Go hard but the odd rest day! 72 31.44%
In between. Long days out but rest days! 77 33.62%
We have more rest days than park days! 27 11.79%
Voters: 229. You may not vote on this poll

Old 29 Apr 17, 10:07 AM  
Link to this Post
sunshine-state
Excited about Disney

When your in Florida do you just go all out or take rest days?

You always hear people say they come back from Florida more tired, the heat, the walking, the long days and whatever else. What approach do you/your family take? Do you go all out with hardly any rest days or do you tend to take a few days away from the parks throughout your trip?

Edited at 10:09 AM.
sunshine-state is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:16 AM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
We do 3 Parks a week. From 9.00am thru 5.00pm. We have 4 Pool days a week. Get me on that sun lounger.

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I put in between but we are more like go to the parks early and then pool time on the afternoon ... works well for us, last trip we had more rest days than the first trip but first trip we thought was a once in a lifetime trip so had to cram it all in lol
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Miss_Tangled
Apprentice Imagineer

It will be a different holiday completely for us this time. However, when it was just the two of us we were all day park people, first in and last out. We would still have rests but that maybe a walk round the resorts or a pontoon on the Seven Seas Lagoon. We like our time in the pool back at the villa but neither of us are sunbathers, I'm too much of a fidget.
I think it's important to take time out and take it all in, go 100mph and you will miss out on the little things which can often be the best.
* Tarpon Springs '07 * New York '07 * Hampton Lakes '09 * Mission Park March '11 * Four Corners Sep '11 * Dream Castle DLP December '12 * Florida Pines '14 & Grand Floridian Everglades Suite! * New York City...Surprise 30th December '14 * Lindfields & Grand Floridian September '15 * 1st trip with our little lady! WDW September '17 * DLP February ‘18 * 3 wks POR September '19 *
Miss_Tangled is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
cartoonp
VIP Dibber

cartoonp's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 45
Guidebook Reviews: 1
My option not there we very rarely plan ie all day in parks then rest day we don't book many ADRs sometimes we may just have half day in park then go back to hotel then maybe afternoon out some where or maybe morning in hotel then afternoon in park we have spent all day in park . We just don't plan apart from first night Disney springs or old town depending on where we staying .
cartoonp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Laura_<3
Imagineer

Laura_<3's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 249
Mobile

We don't necessarily have rest days, we usually do two parks a day with rest in the afternoons before going to the second park of the day. Next year will be different with a little one in tow, we'll need relaxing days by the pool.
Old 29 Apr 17, 10:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We go for 3 weeks every time, and we do 2 park days followed by a water park day as we consider the water park a rest day and then we usually get some fast passes for the evening close together and go in for dinner to that park.

Go hard or go home
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:00 AM  
Link to this Post
FloridaFairy
Apprentice Imagineer

We go for 3 weeks so I think that we can take a day off from the wonderful madness.

Once we went for 2 weeks ( a snap decision! ) wonderful but manic!

Xx Ff xX
FloridaFairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Apr 17, 11:10 AM  
Link to this Post
fl-veteran
Imagineer

We have a 'no more than 6 park days in 2 weeks' rule.
Old 29 Apr 17, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
keeley78
Imagineer

keeley78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
I voted in between, we won't spend long days in the parks though, usually morning till afternoon or an evening, we like our rest days in Florida, having some pool time, funny though because I don't like spending lots of time around a pool on other holidays like Spain etc, I like to get out & about as much as possible

Rosen inn @ pointe May 2010, Rosen inn @ pointe & got married May 2011, Clarion inn LBV May 2012, Rosen international, RPR & Hilton Clearwater July/aug 2013
New York July 2016
Rosen @ pointe, Cabana Bay & All star sports Oct/ Nov 2018, New York July 2023
keeley78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List