Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Closed Thread

Old 10 Apr 15, 09:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by mousemad View Post
Thanks for the info but it still wont work.
Clicked on the online check-in, it took me too 'skip the counter', followed that through, but now its asking me to select another car & charging me for it & theres no way i can get past it, i've tried aaaargh :angry::angry:!

Thats it, I give up, i'll try the kiosk if we can but if we have to go to the counter, heaven help the person who tries to give me the hard sell!
So you've used the link for online check in and completed that?

If so, use the bypass the counter link from your online check in confirmation email and try that way.

Failing that, log into your booking on Alamo.com and leave that tab open whilst opening a new tab and google Alamo Skip the Counter, follow the procedure, it should (if you leave the original tab open) automatically populate your Skip the Counter information making it easy to complete.

See if that works, it has been successful for others.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Yorkshire_Dan View Post
So you've used the link for online check in and completed that?

If so, use the bypass the counter link from your online check in confirmation email and try that way.

Failing that, log into your booking on Alamo.com and leave that tab open whilst opening a new tab and google Alamo Skip the Counter, follow the procedure, it should (if you leave the original tab open) automatically populate your Skip the Counter information making it easy to complete.

See if that works, it has been successful for others.
I've tried everything you've suggested, but as soon as I click the 'skip the counter' button I get 'your skip the counter is almost complete'. As soon as I click on the next button (even before i've clicked on it) it defaults to this 'select a car' page?

The other car we've booked has worked so we've got one ok & one not

I'm just going to leave it & maybe try the kiosk, but Thank you so much for all your help.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Apr 15, 09:40 PM  
Link to this Post
mousemad
Imagineer

mousemad's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Scratch that the other one hasnt worked either, same thing again.
'18 Madeira beach*'17 Vero beach*'16 40th wedding trip*'15 Siesta Key,Barefoot*'14 Lilli&Joe 1st trip*'13 Cruise,Ft L'dale & AMI*'12 Barefoot,AMI*'11 12go2c Harry*'11 DH B'day Cruise*'10 Barefoot*09 Ft L'dale,Kissimmee*07 Big50,Orlando,Cruise*07 Barefoot*06 Kissimmee*05 Orlando*02 San Diego,Vegas,LA*99 San Diego,Vegas,LA*93 Kissimmee,Clearwater*90 Orlando*81, Ft L'dale,KeyWest,Orlando
mousemad is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 02:04 PM  
Link to this Post
alibabaxx
Very Serious Dibber

I get the following whey trying to do OLCI, getting the error 'protection type invalid' . I did prepay but I followed another amended sticky that stated you could still do OLCI when having prepaid.

I have noticed on the OLCI page that comes up that the 'driving licence expiry date' tabs are the wrong way round... ie expiry date is 4th February input as Month 02, Day 04 and year, but it comes up on the page as Month 04, Day 02 and year. DOB is correct sequence though... has anyone seen this on this page and noticed this error?

I cancelled the whole booking because I thought I had input it wrong, but no, booked again taking care to input correctly and it still came up with these details... which shows driving licence expiry date wrong as far as the system is concerned... I can therefore not complete OLCI... ?

2012 POR FQ Disneymoon
2013 OKW Disneymoon Pt2
2015 AKL and Cruise
2017 AKL, POP and Cruise
alibabaxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 02:14 PM  
Link to this Post
alibabaxx
Very Serious Dibber

Getting confused now... Is there a difference between 'savetime' and 'online check in'? I have done 'savetime' and am trying (unsuccesfully) to do 'skip the counter' What is online check in?

2012 POR FQ Disneymoon
2013 OKW Disneymoon Pt2
2015 AKL and Cruise
2017 AKL, POP and Cruise
alibabaxx is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkshire_Dan
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by alibabaxx View Post
Getting confused now... Is there a difference between 'savetime' and 'online check in'? I have done 'savetime' and am trying (unsuccesfully) to do 'skip the counter' What is online check in?
It's all explained in the sticky information.
Yorkshire_Dan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Hi all ,new to the forum. I take it if u go straight to the desk ur in for a long wait? Also I'm a carhire virgin so does it give u an option to get a sunpass when you check in early also any extras insurance wise I would need ?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 05:44 PM  
Link to this Post
RachF
Apprentice Imagineer

My plan it that everybody else will do the whole Savetime and OLCI and then when I get there, there will be nobody at the kiosks or the desk! Lol.

Edited at 06:29 PM.
RachF is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 11:00 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by alibabaxx View Post
Savetime & OLCI are identical...both will tell you that you should go to the counter.

You can only do Skip The Counter if you have successfully completed Savetime/OLCI.

On my own booking (alamo brits, prepaid) i did savetime and after it completed it said under the barcode that I had to go to the counter.

I then went to the OLCI page and did it again and it gave me a slightly different print out page with some icons at the top that again said I had to go to the counter.

When I did the Skip The Counter, I had to re-enter all of my details again and provide my card - once complete I got a new page to print that said I could now go straight to the garage.

I would point out, if you booked via Virgin - you need to do your check in via their website rather then Alamo's site.

If you have selected to pay for any part of the hire on arrival then you are unlikely to be allowed to Skip The Counter, it's self explanatory - if you need to pay for something then you can't skip, you can still do savetime/OLCI but you won't be able to go any further.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Apr 15, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

Originally Posted by EddyG View Post
Hi all ,new to the forum. I take it if u go straight to the desk ur in for a long wait? Also I'm a carhire virgin so does it give u an option to get a sunpass when you check in early also any extras insurance wise I would need ?
Depends how quickly you get from the plane to the car hire desks.

With Alamo they have Sunpass with all of their cars, if you drive through a Sunpass gate they will calculate your charges and bill them to your card after the car is returned, They charge a daily charge of $3 (only charged if you drive through a sunpass lane) + the tolls incurred.
thatdavieguy is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread