Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 21 Jul 09, 10:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 27

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 74
Fantasyland Expansion Plans Leaked

inline image
Disney has leaked what appears to be very real blueprints laying out all the new ‘attractions’ planned for an expanded Fantasyland at Walt Disney World’s Magic Kingdom. This plan matches information from other sources. This suggests it’s not something fan created and is actually from the halls of WDI in Glendale. Now the question is, has all this been approved for construction? If so we should start seeing bulldozers pushing dirt as soon as October. Don't believe that any of this is true until we do.

So what will the expanded area consist of? It remakes everything from where the current Little Mermaid meet and greet is, moves Dumbo, and goes back to the service road all the way across to the existing Toon Town Fair tents. The only attraction that will remain from the existing Toon Town is Goofy’s Barnstormer. Dumbo will now be located across from the Barnstormer and will be expanded to two spinners doubling the capacity of that popular attraction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3636843273_86e1ee798f (200 x 133).jpg
Views:	86974
Size:	14.3 KB
ID:	16650  

2019 - August - Europe on the Magic! 17th Trip!

**~ °o° ~°o° ~ °o°~°o° ~°o° ~ °o°~**
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
The rest of the expansion is dedicated almost entirely to the Pixie’s and Princesses that has become the marketing and merchandising focus of the Walt Disney Company the last few years. There are three new meet and greets in the making - Pixie Hollow is expanded, Cinderella gets a larger meet and greet, Princess Aurora (a.k.a Sleeping Beauty) also gets a spot. There is some debate as to whether calling a meet and greet an attraction is a bit of a stretch, but there are ways to expand the experience and elevate it to attraction level. Let’s hope that’s in the budget.

Ariel, the Little Mermaid has a meet and greet planned too, but she will also get a whole new attraction (essentially a clone of what is now under construction in California). It looks like Belle will be getting a meet and greet and a new “Be Our Guest” restaurant. At one time there was a Dinner Theatre restaurant by that name planned for Disneyland Paris, it is possible they are reviving that concept. That’s certainly something the Magic Kingdom has been lacking and long lines forming for reservations would clearly be expected.
What’s missing from the earlier rumours? One more roller coaster for the area. There was supposed to be a Snow White Mine Ride. Although building that would mean the removal of the existing Snow White attraction. Perhaps Goofy’s Barnstormer will get re-themed to the Mine Ride.

This is exactly what would be expected - Disney World had to come up with an answer to Universal’s Wizarding World of Harry Potter. Disney is essentially writing off the tween boys and focusing all their attention on the girls with the idea that mums and their daughters control the vacation purse strings

There’s only so much you can tell from a blueprint (assuming this is the final version). There is also some speculation that Fantasyland will get a re-theming as well.

Edited at 10:49 AM.
Imagineer2802 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
Wow... how exciting! Glad Goofy is staying, My son would not be a happy bunny if it were to go! Thanks for the info x
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 10:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Sounds fab if it's true... I think they will need to do something to rival Universal's RRR and Harry potter and Seaworlds Manta... Disney need to catch up,they need a few new rides as well, they always feel very dated to us... it's one of the main reasons we don't visit as much anymore! X.X

Edited at 10:52 AM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post

My first observation on this is that I don't see it competing with the Wizarding World of Harry Potter over at Universal's Isles of Adventure. Disney may feel that Moms and daughters control purse strings but I think that's maybe a misguided view. There's little new that's been offered for boys. I've banged on endlessly about there being a Jack Sparrow character breakfast but it's never been forthcoming. Furthermore, they've left it a little late, haven't they, to start this expansion if it's meant to be the counter to Potter and his gang? Another restaurant is a great idea - that is sorely needed in MK but more "Meet & Greets" aren't the answer in my opinion. At least we'll get the Little Mermaid ride - that's something!

Edited at 01:22 PM.
Old 21 Jul 09, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I agree with geoffa - we need something new - we already have the meet and greets so why change it? I think the exansion of Dumbo is a good idea though. They definately need to devote more to boys - a pirate breakfast is a great idea! I think the "mums and daughters" thing is a very stereotypical view of things - not like disney at all - although i can see that they want to make as much money as possible!

Old 21 Jul 09, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Mouse mess
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 99
I agree, not everyone wants meet and greets, My son would not be interested in Princess's and fairies but he does love Disney... but how long for? I'm not sure. He is 4 so at the minute it's great... but even in a couple of years time when he's not old enough for Harry Potter, Disney may not be catering for him anymore!
He will just love standing in line with his little sister waiting to meet Ariel when he's 7!
Mouse mess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jul 09, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
Jax1970
Imagineer

Jax1970's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Does this mean they would demolish Mickey and Minnie's houses?
Old 21 Jul 09, 11:34 AM  
Link to this Post

I like the fact they are striving to develop new areas but as Geoffa and Imagineer have said Disney need to knock the endless Princess/Fairie stuff on the head... boys are desperate for something they can get excited about. In Pirates and Toy Story they have a lot of strong male characters, since most male characters are actually villians at present, so they need to do more than just have rides based around them... just imagine a pirate environment

Gordon
Old 21 Jul 09, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer2802
Imagineer

Imagineer2802's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Jax1970 View Post
Does this mean they would demolish Mickey and Minnie's houses?
From what i can understand, i think they will be demolishing their houses. I think thats a BIG mistake -it will be like there is a part missing if they remove mickey and minnies houses! That is also something i am not pleased about! Also... almost the entirety of Fantasyland (bar its a small world and peter pan) and Toontown (bar goofys barnstormer) would have to be closed at the same time surley - and thats a huge chunk of MK to be closed...