Notices
Tickets Theme Park Ticket questions and advice

Closed Thread

Old 25 Nov 13, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
Whiteswan- no worries. I know of a few who paid $252 to upgrade 21 day but that was when the CM thought the conversion for the 14 day to AP (not PAP) was $285, so I wouldnt pay more than $194, but it could be as low as $161 by that reasoning. It is all down to whether they give you a better bridging price than a 10 day MYW plus hopping and waterparks etc.

Tigger 48, provided you have one day left on your ticket, you can upgrade. If youve used any of the waterparks, DQ etc it has to be to a PAP which is more than an AP.
Thanks mossyflossy

That makes sense too

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 13, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
stace
Imagineer

Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
We paid just $97 to upgrade ours on Monday but with dvc discount

Total price for 2 adults and 2 kids
HI Hannah,

Where did you upgrade i'm looking to do this in december but could do with a quiet place as it will be christmas? I assume thats $97 each?

thanks
Stacey
stace is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Dec 13, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post

I upgraded from an Ultimate to an AP 3 weeks ago and paid $285, can anyone advise of the best email address to contact Disney on to try and get a refund for the difference between $285 & $194.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 03:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Florida again
Apprentice Imagineer

We upgraded one of our 21 day passes today. Cost was $160 & a bit of change.

To keep the water park and DQ privelidges it was either $280 or $288, can't remember exactly

Our DIBBcast trip reveal video http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=758645
Florida again is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Well done, Florida again.

So it looks as if the costs to upgrade are as follows:

14 day ultimate to an AP is $194 incl tax,

21 day $160 incl tax, and

a DVC member pays $ 100 less, ie. $94 or $60.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Oscaby View Post
I upgraded from an Ultimate to an AP 3 weeks ago and paid $285, can anyone advise of the best email address to contact Disney on to try and get a refund for the difference between $285 & $194.
Did you upgrade to an AP or a PAP? An AP doesn't give you access to the waterparks or DisneyQuest. If you had already used your Ultimate to visit either of these (or wanted future access to these), then you'll have been upgraded to the PAP.

And Florida again suggests that around $280 is the price to upgrade a 21 day Ultimate to a PAP.

If you only upgraded to a AP, then it sounds like you got the 'wrong' CM to deal with your upgrade. I'm sure someone else will provide an email address to get a refund.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
°o°-Hannah-°o°
Imagineer

°o°-Hannah-°o°'s Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by stace View Post
HI Hannah,

Where did you upgrade i'm looking to do this in december but could do with a quiet place as it will be christmas? I assume thats $97 each?

thanks
Stacey
No, they charged us $97 total for 2 adults and 2 kids
Old 16 Dec 13, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
kirst_al UK
Imagineer

kirst_al UK's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 17
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Hi guys - thanks so much for all the information so far 👍 very helpful !

When does the AP prices go up? Imagine these prices will change? It wont happen but we are getting married in April 2015 & would love a cheeky (kind of relaxing budget trip!) in October to get a few things sorted and thought this might be a good way or being able to do Disney in october.

How much do you reckon the upgrade will be for children, the same? $194? I wouldnt get water parks for october and just but the water park pass in April. The free parking on both trips also makes it sound even more beneficial!
Thanks again

[NEW video] April/May 15 - The biggest one yet! 💍🎩👰🏻 [video] Mar 12 - Rosen Inn at Pointe, Orlando, FL. Apr 10 - Vista Cay - Orlando, FL. Dec 08 - Anaheim, LA, Vegas & NYC. Apr 07 - Fairfield Inn & Suites - Orlando, FL. Apr 05 - Crowne Plaza Universal - Orlando, FL.
kirst_al UK is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by °o°-Hannah-°o° View Post
No, they charged us $97 total for 2 adults and 2 kids
Which doesn't seem to align with mossyflossy's post:

Originally Posted by mossyflossy View Post
So it looks as if the costs to upgrade are as follows:

14 day ultimate to an AP is $194 incl tax,

21 day $160 incl tax, and

a DVC member pays $ 100 less, ie. $94 or $60.
The $97 in total for 4 people works out at about $24 per person to upgrade with DVC discount. Which seems like a very good price.

Originally Posted by kirst_al UK View Post
When does the AP prices go up? Imagine these prices will change?
The other ticket prices tend to change in June each year. I'm guessing AP prices go up at around the same time?

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Dec 13, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
mossyflossy
Imagineer

mossyflossy's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Yes you're right Nimbus on the DVC upgrade cost, normally the DVC AP is $100 less than the normal AP, so Hannah got a fabulous deal for four.

And oscaby, you need to PM or email Christybell for the Disney email addy, as I don't know which one she used.
mossyflossy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread