Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 5 Jul 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Logan
Imagineer

Mobile

Good thread, interested in tips/answers too.

Just wondering about the wifi and not moving. Wee bit concerned that I'll get wifi inside a shopping mall/outlet for instance, but obviously have to move to roadside, where there may not be coverage.

Also, think I read on another thread that you don't generally tip drivers, just give them a good rating, which they may ask for lol.
Logan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
TartanTink
VIP Dibber

Hi

Are Uber driver able to pick you up from Disney Resorts ? just wondering if they get through the barriers etc

I think this is the way to go for our Mum and daughter trip, thanks for all the tips

Tartan Tink
TartanTink is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
There is an Uber page in the Dibb Guidebook, however it needs some work done on it as it was last updated in 2015.

I do most of the 'driving' pages but I know nothing about Uber. We need a volunteer to modernise it for things like Uber now being allowed at MCO etc etc.

Any volunteers please?

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Uber-p-1493.html

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 04:07 PM  
Link to this Post
kl_belle
Swimming at the All Star Resort

We stayed near Universal in May and used Uber to get to Disney. They always seemed to arrive fairly instantly when heading from our hotel into WDW so make sure you are at the lobby of your hotel ready! They don't hang around.

Really easy to get back from WDW too, it'll be in the pick up area. Only place we found slightly more difficult was Disney Springs as there are two pick up areas there at each end.

We found we did not need to tip with Uber, it wasn't expected and I would say we used Uber nearly every day and still had a 5* rating, so I would not worry too much. The 5* rating seemed much more valuable to the drivers than a tip from what we could gather.

I would say it cost us between $11-$16 per trip depending on which park we headed too and the traffic. Uber was great though and I wouldn't hesitate to use it again for the price.
kl_belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 05:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by TartanTink View Post
Hi

Are Uber driver able to pick you up from Disney Resorts ? just wondering if they get through the barriers etc

I think this is the way to go for our Mum and daughter trip, thanks for all the tips
They get through fine, they just say they are picking up and usually have to show the person their drivers licence.
Old 5 Jul 17, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishmum
Imagineer

scottishmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Originally Posted by Logan View Post
Good thread, interested in tips/answers too.

Just wondering about the wifi and not moving. Wee bit concerned that I'll get wifi inside a shopping mall/outlet for instance, but obviously have to move to roadside, where there may not be coverage.

Also, think I read on another thread that you don't generally tip drivers, just give them a good rating, which they may ask for lol.
You would wait till you are near where you want picked up, not going to matter if you request it inside the store then go out, But you will get a choice of where you want picked up when you are requesting it.
You will see a little dot on the map where you are and you can move it slightly . I don't as it usually completely moves it way out lol.
Old 5 Jul 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
W1zz
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Reading today that Tesco are brining in exchanging Clubcard credit for 3 * Uber credit. Hope this comes in very soon as I have £30+ of points and will be using Uber a lot in Orlando 🤞
W1zz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 06:54 PM  
Link to this Post
linnite
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
There is an Uber page in the Dibb Guidebook, however it needs some work done on it as it was last updated in 2015.

I do most of the 'driving' pages but I know nothing about Uber. We need a volunteer to modernise it for things like Uber now being allowed at MCO etc etc.

Any volunteers please?

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/Uber-p-1493.html
I agree, the guide also needs to start from the very ground up such as 'does the UK app work in the US?'.

Thanks

Nov '01 - I-Drive ... May '09 - DL Paris ... Aug '11 - Pop ... Aug '13 - SSR ... Aug '15 - A/S Music + HRH ... Aug '17 - RPR,CBR,AKL ... Feb '18 - Cabana Bay ... Feb '19 - Aventura + A/S Sports ... Dec '21 Dolphin and HRH... Aug '23 Surfside and A/S Music... Feb '24 Surfside
linnite is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by linnite View Post
I agree, the guide also needs to start from the very ground up such as 'does the UK app work in the US?'.

Thanks
That's what I mean. So come on who is going to do it?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jul 17, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando 2004
Imagineer

Orlando 2004's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
Mobile

Has anyone used Uber from Manny's or outback on the 192 or any of the restaurants at the crossroads. Wondering whether there is wifi in them as I can't remember and I'm not sure if we'll have data turned on on our phones.
Also how would we get picked up from our villa on a gated community? And how easy is it to be dropped off/picked up at Epcot?

Sorry for all the questions but we're clueless and aren't very up on technology!