Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 15 Feb 17, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Did anyone notice on the home page ..."Book your USA Car Hire Today & Get 10% off with Viator on all attraction tickets".

I had a quick look and there Seaworld and Universal tickets (and others) to be had (not the UK versions) which might be just what you need if your only going for a few days to the parks.

Quidco also has 5% back right now too.

Seriously tempted, as its cheaper rental and if the code and Quidco stack then it might be worth it for our trip.

Anyone book and received the promotional code from booking?

Edited at 11:27 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 11:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Chris1972 View Post
Did anyone notice one the home page ..."Book your USA Car Hire Today & Get 10% off with Viator on all attraction tickets".

I had a quick look and there Seaworld and Universal tickets (and others) to be had (not the UK versions) which might be just what you need if your only going for a few days to the parks.

Quidco also has 5% back right now too.

Seriously tempted, as its cheaper rental and if the code and Quidco stack then it might be worth it for our trip.

Anyone book and received the promotional code from booking?

I think that may have been a different link. I have not received any discount for park tickets from my booking on the Alamo beta site.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 11:32 PM  
Link to this Post

Its definitely there - below the options field on the beta alamo co uk (with .) below the option fields (pick up location, dates).

However, if you have booked and have no code, i think it may be redundant.

Thanks!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
skstorm
VIP Dibber

Yep I bit the bullet and booked tonight - only a couple of pounds cheaper than the ebookers reservation we had but this one gave us an additional driver free which could be handy. Only issue I had was that it wouldn't accept my virgin flying club number - has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you get round it?
skstorm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Harry
Imagineer

Harry's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Have booked via beta.alamo earlier on ... made payment via c/c of £270. Later on this evening decided to link my confirmation with OLCI and Skip the Counter (via the .com site)... OLCI no problems... Skip the counter completed ... added Credit card to complete and received bar coded skip the counter ... no problems until I looked at the OLCI reservation that I printed off and it's now showing the rates and charges in Dollars ($337)... now pretty sure my previous OLCI/STC it was always left blank (Ie no charge as I had pre paid)? Anyone else getting this and should I be concerned I might be billed twice?

"... he is moving like a TREMENDOUS machine... "
Harry is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 08:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Jlo31
Excited about Disney

It might be worth dropping a note to customer services to see what they say? On the email reciept there is a section which says how much has been prepaid.

I can't help with the on line booking as I've never used the skip the counter before and have not registered yet.

Edited at 08:17 AM.
Jlo31 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
avvy-xo
Imagineer

Mobile

Not cheaper for us unfortunately but I think we got a ridiculously good deal when we booked!

Can anyone help - can I do olci and skip the counter if we have chose pay or arrival? If so how do I do this? Thanks
avvy-xo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Eerbeer17
Earning More Ears

Was checking the prices yesterday (beta site) and again this morning and unfortunately they went up by £160 for my trip in August. That's even more expensive that alamo brits...
Eerbeer17 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 09:35 AM  
Link to this Post
ROBBOTOO
Imagineer

Originally Posted by skstorm View Post
Only issue I had was that it wouldn't accept my virgin flying club number - has anyone else had this issue and if so how did you get round it?
I emailed about this last night as it would accept my old number but not the new. This was the reply I got:

Thank you for choosing Alamo Rent A Car for your car rental needs! My name is Corie. I will be happy to help you today.

I would be happy to add the new number to the reservation for you once it has been booked I would just need the reservation number and the new number.

Your reference number for this incident is xxxxxxxxxx:

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance. Have a wonderful day!

Sincerely,
Corie
Alamo Rent A Car Email Customer Service Representative
ROBBOTOO is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 11:03 AM  
Link to this Post
cumbrian lakes
Apprentice Imagineer

Alamo Brits is cheaper for us by £104.70.

Barbara
cumbrian lakes is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List