Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Old 6 Aug 18, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
nevertoomuch
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Hope you don't mind me jumping in OP.

We planning on next trip being Jul or Aug 2019 - Universal only.

However, just seen some good prices for flights for Oct 18 and are v tempted to book as a cheeky extra trip (7-10 days) - if the numbers stack up.

So we haven't got any tickets at all (yet). I looking for the cheapest way to cover both trips basically

Any advise much appreciated
nevertoomuch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Mobile

Originally Posted by nevertoomuch View Post

However, just seen some good prices for flights for Oct 18 and are v tempted to book as a cheeky extra trip (7-10 days) - if the numbers stack up.

So we haven't got any tickets at all (yet). I looking for the cheapest way to cover both trips basically

If you are July you will need a power pass. You could buy one of them or get the 14 day tickets and upgrade for what seems to be a $15 price.
That’s assuming no volcano bay though.
If more than 1 trip a prefered pass for 1 of you as you get 10% discount on food and merchandise and it does mount up.
Old 6 Aug 18, 03:45 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

If you go in July you’ll need to go for powerpass or preferred as the seasonal is blocked out in July and a few other dates which I can’t remember.

Powerpass gives 1/2 price parking. Preferred gives free parking
Old 6 Aug 18, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
If you go in July you’ll need to go for powerpass or preferred as the seasonal is blocked out in July and a few other dates which I can’t remember.

Both power & preferred are blocked out in July as well as seasonal.
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Mobile

Originally Posted by Clarentino View Post
Both power & preferred are blocked out in July as well as seasonal.
We’ve been out here since July and have upgraded one ticket to preferred and the other 3 to powerpasses
Old 6 Aug 18, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Clarentino
slightly serious Dibber

We’ve been out here since July and have upgraded one ticket to preferred and the other 3 to powerpasses

Sorry, I just assumed Volcano Bay... I must've had another post in mind .
Clarentino is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
nevertoomuch

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
If you are July you will need a power pass. You could buy one of them or get the 14 day tickets and upgrade for what seems to be a $15 price.
That’s assuming no volcano bay though.
If more than 1 trip a prefered pass for 1 of you as you get 10% discount on food and merchandise and it does mount up.
Thanks for that - I had been looking on the Universal site but it didn't seem to explain what ticket you were able to up grade from (if that makes sense?) ie what you had to buy, to then up grade. I thought it must be the 14 day one, so good of you to confirm that.

I also came across an annual pass available to purchase - but it just seems to be for Florida residents.
More number crunching tonight...
Thanks again
nevertoomuch is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 18, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
nevertoomuch

Thanks for that - I need to crunch some numbers tonight!
Can't believe I even thinking of Oct - we just come back from Canaries, which was great, but Florida it ain't
Old 6 Aug 18, 08:05 PM  
Link to this Post
princess10
Swimming at the All Star Resort

Hi we are going next week and also considering late march early April. The blockout dates have not been released yet but it's a good chance these dates could be blocked out with a seasonal pass. If I upgraded to a seasonal pass and the dates were ok then great but if the dates were then blocked out would anything stop me from upgrading again to a preferred pass on my next visit? Has anyone upgraded twice?
princess10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Aug 18, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Thanks for that - I had been looking on the Universal site but it didn't seem to explain what ticket you were able to up grade from (if that makes sense?) ie what you had to buy, to then up grade. I thought it must be the 14 day one, so good of you to confirm that.
What you are doing is swapping one ticket for another and paying the difference in price. You can swap ("upgrade") any ticket for any other ticket, although usually (but not always, it seems) it has to be for an equal or higher priced ticket. So, you can swap/upgrade *any* ticket to an Annual Pass, whether it's a 2-Day Base ticket, 5-Day Hopper ticket, 14-Day Explorer ticket, whatever. You can even upgrade a Seasonal Pass to a Preferred Pass, if you want.

In addition, it appears if you've previously used an entitlement on your old ticket then the ticket you swap to must also contain that entitlement. So, for example, if you've been to Volcano Bay with your 14-day ticket then you have to upgrade to an Annual Pass that includes Volcano Bay. At least, that's the theory anyway.

You can do the same sort of thing at Disney and, I assume, Seaworld as well.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~

Edited at 10:17 AM.
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List