Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 19 Aug 17, 01:16 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Im currently on the phone to them after no response via twitter, fb messenger or email! They are saying I asked for additional insurances - no I specifically said no upgrades no extras!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

We have 4 sets of friend there now, all on BA flydrive packages. I've alerted them to what happened to us and one family have just checked using the link above and they have charges of £485 pending for LDW and ALI. Very naughty of AVIS, they appear to have a few rouge CS attendants adding on extras that are already payed for. This is why we use these services as we've already stated what we want online and avoid the hard sell!

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 03:58 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

After 45 mins they've cleared the charges but I'm not sure I believe them!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
SiandAm
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mancdisney View Post
After 45 mins they've cleared the charges but I'm not sure I believe them!
well done. here is a link for an e-receipt : avis/en/reservation/get-e-receiptgive then some time to update and check it.

PORS 1995 Grand Floridian 1997 CBR 1998 ASMovies2002/2004Cumbrian lakes 2005,6,8,10,11,12,13,14 & 15 NYC/disney '12 AKL 2007 OKW 2009 2012Ellie hunts tour CBR 19
cumbrian lakes2016,17,18,19,22 2019 ASMovies 2022
SiandAm is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Drino
Excited about Disney

We are travelling in 9 weeks and have BA flight with Avis,on my prefferred account i see no options to delete any extra charges?
Is what your saying upon taking the info pack and or keys(as we flying into fort lauderdale)just read and make sure if you sign anything to un check these boxes... why cant it be easier...jeezzz
Drino is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Non requested charges/extras applied by car suppliers have niggled me for years, then add in toll charges when it wasn't your hire vehicle. A former Dibb member claimed it was a non-deliberate admin error.. admin error my Jim Royle, they know exactly what they've been doing for years, it's about agent commission/additional pay off for the car supplier, apparently staff are trained how to add extra's with/without hirers knowledge. It's fraud, how they aren't given a huge tug for these practices baffles me.

I'm lucky, in 20+ years of hiring only one toll incorrectly applied, soon removed when photographic proof couldn't be provided, imagine that! Luckily we now own an awld banger in Fl only hiring from/to MCO, my approach for years; present pre-paid voucher, dl and cc, advise absolutely no upgrades, extras, fuel, nothing, zip, nada, just what's on the pre-paid contract... give me a $0 to pay contract to sign and I'll be offski.

I appreciate it's been said, but the onus is on the hirer, you must check, check and check again, yes, you may be tired, but if you want to avoid high charges being placed against your cc it has to be done.
Old 19 Aug 17, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
Non requested charges/extras applied by car suppliers have niggled me for years, then add in toll charges when it wasn't your hire vehicle. A former Dibb member claimed it was a non-deliberate admin error.. admin error my Jim Royle, they know exactly what they've been doing for years, it's about agent commission/additional pay off for the car supplier, apparently staff are trained how to add extra's with/without hirers knowledge. It's fraud, how they aren't given a huge tug for these practices baffles me.

I'm lucky, in 20+ years of hiring only one toll incorrectly applied, soon removed when photographic proof couldn't be provided, imagine that! Luckily we now own an awld banger in Fl only hiring from/to MCO, my approach for years; present pre-paid voucher, dl and cc, advise absolutely no upgrades, extras, fuel, nothing, zip, nada, just what's on the pre-paid contract... give me a $0 to pay contract to sign and I'll be offski.

I appreciate it's been said, but the onus is on the hirer, you must check, check and check again, yes, you may be tired, but if you want to avoid high charges being placed against your cc it has to be done.
Chris. Wise words as always. However have you noticed that Avis has been appalling the last few months?
I notice these things and I'm surprised as Avis have always had a good reputation. Plus most issues are happening on BA bookings, wonder why?

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post

True, it just shouldnt be that way. The contracts are designed to look as confusing as possible so that additional charges are difficult to spot. Add in agents who actively lie and deceive and you have a big problem. Avis seem to be the worst for it, we got stung a few years ago and only after persistent complaining to BA did we get a full refund, have always been ultra careful at the desk every since.

Saying that, ive still carried on using AVIS, the BA free additional driver offer is too good to refuse when travelling with non-immediate family. I just dont trust anything they say at the desk now and check everything.
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by theriler View Post
True, it just shouldnt be that way. The contracts are designed to look as confusing as possible so that additional charges are difficult to spot. Add in agents who actively lie and deceive and you have a big problem. Avis seem to be the worst for it, we got stung a few years ago and only after persistent complaining to BA did we get a full refund, have always been ultra careful at the desk every since.

Saying that, ive still carried on using AVIS, the BA free additional driver offer is too good to refuse when travelling with non-immediate family. I just dont trust anything they say at the desk now and check everything.
Try Alamo. Second driver can be anybody!

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 17, 09:30 PM  
Link to this Post
theriler
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by Mr Tom Morrow View Post
Try Alamo. Second driver can be anybody!
Always found them to be alot more expensive. Over £100 more for the same car this time around. Although maybe AVIS can only offer such a perk for such a low price is because they sting so many customers!
theriler is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List