years and yes it isn't like it used to be, but nothing is. We were Disney fans, but like I have said the magic just isn't there anymore, the parks are just too busy and CM's don't go out of their way to help or exceeded expectations like they used to. Our 2 boys are now older and want proper thrill rides with minimal queues, not characters and long queues. We are looking forward to Busch and the rides at SeaWorld but not the shows. It will be a different kind of holiday but one we are proper looking forward to.

2020 canceled - 2018 - 2015- 2012 - 2004 - 1998 - 1995 - 1993
Has it really been 8 years? - Trip Index
August 2015-Trip Index

Edited at 02:16 PM.
boltyboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List